Minecraft: Better Together Update Coming To Nintendo Switch In June!

Nintendo announced today the Better Together Update that would finally bring cross-platform online play to Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch is going to be released digitally and with a physical retail release June 21! This update will also include Xbox Live achievements for the Nintendo Switch!

I am super excited for this since it will finally bridge the gap between everyone else already in on the Better Together deal and Nintendo gamers. Granted the few things I have heard about moving from Console Edition to Bedrock Edition isn't the greatest in terms of UI, menus, "annoying" micro transactions, etc., but I don't think I'll have too much trouble with the changes.

Anyone else excited to finally be able to play "better together" in Minecraft?

2 hours ago, Shulk said:

I like my simple PC version. I haven't tired a console one yet, but the concept just seems harder and limited.

Is your PC version the Java Edition or Windows 10/Bedrock Edition that is included in the Better Together version of the game?

2 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Nice to see this finally coming out

Though im still stuck with the Windows 10 version - should really get around to buying the original off the Eshop though...

You won't need the Switch version for playing with Cross-Platform players if you have Windows 10. It's already a part of the Better Together version of Minecraft. Once June rolls around and I get the update, you and I could easily play online with our respective versions of the game. No need to get the Switch version, imo.

45 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

Is your PC version the Java Edition or Windows 10/Bedrock Edition that is included in the Better Together version of the game?

You won't need the Switch version for playing with Cross-Platform players if you have Windows 10. It's already a part of the Better Together version of Minecraft. Once June rolls around and I get the update, you and I could easily play online with our respective versions of the game. No need to get the Switch version, imo.

That's true, in a sense

But the Switch version is way more portable and easier to take with you than hauling a laptop around

At least if i wanted to play on the go it would make more sense in my eyes, i can't imagine or want to haul a laptop with me everywhere just for one game - at least when i get some games i would have options, at least

19 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

That's true, in a sense

But the Switch version is way more portable and easier to take with you than hauling a laptop around

At least if i wanted to play on the go it would make more sense in my eyes, i can't imagine or want to haul a laptop with me everywhere just for one game - at least when i get some games i would have options, at least

Definitely true in that regard as well. I forgot that having a console version of Minecraft that you can easily take on the go was a major selling point for Minecraft on the Switch. I haven't exactly had much chance to use it's multiplayer beyond my own living room, but definitely can't wait to get to playing with more people whether it be local multi or cross-platform online multi.

I am really looking forward yo the aquatic update. I'm building this really cast metropolitan area of commerce inside a mountain range with glass outlooks and linking glass bridges. It would be awesome to have an Aquarium in the center!  

Ya know, that reminded me that I still 

not sure if my laptop can handle Minecraft online- haven’t exactly had the best luck with online multiplayer on my end

Still should try to get around to testing that at some point - kind of slipped my mind since I first thought of it