Mario Tennis Aces - Discussion Thread

I heard in Gameexplain review that the story mode can be completed in 3 hrs, that's probably why.

And I believe with the footage I seen with what you do to go from stage to stage beating certain number enemies, rackets and only have to set games against CPU opponents.

But I guess is how you finesse it, if can be longer but this varies on your skill level.

Also, all of the scores of this game is not complete because of the online and to most like MK, it is all about the online so. I see the scores going up by one point or so with the revised review on Friday with online update and proper environment to really test the online.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:26 AM, Eliwoodman12 said:

I must be the only one here playing this game lol.

That may be true, I just haven't had chance to get back into the game since I bought it at launch. Like I breeze through the first power stone in like 30 minutes. So I think I can take my time.  I might really finish the story in 3hrs.

So I notice a lot of people online I play against, when they serve, they hold down the R button to do the slow mo thing and aim and shoot (forget what it's called). I usually do it in the match when I am under  a star and get a shot in. But when I do it on the serve, I always get "fault." Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Most players  are able to execute this on me no problem with no fault during their serve.

12 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

So I notice a lot of people online I play against, when they serve, they hold down the R button to do the slow mo thing and aim and shoot (forget what it's called). I usually do it in the match when I am under  a star and get a shot in. But when I do it on the serve, I always get "fault." Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Most players  are able to execute this on me no problem with no fault during their serve.

I ran into the same issue and it cost me set in online demo tournament. What figured out and learned is that when every you serve and slow down, since aiming is apparent from the get-go, you automatically aim for the opponent. Remember for a serve to count is to make sure the ball hits the court before it hits the opponent. So remember that when you serve and slow-down that it automatically aims to the opponent, adjust you aim to the court so the ball bounce off to your opponent. That way you won't fault.

It's take time get down and with enough practice you'll remember the feeling. Soon you discover that serve and slow-down is more unpredictable than zone shots so because of that you chip your opponent racket instead outright breaking racket in one shot. As I said this method my take its time to break racket (if that is your intent) but this is the best way to widdle opponent racket. The usual way of one shot your opponent is great when it occurs but it is predictable not like serving and slowing down.

Hopefully that was helpful.

59 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I ran into the same issue and it cost me set in online demo tournament. What figured out and learned is that when every you serve and slow down, since aiming is apparent from the get-go, you automatically aim for the opponent. Remember for a serve to count is to make sure the ball hits the court before it hits the opponent. So remember that when you serve and slow-down that it automatically aims to the opponent, adjust you aim to the court so the ball bounce off to your opponent. That way you won't fault.

It's take time get down and with enough practice you'll remember the feeling. Soon you discover that serve and slow-down is more unpredictable than zone shots so because of that you chip your opponent racket instead outright breaking racket in one shot. As I said this method my take its time to break racket (if that is your intent) but this is the best way to widdle opponent racket. The usual way of one shot your opponent is great when it occurs but it is predictable not like serving and slowing down.

Hopefully that was helpful.

Thanks, I'll have to practice it. I remember aiming for the court though and still getting the fault message. But I am going to keep prating.

• 4 months later...