Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

3 minutes ago, Marxforever said:

It's trying to sway some of the Go audience to the core games. For what it's worth Gen VIII is not going to be anything like Let's Go and has been in development since before the Switch even came out.

As someone who still plays go with my Friends. I'm looking forward to Let's Go. And hey, at least I can finally get a Mr. Mime, since I'm not probably going to Europe anytime soon. And Go still doesn't allow trading. In a Pokemon game...

I think Let's Go only allows trading from mobile to Switch, not the other way.

I hope that Let's Go being so easy that you win just by starting up the game means Gen 8 will have some serious difficulty to it.

So, just a few questions about Smash:

Snake in, but no Amiibo?

*YES to his Brawl Stage coming back!

Ice Climbers in, but no Amiibo?

Pichu in, but no Amiibo?

Star Wolf in, but no Amiibo?

For Splatoon fighters, only a new design of orange hair female for an amiibo?

Didn't see anything about a re-relase of older line.

Pokemon Trainer w' 3 Pokes but no Amiibo?

Zelda?  Is that Shiek AND Zelda or like she was in Brawl as a switch between Sheik or Zelda?

Pokemon Trainer and the three attached Pokemon will be one roster spot versus having a spot for Charizard, Squirtle, and .....  ?

Bomberman only gets in as an assist trophy?  For shame.

And the Daisy fan base is losing their minds right now since she’s an “echo character” to Peach, even with no huge differences in movesets.

If the infamous “Hi I’m Daisy” line from Double Dash isn’t used as her taunt, that’s a missed opportunity to have it be spammed like crazy to annoy competitors online.

28 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Snake in, but no Amiibo?

Pichu in, but no Amiibo?

Zelda?  Is that Shiek AND Zelda or like she was in Brawl as a switch between Sheik or Zelda?

Pokemon Trainer and the three attached Pokemon will be one roster spot versus having a spot for Charizard, Squirtle, and .....  ?

I imagine those amiibo will be announced eventually, I mean they went through the trouble of adding amiibo for all of the DLC characters in Smash 4.

Zelda and Sheik are separate characters, like Smash 4. You can see Sheik use her Down+B from Smash 4 in her character video here (same for Zelda's character video).

Pokémon Trainer, I couldn't say for certain without seeing the actual character select screen but since he has the switching Pokémon mechanic like Brawl I imagine PT will be one character on the roster screen. Scratch that, you can see on the Treehouse stream it's one character on roster screen.

Edited by Eliwood8
20 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Snake in, but no Amiibo?

Pichu in, but no Amiibo?

For some reason, even to we're getting Ridley amiibo. I don't think we're gonna get amiibo for the returning characters that weren't in Sm4sh. I could be wrong but watch next month for them. Like 12/07/2018 is not a lot of time to make those amiibo in such a short time, unless they release after 12/07/2018 and that's definitely.

Why I say those amiibo won't be made cause if they say you can use any amiibo out for characters from the last game, why would make the rest and not make new amiibo on the whole roster, is my thinking. Again, I could be wrong and show them later and release after the game release. That's the only way I see the rest being made.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This was confirmed in the Pokemon Let's GO stream. Now I have to get the Pokeball Plus.

Just now, DLurkster said:

For some reason, even to we're getting Ridley amiibo. I don't think we're gonna get amiibo for the returning characters that weren't in Sm4sh. I could be wrong but watch next month for them. Like 12/07/2018 is not a lot of time to make those amiibo in such a short time, unless they release after 12/07/2018 and that's definitely.

Why I say those amiibo won't be made cause if they say you can use any amiibo out for characters from the last game, why would make the rest and not make new amiibo on the whole roster, is my thinking. Again, I could be wrong and show them later and release after the game release. That's the only way I see the rest being made.

This was confirmed in the Pokemon Let's GO stream. Now I have to get the Pokeball Plus.

Yea I just heard about it. Now I'm hard passing. Given it's possible price. Unless there's a damn good sale. It's not worth it to me. So I guess I'll be trying for one in Go. Only issue will be finding a Ditto again.

The new Moray tower stage looks quite nice - not sure if it's always night, or if it has a day/night system, but it looks pretty nice either way

Also, is that victory screen music reminiscent from the N64 game? Because it sounds pretty close to it to me

If so, that's a pretty cool touch and nod to the first game

1 minute ago, Shadow118 said:

The new Moray tower stage looks quite nice - not sure if it's always night, or if it has a day/night system, but it looks pretty nice either way

Also, is that victory screen music reminiscent from the N64 game? Because it sounds pretty close to it to me

If so, that's a pretty cool touch and nod to the first game

You're correct that is the music you hear in Smash 64 when selecting characters as the results in not only Smash ultimate but in Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U result screen as well.

10 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

You're correct that is the music you hear in Smash 64 when selecting characters as the results in not only Smash ultimate but in Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U result screen as well.

It was in the 3DS version too? Honestly, it's been a long time since i've played that version so i kind of forgotten....

Never got around to buying the Wii U version either