Nintendo to share Splatoon news that will "SHOCK THE WORLD" on June 9th?

Hmmm...Not sure what this could be. Maybe some kind of crossover or more info on the Octo-Expansion? TBH, that really wouldn't shock me. Maybe "Shock the world" is hinting at something? IDK...The only thing that I can think of that would really shock me, is if Nintendo didn't require a subscription to their online to play Splatoon 2 online. 😜 Though, Nintendo wouldn't be that stupid, especially since how popular the game is in JPN. 

1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

Ridley is playable

Wrong game :D

Electric Eels are sea creatures so....

*that's the only electrical angle I see aside from that Zap Fish comment.

I think it would be cool to get a little more variety of characters to play as that isn't based on gear.

5 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Actual guesses:

-Acceptance into some sort of Major League Gaming thing (I don't follow these so I don't know)

-An anime

-A crossover with another major franchise

-A new game mode

An anime/movie does seem the most likely, as a natural progression of the franchise's popularity in Japan (and around the world, but especially Japan). A new game mode would be interesting, though I don't remember, did they hype up Clam Blitz at all? I feel like it just kind of popped up.

• alienboyva changed the title to Nintendo to share Splatoon news that will "SHOCK THE WORLD" on June 9th?

Typical Nintendo response... 😑 Though, this makes me wonder if this could be a JPN only related announcement? In that case, if NOA or NOE was asked (not sure if NCL was they one asked), they most likely wouldn't know anything. Still, if there is indeed a big Splatoon announcement coming, were not going to hear about it until Nintendo is ready.

Edited by alienboyva

@alienboyva: I'm glad it was you that posted a update and not me. I had my doubts about this news, well more so about the shock value not that there was any new to share about Splatoon 2.

And you might be on to something AB, I surmise this supposed 'shock the world' surprise would more shock western audience as opposed to the the east. If the reverse is true may be this will more be surprise to them and appeal too.

• 4 weeks later...