BOREDOM: A FATAL PROBLEM IN VIDEO GAMING.

Are you bored playing a certain video game?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. What makes you feel bored playing that certain game?

• It's too short to beat/ little content.
    • It has too long to beat/ too much content.
    • There's too much plot.
    • There's not enough plot.
    • The enemies and/or bosses are push-overs.
    • The music is too soft, too ambient, too "laid back", too "comfortable" and doesn't "tackle" an emotion to an extent.
    • IT'S TOO EASY!
    • Anything else that I forgot, because I'm too bored to remember it myself.
    • I'm not immersed in this world.
    • All of the above!... And number 12!
    • YOUR FACE. roast.
    • Forgot loading screens.

11 minutes ago, Gold said:

Points of No Return are fine when they tell you in game it's happening and you have a choice to not go past. Mostly seen towards the last boss, but midpoints, timeskips, ect can happen too, and as long as you have a choice to back out and do it later I think they are fine.

Fair point. But I'm no fan of them in the most recent Golden Sun game (DarkDawn).

16 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

Another feature that can ruin my interest is bad checkpoints. This stopped me from getting far in Donkey Kong Country Returns. Levels are long, and checkpoints are minutes apart. It can be discouraging to make a mistake that's going to cost you several minutes of your time.

Any game that uses save points gets an automatic pass from me. It's the 21st century. Games should not be holding their players captive and forcing them to keep playing.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Fair point. But I'm no fan of them in the most recent Golden Sun game (DarkDawn).

Also any game that has beautiful graphics but slaps a heavy blur filter over them for no reason, hypes up bosses you can kill in one turn, pretends to continue the multiculturalism of its predecessors while making the entire plot just about Chinese furries, and builds its whole identity out of fanservice it jumps through hoops to never deliver.

Edited by Destiny Hero

I picked immersion since it's so broad. Recently, I've been having a hard time getting into games that are too predictable. I'm getting burned out on Doom, Bayonetta and Metroid: Samus Returns because they all cycle through the same scenarios generally for their settings. Each one involves jumping from location to location within a particular area to face an enemy, or enemies in the case of Doom and Bayonetta, and progress gets locked to those locations until the encounter is cleared. I give Doom and Bayonetta more of a pass than MSR since they offer more combat options and typically aren't completely reliant on any one mechanic, but I'm still having to find motivation to play them on most nights because of their predictable nature in spite of enjoying the atmosphere and personality of both.

Pointless Continues

Sort of like the poor checkpoints. But I'm talking getting a full on Game Over towards the end of a game, using a continue, but you're left barebones and there's no way to really finish the game or progress as it requires a shit ton of items/lives/etc that you would've had with you before the game over. Like carrying a certain weapon/item/subweapon for a while that's almost necessary for a certain boss, getting a Game Over, and then having none of those power-ups when you continue and making progress next to impossible