FORTNITE now available on Switch!

6 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Huh, I thought HD Rumble was already in. I guess I was mistaken.

Yeah, it has rumble, but I'm pretty sure it's just using the basic rumble and not the HD rumble.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, they could also add Nintendo exclusive skins / avatar items, like in Minecraft on Wii U/3DS/Switch.

Edited by alienboyva

So I was playing this game for the first time, and there's a lot to process. I can see why people love this game, but for me it may take a while for that. I'd almost rather play games where you get right into the action rather than build up your ammo and strategize, but to each their own. While I was also playing, I got the itch to use the Gyro, almost thought it would be apart of this version.

5 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Yeah, I tried using a headset (just the earpods the came with my iPhone), but when I held the minus button in the main lobby to bring up the chat, it said global chat disabled at the bottom. Am I missing something here or have they not enabled it yet?

Found it!

Video was up a few hours ago. Started vid where they started to speak about voice chat. It wasn't the end but the middle, wow my memory is that good, huh?

Said it will be activated by Thursday morning.

In an IGN interview with Reggie, he said that Fortnite has already hit 2 million downloads on Switch. He also comments on the whole Sony situation, where your account is locked to the PS4...

Link: https://gonintendo.com/stories/311231-ign-fortnite-hits-2-million-downloads-on-switch-nintendo-comme

I knew this game was popular and I knew people love the Switch, but DAMN!...2 million downloads in a day?! O_O 

I can understand Sony not what wanting to do cross-play (even though I think it's kinda BS), but locking your account to PS4 is is totally fucking shit!!! >:(  F U SONY!!! 🖕 🖕 I feel so sorry for people who have already linked their account on PS4 and want to use it on Switch (especially those who put money in to the game) to play on the go or off-TV. Hopefully, all this backlash will convince Sony to not lock people's accounts.

Edited by alienboyva
6 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

In an IGN interview with Reggie, he said that Fortnite has already hit 2 million downloads on Switch. He also comments on the whole Sony situation, where your account is locked to the PS4...

I knew this game was popular and I knew people love the Switch, but DAMN!...2 million downloads in a day?! O_O 

I can understand Sony not what wanting to do cross-play (even though I think it's kinda BS), but locking your account to PS4 is is totally fucking shit!!! >:(  F U SONY!!! 🖕 🖕 I feel so sorry for people who have already linked their account on PS4 and want to use it on Switch (especially those who put money in to the game) to play on the go or off-TV. Hopefully, all this backlash will convince Sony to not lock people's accounts.

389.gif.54533a278e2d1e783d22d054188e016d.gif

32 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Link: https://gonintendo.com/stories/311231-ign-fortnite-hits-2-million-downloads-on-switch-nintendo-comme

For a platform from a company that a lot of people don't really associate with as having much for its online userbase that's a pretty high level of connectivity in a short amount of time I think. Stuff like this will probably only help in keeping people in engaged with Nintendo's eshop offerings (which has already done well with many indie title publishers) as well as their online "engagement" (seems to be a popular term these days :P) going forward.  It's a darn good result!

4 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Good! Sony deserves all the backlash. Locking people's accounts to the PS4, especially when they've spent money on the game, is totally fucking BS!

Edited by alienboyva
3 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

He's know for the subtle jabs, like previous president from Sony we know.

Just now, Eliwood8 said:

It'd be really interesting if we could tell how many of those 2 million are players new to Fortnite.

I'd like to know this too but for some reason, I don't think that's a priority to look into but still 2 million in just over 24hrs is nothing to sneeze at either.

Just now, Eliwood8 said:

It'd be really interesting if we could tell how many of those 2 million are players new to Fortnite.

I know I'm one of them. :D Though, from what I've seen, there seems to be quite a lot of new players that hopped on the battle bus with the Switch.

What I'm really curious about is, how many of these 2 million downloads were from people trying to log-in to their accounts that were already linked to the PS4? 

I've played more of this than I thought after downloading it. Never got it on PC, since thought the Battle Royale was part of the main game, and not a separate F2P game. And it's my first time playing this subgenre of multiplayer shooters.

Needless to say, I was curious on this aspect, how well does it run. Developed by Epic Games, creators of Unreal Engine 4, which powers Fortnite. Who better to showcase the power of the engine on Switch than its own creators? Yes, I know Bloodstained and Dragonball FighterZ is UE4 and Switch-bound as well, but you know what I'm saying. My thinking was, if this runs well, it may convince more UE4 game dems to port their game on Switch, or new devs to choose UE4 for their Switch games.

Glad to say that it ran very well. Granted, my docked Switch revs up to an audible hum and the game needs to load if you are switching to spectating someone at the other side of the map, but it works.

Edited by avalonknight

LOL! This guy was sneaking around in a bush. How do you do this? 

Also, I got a new personal best of 10th place. :) 

EDIT: Had a team match with @The Krazy One in which we got 3rd! ^_^  Too bad the voice chant wasn't up yet, cuz I felt we could have really used it. Good thing it'll but up tomorrow.

Edited by alienboyva

With all the backlash of Sony locking peoples Fortine accounts to the PS4, their stock has dropped by 2%. Sony has now commented on the matter...

"We also offer Fortnite cross-play support with PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, expanding the opportunity for Fortnite fans on PS4 to play with even more gamers on other platforms. We have nothing further to add beyond this at this point."

Link: https://gonintendo.com/stories/311325-sony-stock-takes-a-hit-over-fortnite-switch-cross-platform-backla

Huh...I was unaware that Sony allows cross-play with every platform except Switch. I thought they didn't want to do cross-play period. Well, regardless of them not wanting to do cross-play with the Switch, locking people's accounts to PS4 (especially those who've spent $ on the game), is totally inexcusable! Yeah, they probably knew the Switch version was going to be hot-shit and they were like "Na man! We can't have PS4 Fortnite players moving over to the Switch".

Anyway, from that statement it seems like they're just waiting for this to blow-over. Though, I hope the community continues to blacklash, because this is fucking BS and hopefully Sony will change their stance. 

Yeah, I just played some matches with my little bro. who was on Xbox One (he just bought one back in April) and he said the same thing about the chat audio coming from my Switch. However, his sounded just fine. Makes me wonder if this is a system level issue or a game level issue.

Also, my bro said that with the text chat in the main lobby, all my messages weren't showing up on his Xbox One. However, all his showed up on my Switch just fine.