Nintendo releasing Adjustable Charging Stand for Switch

$19.99MSRP*

Available July 13, 2018 

The adjustable charging stand allows the Nintendo Switch system to be charging while in Tabletop mode, enabling longer play sessions.

The angle of the stand can also be adjusted to create the best viewing angle for different environments.

Ooo...I might have to pick one of these up, since really enjoy playing in table top mode. I've found myself numerous of times just setting my Switch up on my kitchen table with its kickstand and sliding my joy-cons into the grip, when I want to play some Switch. Now I can continue playing in tabletop mode when my batt. gets low. :)  This is great for those who also want an adjustable stand. At times I've found myself wishing I could tilt my Switch back just a bit when using the kickstand. I can't help but wish they had also put an HDMI out port on this, so it can also be used as a portable dock, though I think that would have increased the cost quite a bit (given the price of the stand-alone dock).

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Nintendo releasing Adjustable Charging Stand for Switch

It's look good for the price being asked, not sure if I will pick one up though. I like to use a stand designed for the 3DS that has a little opening on the bottom which provided you to have a headset plugged in the 3DS since it was in the middle on the bottom of the system and if I need to plug the Switch in while on the stand it works perfectly. This would be a good alternative though and like I've said many times, I need a job so I can buy more games that I want.

You know, I'm not sure I've ever actually played my Switch in tabletop mode, aside from maybe once briefly just to see what it's like. This accessory does seem handy but only in specific circumstances. If it was more like a battery pack instead of a stand you have to plug in it could've been a bit more versatile.

Now see I would get this is I didn't already own the hori playstand. (I recommend it, it's a good buy) What I own is basically the above without the charging stand. I actually haven't used of late besides back during the holiday and playing ton of BotW, which was really cool and handy. If lose the playstand I have I might get this as replacement, no point in getting a similar product that allows charging