Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 won’t come to the Switch

https://www.destructoid.com/no-plans-for-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-on-switch-according-to-treyarch-503626.phtml

Not my type of game but Treyarch is letting possible sales and opportunities to play the game with friends on the go get wasted by not porting it on the Switch.

Sure it’s not simple porting it but still, they’re misisng out on extra sales from Switch users, especially if they don’t have a PS4 or Xbox One.

Edited by Fuzzer1

Black Ops is one of the better CoD games, and Treyarch was one of maybe two companies that would make or port games to a Nintendo platform. Sad to hear that, but given the direction the series and all that, I'm not surprised. But then again, hearing Black Ops IIII being multiplayer only really soured me. Yes, I'm one of the few that would play it for the campaign. If this comes out as a full $59.99 game instead of maybe at a much lower price point like $14.99 Black Ops III's multiplayer only version on Steam, screw this. But I got a feeling they would, since I think the multiplayer-only PS3/360 versions came out at full price.

Edited by avalonknight
18 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Is COD still a thing? Or has it finally been replaced by those fad MMO shooters like Fortnite?

Incidentally, CoD is now imitating Fortnite/PUBG/other Battle Royale games to get its own slice of that pie.

I remember when Call of Duty 3 came to the Wii and I bought it to try and get myself into the series, but I remember controls being hard to control and it was pretty difficult. Not sure I completed the first level. Needless to say that the Wii/Nintendo wasn't the place to try Call of Duty games. Times are different, but I really don't have the urge to play the games. Never got into them. 

8 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

I remember when Call of Duty 3 came to the Wii and I bought it to try and get myself into the series, but I remember controls being hard to control and it was pretty difficult. Not sure I completed the first level. Needless to say that the Wii/Nintendo wasn't the place to try Call of Duty games. Times are different, but I really don't have the urge to play the games. Never got into them. 

I dunno about Call of Duty 3 but I heavily played every other CoD game campaign and all on Wii and they played just fine, even better considering the way shooters played using the Wii Remote. Though I didn't put as much time into MW3 as the others I still played that a lot too. 

Even so, it's a shame Activision has been gun shy (heh) with the series on Nintendo platforms the past few years.  It was pretty cool that both Wii and DS were seeing frequent releases of the games but after Black Ops 2 and Ghosts on Wii U there wasn't anything else and even the 3DS didn't see a Call of Duty game at all. Even if it were a market performance thing Switch has been a near complete reverse of the Wii U that actually saw two CoD games I believe but there hasn't even been a hint of Activision wanting to even bother doing anything with Switch.

I forgot where I read this and I don't know how much I buy it but Treyarch said if Switch owners speak up they will consider porting this latest entry to Switch.

Now the two reasons I don't buy this: one; I'm sure this was offered before and nothing came of it. Two; (and this is the most important and valid reason beyond time and money to porting to Switch) As we all know these game are developed years in advance before the next developer makes next COD title. So even with most devs known about Switch before it released worldwide and been on the market for year and change, there simply was no resources for mid way development to put on Switch. That and I think most pubs and devs thought the Switch would not light up the charts, (oh they were wrong) are now shooting themselves in the foot.

Since fall of last year I made the predilection we won't see your COD or Ass Creed not last year, not this year but the next year. At least than whatever game was being made in first year for Switch may release for next year along with the other multiplats. Honestly, we are not going see every multiplat come to Switch and I believe next year if we don't see this pattern change then they are never coming to Switch, IMO.

13 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

The first title I got on the Wii was the first Modern Warfare, and that was a great port and controlled excellently. I don't remember if the port was released before or after The Conduit, which had the recognition of having insane amounts of customization for how the point controls work, and I imagine had a good amount of influence.

Though after watching this video, I can see how playing Call of Duty 3 as a first impression can sour it. Never played it nor World at War, only those after the first Modern Warfare.

Edited by avalonknight