Lost Mangroves - N4A Chat Thread, May 2018

Chrom

14 minutes ago, chickadee said:

turns out it was def a live explosive that coulda really gone off at any moment lol

wildin

hey, now you can tell ppl you survived an actual bomb y;

@Ephraim so it turns out I'm awful at standard atm, went 0-3 for probably the first time since the year I started playing in tournaments lmao. Got a lot to learn and really need to work with the deck some more but it feels good to get back into it at least! Was able to trade for/already had most of the pieces to upgrade the deck to it's best version so that's pretty sweet too, just gotta wait for em in the mail. I've got finals this week, so as of next weekend I'll finally be back on the magic grind and will be able to talk about weekly results again haha. How are things going on your end? Delver still doing work?

Although it was yesterday, finally got my Onson anti-theft backpack and a replacement pair of shoes ordered through a second party

Both should be here on/by the 16th

The backpack will definitely be useful for out and about

Should be just in time for Community Day, too

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

Not making its own thread, but you see the rumours going around about Retro making a Star Fax RACING game?

Nintendo will truly do anything before another F-Zero lmao

15 hours ago, fuzz said:

@Ephraim so it turns out I'm awful at standard atm, went 0-3 for probably the first time since the year I started playing in tournaments lmao. Got a lot to learn and really need to work with the deck some more but it feels good to get back into it at least! Was able to trade for/already had most of the pieces to upgrade the deck to it's best version so that's pretty sweet too, just gotta wait for em in the mail. I've got finals this week, so as of next weekend I'll finally be back on the magic grind and will be able to talk about weekly results again haha. How are things going on your end? Delver still doing work?

Ouch >.< That's gotta sting, but hopefully you can pick it back up again quickly.

I'll be playing in a major open a bit under two weeks from now. Unfortunately counterspells are really not that great right now, so I switched back to TiTi/Kiln Fiend especially for it... being linear is the hot new thing right now, apparently. Plus I know it best.

Really do want to switch to something else though but not sure what, maybe the next set will bring something heh

15 hours ago, TehBrawlGuy said:

I think most of the ns2 mafia community never made the leap to Ninfora, but do any of yall know anywhere good to play nowadays?

all i know of off the top of my head is MafiaScum and it's the worrrrrst

Try https://www.mafiauniverse.com/

this is a few years old and the big new thing iirc, i haven't played mafia in years though so don't know  for myself exactly however

a c isn't bad at all

letter grades in college honestly feel like videogame review scores where a 7 or 8 is still a sign that it's a good game but people go "WHAT NO THAT'S NOT PERFECT IT'S GARBAGE", you're either expected to get an A or i guess nothing else matters y;