Hackers invade Splatoon 2?

Looks like hackers have made their way into Splatoon 2's online multiplayer. Players have noticed some people using overpowered weapons, custom weapon sets, using gear that hasn't been released yet, and even using Octolings, which aren't supposed to be playable until the Octo-Expansion DLC this Summer. Apparently, Splatoon 2 has nothing in place to prevent this, which is, odd, since Splatoon on the Wii U did have measures in place to prevent this.

I haven't noticed any hackers, as have I haven't played Splatoon 2 in a while, but if Nintendo lets this get any worse, this is enough to make me never touch the game again. Nintendo better fix this before we have to start paying for online in Sept. or else people are gonging to be pissed and stop playing. Online multiplayer is the core of Splatoon and if people stop playing because of hackers, just image all those sales they'll lose, especailly in JPN, cuz as you know JPN is obsessed with Splatoon. Sure, you can just play with friends online or play with friends locally, but sales would still take a big hit. At least Nintendo seems to be starting to do something about hackers, as they recently banned a number of Switch owner's systems from going online, including one prominent member of the Switch hacking community (Yes, this even includes the eShop).

Edited by alienboyva

Even when cheaters popped up on Wii I pretty much opted to just play any online games with friends which is where most of my online gaming time went anyway so that's what I'll do here if need be.  It is a shame though, as much good as the hacking community can bring to platforms it's always an inevitability that the bad will come with it.  Like, I don't get why the person who created the weapon modification hack and pledged to never use it publicly would then give it out to people including someone who is apparently notorious for using such things when they feel like it.  Kinda defeats their altruistic intentions, IMO.

On 5/28/2018 at 8:10 AM, alienboyva said:

Apparently, Splatoon 2 has nothing in place to prevent this, which is, odd, since Splatoon on the Wii U did have measures in place to prevent this.

Splatoon and Splatoon 2 have nothing is place to stop this other than banning and if Nintendo doesn't aggressively ban, then they are always in last place in an arms race. As long as the game is P2P and not server authoritative this is no way to prevent hacking or modifying data.

And soon you will be paying money for this. LOL!!!