Some new Online Details for Switch came out.

Like the pricing. Pretty fair.

Only thing I don't like is this: 

As the purchaser of a Family Membership, you will need to be at least 18 years old and save your credit card or link your PayPal account to your Nintendo Account via Nintendo eShop.

That is one thing that has me going... no. Since I don't attach a credit card to any account I have or a Paypal one. The whole auto renew issue and all that. So I'd be sticking with the $20 plan and Nintendo eshop cards.

Edited by Doc Brown

I must say it, the only gripe is the use of voice chat through the Nintendo Switch Online app.

I'm not sure if this what we get for the price paid online at this price but Nintendo is not winning anyone with that setup if voice chat vital for some to most gamers nowadays.

With that out of the way, cloud saves are some but need more info in how that works. The NES (weird name to call it and confusing) is cool with the Switch share the joy capitalizing switch strengths. I didn't expect the price to change since whenever they revealed that (I think it was last fall, right?) but I didn't expect this family membership for $35 for the users on the system. Also, that each of those members can use those membership another system (welcome the 21st century, Nintendo. Didn't think they had it in them) Still I'm curious how that setup work but I'm so shocked they revealed that I almost don't care.

I think that's about it, they have some interesting stuff but that voice chat through the app, I'm one to talk about this as I don't use that for most or all games but like I said this part is gonna be a hard sell.

Thanks for the post, PB. I saw this a few minutes ago.

EDIT: I wonder if this family membership goes well for Nintendo, if Sony and Microsoft will adopt this kind membership in a year so, or they won't because this is just leaving money on the table I wonder?

Edited by DLurkster
15 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Ooooh, baby.

It's 20 smackers for a year, but for 35 you get a "Family Plan" for you and up to seven others.

So, like, hello fellow NSider family members. We are all a family. Let's exploit the system as fams do. THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE ENABLING.

I was wondering if this would be possible, because I was thinking this would be great for us regulars of our Mario Kart nights or any other Switch game nights (current or future). I have no problems paying $20, but if we could get it for only a few $ by splitting the cost of a Family Plan, then why not? If this is possible, I can see a lot of IRL/online friends doing this. Hopefully, all the users in your family plan don't have to all be on the same Switch.

13 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Hopefully, all the users in your family plan don't have to all be on the same Switch.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is probably the case. This says Nintendo Online subscriptions are per Nintendo Account, right? Because Nintendo Accounts are tied to Switch users, this would mean only the user who buys the subscription can use it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the family plan slots can only be allocated to users on the same console as the Nintendo Account holder's console.

If the family plan applies to anyone, then it'd be because Nintendo wants to encourage Switch users to get on social media and network with each other. Not unrealistic. Though in that case Nintendo could easily double the price of the family plan and still get everyone to take advantage of it... though we all know Nintendo hates money.

All we know for sure is that they've left this intentionally vague so we would speculate.

I seen this vid on my lunch but I forgot to bring my headphone with me and where I was watching was really loud and I didn't want to turn up my phone to loud with all the F-bombs he drops in his videos.

He makes valid point but it maybe too soon to completely write off what Nintendo is offering, I only say that cause we still don't know whole picture but on the other hand we wait up til now for them to tell us they are still using the Nintendo Switch Online. That there show the plans they have now are finalizing and they may be no change to these plans to much. Despite of that with what we still don't know I hope there better worded plans for Nintendo paid online.

I probably shouldn't give them benefit of the doubt but because don't know everything I gotta believe there's more story we still not seeing, that or I'm looking deep for some meaning that is not there.

Either way, we'll see if this all there is to online coming summer, I really hope we don't hear final details month of the paid online membership.

Okay, that's clear now. The accounts don't need to be on the same system after all (because that wasn't that clear to me before), all you need is the email address who going to be a part of the membership.

That's cool but how will this work for online friends in another country? Like for for example, let's say PB is the admin and I want join his membership, will I not be able to join because of the currency exchange difference, with me living in Canada?

I assume there shouldn't be issue but I guess we won't know unless someone willing try with me. Either way I'm fine for the time being just paying $20 a year.