FORTNITE now available on Switch!

11 hours ago, alienboyva said:

With all the backlash of Sony locking peoples Fortine accounts to the PS4, their stock has dropped by 2%. Sony has now commented on the matter...

Huh...I was unaware that Sony allows cross-play with every platform except Switch. I thought they didn't want to do cross-play period. Well, regardless of them not wanting to do cross-play with the Switch, locking people's accounts to PS4 (especially those who've spent $ on the game), is totally inexcusable! Yeah, they probably knew the Switch version was going to be hot-shit and they were like "Na man! We can't have PS4 Fortnite players moving over to the Switch".

Anyway, from that statement it seems like they're just waiting for this to blow-over. Though, I hope the community continues to blacklash, because this is fucking BS and hopefully Sony will change their stance. 

Normally Sony does allow cross-platform play with PCs. But for it playing with Xbox and Switch, that's pretty much a big no.

Now this news is starting to go mainstream...

Seriously, Sony, STOP being fucking assholes and let people use their accounts on Switch!  Yeah, you would't be doing this if the PS4 never really took off like the Wii U. If Sony doesn't stop locking people's accounts, this is just going to continue to get worse. Hell, we could have another EA & loot boxes in Battlefront II type of situation here. You'd think that after that whole ordeal, that no company would every want to massively piss off gamers.

You'd think there'd be something Epic Games could do since it's they're the ones providing the accounts through their service, but I guess not. :( 

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Word. At least Microsoft has enough class to allow for cross play. Give them props there. Swear Sony still has a big bug up their butts about Nintendo even after all these years.

Yeah, Microsoft (The Director of Programming for Xbox Live) even tweeted out how to connect your Xbox Live account to your Epic account. so people can play on Switch. Seriously, this just makes Sony even worse.

Edited by alienboyva
Just now, alienboyva said:

Yeah, Microsoft (The Director of Programming for Xbox Live) is even tweeted out how to connect your Xbox Live accounts to your Epic accounts so they can play on Switch. Seriously, this just makes Sony even worse.

Fuckin' A. Bless them. Talk about putting any console wars in the past. That's cool.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Fuckin' A. Bless them. Talk about putting any console wars in the past. That's cool.

Unlike Sony, they realize that people aren't going to start making the Switch their main system for Fortnite. They know people just want to play on Switch so they can play while chilln' on the couch, laying in bed, etc. or when on the go. 

2 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Unlike Sony, they realize that people aren't going to start making the Switch their main system for Fortnite. They know people just want to play on Switch so they can play while chilln' on the couch, laying in bed, etc. or when on the go. 

Exactly. They have some actual common sense.

Made it to lvl 14 last night and unlocked a new loading screen + a new emote (not spending any $ on the game). :) 

Spoiler

I also, got a new personal best of 8th in solo (No pic, just trust me)! ^_^  Yeah, I don't think I'll ever win a solo game... Mainly because I'm not a building pro, plus I'm not the best at dual stick shooters (would be much better with gyro controls). Even though I'm not that great, I managed to get some good kills. One was when I almost died, because I was looking at the map :D  and the other was in a pickaxe battle that I won.

Spoiler

Oh..I also found this that the afro guy from the Switch trailer was playing with... 

Edited by alienboyva
On 6/15/2018 at 8:33 PM, alienboyva said:

But why wouldn't the Switch suddenly become the main system to play it one, once you start playing on the couch, in bed, in the bathroom, at a friends house? Suddenly Fortnite at nearly any time becomes really alluring. Outside of better framerate and some filtering, the games are identical. You could see why many people would change what they play it on.

Sony is the market leader and clearly Epic allowed this, because well you have to play ball sometimes. Sony has spent a lot of time and money getting PSN to the state it is today and they clearly stole a ton of users from Live. Once they have you, they probably have your friends as well, so to them, might as well lock you into their ecosystem so it makes it more difficult for you to change sides next gen.

That said, MS should not win any points either. Don't think they wouldn't pull the same shit if they were the market leader. They are only playing nice because the Xbox One did huge damage to their reputation and drove gamers to Sony. They are doing as much as possible to look good and save face for next gen and they really want to end this gen as fast as possible.

Let's not forget that MS with the Xbox One, wanted to lock physical copies of your purchased games to the hardware. Thereby not allowing you to borrow, rent, or have used games function on your system. Don't for a second think they won't attempt that again at some point in the future, should they become the market leader.

As bad as Sony is, MS as market leader would be far worse, IMO.

8 hours ago, Punchy said:

But why wouldn't the Switch suddenly become the main system to play it one, once you start playing on the couch, in bed, in the bathroom, at a friends house? Suddenly Fortnite at nearly any time becomes really alluring. Outside of better framerate and some filtering, the games are identical. You could see why many people would change what they play it on.

Super competitive/hardcore players will still want to use their XBox One/PS4/PC as their main system for the better performance (FPS/visuals). Everyone else who just plays just to have a good time, I could see using the Switch as their main system (mainly using it in handheld/tabletop mode). 

As a handheld version of the game, I'm impressed at what Epic Games has been able to pull off on the Switch. Still, it makes me wonder if they can raise the FPS to 60 without making too many sacrifices. If not, totally I'm OK with that. I don't mind playing at 30fps.

This is the best game that I suck at. I didn't play the game with headphones until yesterday morning before work, and it made a big difference in my enjoyment of the game being able to clearly hear player movement, activity and treasure cues. Handheld mode may end up being my preferred way to play in spite of wanting sprint mapped to another button. I don't feel the L-stick is meant to be pressed in extensively on the Joy-cons, and think I lost functionality in my blue Joy-con after using the press in to block in ARMS for a while.

10 hours ago, IU said:

This is the best game that I suck at. I didn't play the game with headphones until yesterday morning before work, and it made a big difference in my enjoyment of the game being able to clearly hear player movement, activity and treasure cues. Handheld mode may end up being my preferred way to play in spite of wanting sprint mapped to another button. I don't feel the L-stick is meant to be pressed in extensively on the Joy-cons, and think I lost functionality in my blue Joy-con after using the press in to block in ARMS for a while.

I'd also like an option to map run to another button, but IDK if there is another button they could map it to without changing things too much. Clicking the L stick (L3) to run is pretty common for shooters, so.. It'd be nice if they added touch controls for when playing in handheld mode and added an on-screen button to toggle run, that could be turned on in settings. Speaking of touch controls, I'd love to have them to quickly switch items in your main inventory/building inventory and to bring up the map (kind of a pain to press - on the L joy-con, because of the L stick). I'd also like touch controls for the menus, because the menu UI was clearly designed for a mouse and the way the implemented button controls feels a bit unintuitive in places.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

REALLY?! WOW! F U $ONY!!!

Though to be fair, I understand that they're a business after all, but being anti-consumer isn't going to help theme in the long run and could come back and bite them in the ass.

Edited by alienboyva

This shit just keeps getting better... Apparently this was leaked. Makes me think Sony is trying to do damage control...? Though to be fair, this was probably in the works well before all the drama after the Switch version released.

This gives me hope that we could see Nintendo exclusive skis, kinda like how Rocket League got exclusive Nintendo themed cars? Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something that went down behind the the scenes between Epic Games and Sony (like with Sony locking Epic accounts) that says only they can have exclusive skins or some shit. :v

Edited by alienboyva
50 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

This shit just keeps getting better... Apparently this was leaked. Makes me think Sony is trying to do damage control...? Though to be fair, this was probably in the works well before all the drama after the Switch version released.

This gives me hope that we could see Nintendo exclusive skis, kinda like how Rocket League got exclusive Nintendo themed cars? Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something that went down behind the the scenes between Epic Games and Sony (like with Sony locking Epic accounts) that says only they can have exclusive skins or some shit. :v

Lmfao. Great reasons to buy this game! Not. Hard pass.

On 6/19/2018 at 11:14 PM, alienboyva said:

REALLY?! WOW! F U $ONY!!!

Though to be fair, I understand that they're a business after all, but being anti-consumer isn't going to help theme in the long run and could come back and bite them in the ass.

Exactly. What they're doing now could really have a negative impact going forward.

• 3 weeks later...