Free Comic Book Day 2018

qV85EK2.png?1

Did anyone go to free comic book day today? If so, what did you pick-up?

Here's my haul...

Comic: Shop #1:

Spoiler

DccRESgVwAE4eMB.jpg

Free poster and figure:

DccRQPuV4AA7hn1.jpg

DccRQPxV4AE5RNe.jpg

My lil bro got a Hulk figure based on Hulk from the recent Thor Ragnarok movie.

DccSvnDX0AAn-Kw.jpg

The first comic shop I went to was selling SMB themed IRL lootboxes and they also had this sweet LoZ:WW figure...

Spoiler

DccRoQgUQAIFzIo.jpg

DccR5ZTVwAA-19N.jpg

Comic Shop #2:

Here's what I got from the 2nd comic shop. I decided to stop there since it was on the way to get lunch... 

Spoiler

DccsSqxXkAAcM6t.jpg

Also, they had a bunch of classic video games there, including a LoZ: MM gold cart (has 3D label) for $40...

Spoiler

DccsuDpX0AAaVdn.jpg

DccsuDsWkAAJuje.jpg

Edited by alienboyva

Had I gone, I would have sought out The Tick and Die Kitty Die. 

But the nearest comic book shop is quite the trek, and I just didn't have time to make said trek today. When I get my regularly scheduled comics, I'll see what leftovers they have. Given I shop at New England Comics, I fully suspect that getting The Tick will be no problem at all. Die Kitty Die I'm doubtful on. 

As for two others I'd have recommended, Strangers in Paradise XXV and Lady Mechanika. One is Terry Moore revisiting his classic, the other is Joe Benitez does steampunk. I'd just in general recommend Terry Moore - in addition to Strangers in Paradise, he's written great stuff like Echo, Rachel Rising and Motor Girl. 

My roommate went and got a decent haul and some neat merch, but I slept through it lol

On 5/5/2018 at 3:29 PM, alienboyva said:

Also, they had a bunch of classic video games there, including a LoZ: MM gold cart (has 3D label) for $40...

Are they really that much now? jesus

Edited by Pichi
16 hours ago, Pichi said:

My roommate went and got a decent haul and some neat merch, but I slept through it lol

Are they really that much now? jesus

I'm not sure how much they're going for now, but some stuff they had there seemed over priced, Like a platinum PS2 slim for $120. I kinda wanted to buy that thing and all the DDR games they had there (I F'ing love me some DDR), but not at that price.