Anor Londo - N4A Chat Thread, June 2018

ace

1 minute ago, ace said:

I have a skull lantern. It’s still fucking garbage 

Outside of the archers early on I don't see a problem with the place.  I have more important shitty levels to bitch about, like Blighttown or Lost Izalith. theydonothing;

16 minutes ago, luca said:

Outside of the archers early on I don't see a problem with the place.  I have more important shitty levels to bitch about, like Blighttown or Lost Izalith. theydonothing;

Don’t forget New Londo either. 

We're all entitled to controversial opinions, especially around an obtusely designed series like Dark Souls.  Every game has is questionably poor level designs, like Lost Izalith in DkS1, sections of Ashes of Ariandel in DkS3, or the entire base game of Dark Souls 2. theydonothing;

I played a bit of Dark Souls way back in the day and always intended to return to it. Is it worth "buying" the new one over the one I actually bought on Steam in like 2014?
I hear the physics are a lot better

50 minutes ago, Pichi said:

I played a bit of Dark Souls way back in the day and always intended to return to it. Is it worth "buying" the new one over the one I actually bought on Steam in like 2014?
I hear the physics are a lot better

From games by proxy and even Dark Souls with DSfix has and will always run like hot fucking garbage.  The Remaster still has a few niggling problems but it's mostly a very functional and well-made port, if not a bit bare in the liberties it took.  I think it's worth upgrading the original version on Steam to the Remaster for 20 bucks if it's taken you 4 years to get around to it, but I understand if people are frugal.

Don't ask my opinion on whether or not you should play Dark Souls 2.  It's a side-story related to the first game in passing, DkS3 is more of an actual sequel.

8 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Are we going to have an E3 board?

the activity from people talking about e3 might make this look like a normal, active board.
why make a new one to keep it looking empty instead lol

I might get Dark Souls remastered on the cheap, probably a year from now.

Lately I've been playing Tales of Xillia, and honestly, I've never played a game that felt so incomplete. The game starts off pretty strong, but  half way it falls to pieces. As if the development team was told they have 7 months of development instead of 12. Atleast the game is fun with its battle system. I'm hoping Berseria will be a better experience.

I keep forgetting it's June already. My mind keeps thinking that Summer break is around the corner, but I graduated a year ago.