Anor Londo - N4A Chat Thread, June 2018

ace

I prefer SM to USUM, honestly.

Alola is weird for being a story-driven Pokemon game, and Necrozma's inclusion is handled extremely poorly. The Necrozma subplot is fine per se, but story content it replaces is some serious character defining moments. Whereas SM feels tightly-scripted, USUM just feels awkward and flat by comparison. On one hand, it's a Pokemon game and who plays Pokemon for story; on the other hand, probably a third of your time in Alola is spent reading dialogue so I can't dismiss the narrative that easily. 

Pretty much all the other changes USUM range from inoffensive to nice, but never compelling. Perhaps the most notable addition is boss fights are generally harder than SM (albeit, when difficultly usually exists in a 2-v-1 format, that speaks to a larger issue); and I guess there's more pre-gen 7 mons if that's your jam. 

Edited by Sidon

Ended up with $130 total from two different sources yesterday (and a few new pairs of shorts,a couple of comic cutouts...)

Though the $30 check is going into savings I think I’ll use some of that $100 for an Eshop gift card... not sure how much though

Somewhat considering going halfway and getting the newer version of Minecraft...

Not really sure if I want to spend $60-ish on bigger titles just yet, even though I want some of them...

And at this moment I’m not really sure what else I want right now...

13 hours ago, ace said:

HOW IS THAT LEGAL

Lmao they get away with it because we are temporary student employees over the summer... So we don't even get overtime for it, they only give us overtime for 40+ in the week. So that kinda sucks, but tbh these kids are pretty chill today so having a good group has made it go by easier. But fuck I'm tired.

Edited by fuzz

The thing that I love about Wednesday Frog is that it's an entirely self-made meme. It didn't come from a movie, game, TV show, or current event; somebody just took a random picture of a Budgett's Frog and added the text "It is Wednesday, my dudes". People couldn't have reblogged it because they recognized it from somewhere else; they could only reblog it on its own merits.

So then when that guy with the sunglasses and the Spider-Man t-shirt made that Vine of himself reciting the phrase and then screaming, we suddenly had a source for all these techno remixes and animations with the frog; again, without the context of recognizing it from somewhere else.