Anor Londo - N4A Chat Thread, June 2018

ace

50 minutes ago, chickadee said:

you're too late, i already sent you good saturday vibes that are impossible to avoid 

you'll have a good saturday if its the last thing you do

joke's on you, i already had a panic attack between these messages

nobody tells me what to do 0|

After I'm done with my windows backlog, i'll be making the switch to Linux as well. Probably ubuntu, but I might go with a different distribution instead. And by windows backlog, I basically mean Ys games and maybe Witcher 1/2 but I'm increasingly thinking of just reading the novels instead. 

2 hours ago, Kodiack said:

Which distro are you using? Ubuntu?

I’m using Linux mint 

though I seem to be having problems with the refresh rate on my laptop screen. My big display monitor is fine but everything is slow and laggy on the laptop

Edited by ace

I made the switch to Linux Mint a year and haven't looked back. I only use Windows for work or when I need to print something. I stopped gaming on my PC years beforehand, so giving that up wasn't a problem. It takes some troubleshooting to get everything working, but it's definitely worth it. With troubleshooting Linux, it atleast feels like you're learning something, rather than trying to work around the design of Windows (only for them to undo your solutions with the next update.)

No matter what I do it permanently runs on my laptop display at 40 hz. I've tried reinstalling, I've even tried using base Ubuntu and it does the same thing. My external monitor works just fine, but the built-in lags. Must be something with this computer.

Scratch that, I tried switching to Fedora and that's working perfectly.

Edited by ace