Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

Super Mario Party is coming up next.Everytime I say "Super" I wanna say "Super Paper Mario" for some reason

2 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I went ahead and spoiled myself on that, lol.  But that doesn't bother me as much as knowing story elements from Torna The Golden Country, so it's cool.  But man, seeing that... I can't wait to dive back into the world of Alrest and jump on another epic adventure.

So you saw that they are releasing something with the expansion pass at 10pm Thursday or was that 10am Thursday?

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Super Mario Party is coming up next.Everytime I say "Super" I wanna say "Super Paper Mario" for some reason

So you saw that they are releasing something with the expansion pass at 10pm Thursday or was that 10am Thursday?

I just read that, but I'll hold out til September to get the physical copy of Torna which comes with the expansion pass code. I put so much time in XBC2 from late last year going into this year that I can hold off a bit until I dive back in as there are other games I want to jump into.  But I'm pretty excited!  XBC2 will probably be my favorite in the series when all is said and done.  I mean, just the volume of content alone in the vanilla release was fantastic but they really ramped it up to a new extreme with all of these new extras!

4 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Food for thought on Smash newbies/DLC

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/masahiro_sakurai_confirms_that_recent_super_smash_bros_dlc_additions_werent_from_the_fan_ballot

So a few of my e3 Smash thoughts so far:

SMASH related:

I like Ultimate subtitle.

I like the concept behind ALL Characters.

And from what it looks like ALL stages are coming too.

I like the costumes angle more so than alt colors.

Not sure about his cryptic statement about not too many new characters because of rebooting older ones.  If my math is correct that would mean Snake, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer (M/F and Charizard/Bulbasaur/Squirtle), and Ice Climbers are the ones brought back so to speak.  New ones are Daisy as a Echo, Ridley, and Inklings.  Of these characters I am not really down for Pichu as I never thought he was worth a darn in Melee.  Pokemon Trainer does allow for basically two new Pokemon as you can play as only one during a match instead of having to rotate.  Ice Climbers never really made sense to drop.  Snake's absence from the last game could have been contract related--but I am fine with him returning.  IMO Daisy doesn't really count even though I thought I saw her swinging a golf club.  Ridley and the Inklings are legit though.  I hope they can really get another 5 off the ground that have never appeared in the game though as I don't consider reinvesting in prior characters the same thing as working on fresh meat.  Which does puzzle me about how Bomberman  can be an assist trophy but not a fighter--but that would essentially knock him out of being playable.  There has to be a new Pokemon of some sort.  I really think there are more characters yet to be revealed.  

At this point in time I am surprised about amiibo support in that there is no P2 versions of older characters, or reprint  plans of the older ones.  Ridley amiibo looks sick.  Inkling looks too much like their Splatoon versions and not different enough for a Smash line one.  I would think that would also have to mean Ice Climbers, Snake, Pichu, Daisy, Pokemon Trainer, and ... would have amiibos too.

Overall, with the announcements made, I would say I'm at B+ for Smash right now.  The lack of truly new characters atruend  amiibo plans knock it down from the A  range.  I do kind of agree that from what has been presented its not quite Smash 4 port but not quite Smash 5 (because its lacking truly new content) ... so like a guy on Gamexplain said, its like a Smash 4.75 with all the tweaks, all the older assets getting reworked for modern tech, and some quality of life improvements given to the game.

Super Mario Party Thoughts:

We all knew a game like this would come eventually and the dual switch screens used for some games it seems look to up the possibilities.

However, dual/multiple screens required, seems to possibly hurt the at-home experience.

Online?  I mean I just don't have people over like I used to to play video games so online multiplayer is something I would have to have in order to get back in on this series.

I'm suprirsed they didn't talk up anything coming out of that 3DS game for Top 100.

Other Games:

Xenoblade looked  cool... probably won't get.

Octopath keeps having my fires for it stoked.

I think its nice that Dragonball Z got a game to Switch... I'll pass on it myself.

I found some of the other games/announcements so so.

Other Other:

Lots of stuff was left out IMO so I am expecting a HUGE direct before September to really deal out some more major announcements.

Just gonna focus on the Smash bits.

I'm going with your idea with 5 more DLC character, they have with the release of the game come out late 2018 and the 20th anniversary of the series next year, why not celebrate with DLC.

It's been confirmed that if they are making Daisy amiibo, the characters returning that weren't in Sm4sh, amiibo will be made. As much I think that's strange we have no concepts of them outside Inkling and Ridley makes me believe that the rest will release next. That is why to me I don't think they are making them. They should at least try have the rest made by the end of this year, if possible.

The way I look a this Smash is 60% port and 40% new. That may change once we get more information leading its release. As all we know about the game now is the chars and stage and that's. Once we hear the modes, new or old will determine if this is a one special port that is as new elements or new if the modes are game changers for the series. Regardless of the state now or release, (and this is my bias speaking) I'm content with what is shown right now and couldn't be happier. Just want to see the modes and see if what I'm feeling about the game will shift for the better or worse.

9 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I just read that, but I'll hold out til September to get the physical copy of Torna which comes with the expansion pass code. I put so much time in XBC2 from late last year going into this year that I can hold off a bit until I dive back in as there are other games I want to jump into.  But I'm pretty excited!  XBC2 will probably be my favorite in the series when all is said and done.  I mean, just the volume of content alone in the vanilla release was fantastic but they really ramped it up to a new extreme with all of these new extras!

Oh, this expansion pass coming out for XC2 Thursday, I guess that's the battle challenge mode. Because the story DLC is coming out in September.

2 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

I'd forgotten until now, but with Ice Climbers back in Smash Ultimate who's ready for 8-player Ice Climbers matches?

Jesus christ noooooooo!!!!. 16 players on the screen at the same time, how does that not break the game or overheat the system. They should put a warning on the gamebox that the game may combust with 16 characters on screen.

9 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

What exactly defines an "Echo Fighter"? Is it different from a clone? Why are Lucina and Dark Pit considered Echo Fighters when characters like Pichu and Lucas aren't? What are Alph and the Koopalings classified as?

It seems like they're clones with a few move changes. Though I don't know why Dr Mario isn't an Echo...

6 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

What exactly defines an "Echo Fighter"? Is it different from a clone? Why are Lucina and Dark Pit considered Echo Fighters when characters like Pichu and Lucas aren't? What are Alph and the Koopalings classified as?

I think I got it. So DP and Lucina their move and properties are about the same from their origin chars. Pichu, Lucas and even Dr. Mario have same moves as their origin chars but their move have different properties, like Dr. Mario standard b and Lucas standard.

When I explain that , kind of sound convoluted. IMO, these should be echo but since their not and I picked up on who are echo and those are not. I just look to their move pool and that's how I came to this conclusion.

1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

It seems like they're clones with a few move changes. Though I don't know why Dr Mario isn't an Echo...

Look above for my reasoning.

Dr. Mario does have a completely different move than Mario: Down+B is the tornado for Dr. Mario and FLUDD for Mario. I guess that's enough to not be labeled an Echo character.

And Alph and the Koopalings are, I assume, just considered costume/skin changes, just like the two Pokémon Trainers, Wii Fit Trainers, Inklings, etc.

7 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Great we getting a look at Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion.

Nintendo we just have a few more hours til this releases this evening, you couldn't you wait?!?

Gotta sell it still.

I REALLY want it, but at the price point I want more info, or will just wait for reviews

1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

Gotta sell it still.

I REALLY want it, but at the price point I want more info, or will just wait for reviews

Currently not watching it, even tho they say they not gonna spoil much. I got it right away, I think it is worth the price. I know up in Canada just makes it harder but I believe what the saying and sold me here.

Happened yesterday but.....

@purple_beard

Spoiler

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH NINFORA!!!! DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR! CLAP FOR YOUR FOUR TIME CHAMPS AND FEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

IT'S A NEW DAY, YES IT IS!!!

TL;DR- New Bomber in Super Bomberman R based on WWE Superstar Xavier Woods.

@purple_beard Snake's return must be for the sake of Ultimate's big selling point--being able to shout "ALL FIGHTERS RETURN!" with no asterisk.

Because otherwise, Metal Gear is developed by a shitty company with an absolutely toxic reputation, who effectively severed its already-flimsy ties with Nintendo shortly after getting their character in Smash.

There's a lot of mystery behind Smash Bros Ultimate. It's a seriously glorified update--more than what I would have considered reasonable for Sakurai. But watching his E3 appearances intently, he's seemed energetic and cheerful. Even though Ultimate is pure Melee fanservice, something I know he's sick of dealing with. Smash 4 could've nearly killed the man, yet here he is, right back at it with almost no break whatsoever. Something big must've happened in his personal life but I can't imagine what. Really hoping he talks about this in an interview soon, because I'm baffled.

They are show the DK adventures of Mario+Rabbids DLC. This I don't mind being spoiled on.

5 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

52IifMy.jpg

This needs to be updated.

TBH, he's looking a little older not by much like he aged 2 yrs from the 20-30 something year old. 

I think time is catching up with him now, it wa only a matter of time.