Lost Mangroves - N4A Chat Thread, May 2018

Chrom

3 minutes ago, luca said:

a c isn't bad at all

Β 

letter grades in college honestly feel like videogame review scores where a 7 or 8 is still a sign that it's a good game but people go "WHAT NO THAT'S NOT PERFECT IT'S GARBAGE", you're either expected to get an A or i guess nothing else matters y;

Β 

Β 

I'm just annoyed because the C I got in that class was not justified. The professor was a pompous asshole and no one ever got above a B on anything because no one was ever right.

9 minutes ago, ace said:

One dickhead professor gave me a C for his class and ruined my GPA. I could've graduated with honors but NOOOOOOOO

Β 

4 A's and a C ain't too bad tho

That ain't bad at all! Hey look on the bright side, he could have given you a lower grade and made ya not graduate so at least you made it to the other side lmao.

I'm about halfway through my finals week and I swear to god once I'm free of these dead weights that are my group members in my final projects it's gonna be so fuckin freeing, I cannot wait.

2 minutes ago, ace said:

I'm just annoyed because the C I got in that class was not justified. The professor was a pompous asshole and no one ever got above a B on anything because no one was ever right.

That shit's the worst. The ones who feel like they've always gotta tell a student how they're wrong in the most minute way, and grade you down so harshly for the smallest things. I feel like you don't end up learning the material well in those situations - you just end up learning how to minimize the points reduced.

2 minutes ago, fuzz said:

That shit's the worst. The ones who feel like they've always gotta tell a student how they're wrong in the most minute way, and grade you down so harshly for the smallest things. I feel like you don't end up learning the material well in those situations - you just end up learning how to minimize the points reduced.

He was looking for reasons to fail people and bragged about doing it in the past. Fuck that guy for real.

Β 

Also, getting out is the most freeing feeling. 頑弡って!

Edited by ace
10 hours ago, fuzz said:

How's the week been treating everyone so far?Β 

ive spent countless hours playing stardew valley w my buddy and watching anime and generally being a lazy bumΒ 

Β 

work's been annoying lately but i've decided to stick it out for the long term so yolo

Β 

also how are u fuzzy-chan!!

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Pretty good so far. You?

Β 

8 hours ago, chickadee said:

ive spent countless hours playing stardew valley w my buddy and watching anime and generally being a lazy bumΒ 

Β 

work's been annoying lately but i've decided to stick it out for the long term so yolo

Β 

also how are u fuzzy-chan!!

That sounds wonderful! I'm hoping to start doing exactly the same in just a few days here lmao. I forgot the coop beta came out, how's it been so far?

Β 

And I'm doing alright! Finals week so just wrapping up the semester with a bunch of projects, most of which have ended up alright despite difficult people tryna hold me back lmao. Just a couple more days then I'm freeeeeeee

Quit my trading card shop job which was a bit of a bummer because I loved so many parts of that job, but for the best because so many decisions were just so questionable by management. I'll be starting work full time in the next couple weeks at my university though, working with the orientation for new incoming students doing advising and such so that'll be nice, plus it's a pay bump hollaaaa

Β 

Overall just fuckin done with the semester and looking forward to finally being a human being again and trying to relax a bit, haha.

1 hour ago, fuzz said:

Β 

That sounds wonderful! I'm hoping to start doing exactly the same in just a few days here lmao. I forgot the coop beta came out, how's it been so far?

Β 

And I'm doing alright! Finals week so just wrapping up the semester with a bunch of projects, most of which have ended up alright despite difficult people tryna hold me back lmao. Just a couple more days then I'm freeeeeeee

Quit my trading card shop job which was a bit of a bummer because I loved so many parts of that job, but for the best because so many decisions were just so questionable by management. I'll be starting work full time in the next couple weeks at my university though, working with the orientation for new incoming students doing advising and such so that'll be nice, plus it's a pay bump hollaaaa

Β 

Overall just fuckin done with the semester and looking forward to finally being a human being again and trying to relax a bit, haha.

its buggy affffffff but its playable; its my first real experience w stardew since i HATED the singleplayer, but so far its fun! there are a lot of questionable design choices but i think that goes for the game in general for me and not the multiplayer experience lol, would def recommendΒ 

Β 

im going thru that management issue phase rn so i feel u on that, good job on getting out while the gettin's good lol, and hey, a pay bump is always solidly a good thing so at least there's that