FORTNITE now available on Switch!

Currently still tinkering with the gyro controls, and they feel alright for the most part. Adjusting the scope sensitivity is going to be the tough part, since because it's zoomed in, it'll feel like you're looking around way too fast. Right now, I only have motion controls on for targeting (set about 0.3), and scope (about 0.1). I don't think I will use gyro control outside of it. Maybe for grenade throws, but that's about it.

• 1 month later...

I wonder I how quickly Sony will change their tune if the PS5 isn't the best selling console next gen? Not allowing cross-play with other consoles could come back and bite them in the ass next gen. Being anti-consumer is not something you want to be, Sony.

Oh, and BTW, Sony...We all know PC (mouse + keyboard) is the best place to play Fortnite. ;) 

3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Sony says they don't do crossplay with XBOX/Switch because, 'they're the best place to play FORTNITE.'

WHAT DA ACTUAL FUCK SONY?!? 

Have you every heard of humility? I recommend you get some.

Not surprised they're going all in on this after their previous comments when it first turned up.  But considering that conversation isn't burning nearly as bright when it first came up an answer like that simply stoked the flames once again.

Welp, they cannot say it's all because of the money, so of course they have to make up some bullshit.

...and I know a while back news broke that an exec who used to work for Sony said it was because of the money, but keep in mind, that person -use- to work for Sony and is not obligated to keep their mouth shut (for the most part).

Also finally unlocked Rook, YES.

Edited by avalonknight
  • 2 weeks later...

So, come tho find out Epic has disabled video capture for Fortnite on the Switch...

WHAT?! This makes absolutely no sense! I haven't noticed any issue with video capture do performance/stability issues, nor have I heard of anyone else having issues with it. Makes me think that there's another reason why they removed video capture that they don't want to tell us. Hopefully the feature will come back.

That would explain why the game was loading in assets relatively faster after a recent update. In a past few, it slowly has gotten worse and worse, to the point of if I landed in Tilted Towers, this one building I was standing in was still rendered in ultra low polygons, and would stay like that for a maybe half a minute before became fully rendered and can be interacted with.

Edited by avalonknight
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

OH MY FUCKING SHIT, GUYS!!!!....

I can't believe it! I guess Sony finally realized that being anti-consumer was bad for their image and could really come to bit them in the ass next gen.

I know the backlash with NSO isn't as bad as the about but maybe if we provide constructive criticism about the service maybe they'll listen and implement them like Sony is here with Cross-Play.

I can dream.y;

EDIT: I watched a video by Spawnwave that mentions on the PlayStation Blog that they are testing this with a Beta and it is live now. So I hope it goes well and Sony doesn't backpedal. So Sonny don't fuck this up and same goes for the players as well. This is a team effort.

Source

Edited by DLurkster

In wake of Sony's announcement to allow cross-play with other consoles, Epic is working on a way for people to merge and rerlink/unlink their accounts...

I'm sure this will make a lot of Switch owners happy, as I know there are quite a few of them that had to make an entirely new account just to play on Switch. Nice to see Epic fixing things after Sony's previous dumb-ass decisions.