Enemies that are a pain in the butt

I really, really hate any kind of Whizzrobe in Breath of the Wild with a passion. Little annoying twerps that they are. Tonberries are rather annoying too (faced off against some in World of Final Fantasy and hate them). Floormasters and Wallmasters in Zelda games are a pain in the butt.

How about you guys? What enemies drive you up a wall in games?

2 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Whitney and Miltank

/Thread

Lol, but beating them is a lot of satisfaction. It's hard for me to think of enemies who have been a pain in the butt to me, as Nintendo games in general have gotten easier over the years. I'll remember the final boss in KH 1 and 2 took me a while to master.

Yea. Second time around, she wasn't nearly as hard to take out. 

Baten Kaitos Origins - The Holoholobird.  Granted it's more a midboss than an enemy but its attacks are annoying and is terribly placed after a point of no return so if your party is not strong enough you will not have a good time. I actually wonder if there are people who have started a new save file from the beginning because they got to this point at a too low a level somehow to even beat it.

Resident Evil - Hunters. I'm specifically talking about the very first game here, too.  Like, the original PS1 release. These things were a pain to deal with and there was one (maybe two) in particular that were off screen and when you walked forward enough for the camera angle to change it would sometimes be in mid air already coming down with its slash attack which almost always decapitated your character.  I never had this problem when they ported the game to the Nintendo DS which makes me wonder if my added gamer experience helped or if Capcom actually modified that part of the game to be less cheap.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Pirate Commando. These fools just sucked to fight. They seemed to be damage sponges, could do a lot of damage if you weren't careful and could phase in and out of sight.  There are ways of dealing with them somewhat easily but it doesn't make encounters with them any less troublesome, IMO.

Eternal Darkness - Horrors. Maybe it's cause I always lost my composure around this enemy a bit but it was always a struggle taking them down.

Bombs from Final Fantasy. 

The end-game bosses of Final Fantasy III. 

Anything that "stones" me in any Final Fantasy game. 

Hammer Bros. in the original Super Mario Bros. 

Slicers from Sonic 2. 

Those guys from Kirby that you cannot swallow. 

True Ogre from Tekken 3. 

The Twilight monsters from Twilight Princess.  

I think some of the buff enemies from Castle Crashers. 

EVERYTHING... MAYBE... IN POKEMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON. 

A lot of enemies in FE:SOV and FFTactics. 

Those guys who eat you in Kid Icarus and the sequels. 

The guys who get "high" from consuming Bliss in Far Cry 5. 

The final battle of M&L:PiT. 

Tabuu from Brawl. 

Final Boss of Sonic Generations. 

Some of the most obnoxious and generic low-class enemies from DB Xenoverse 1 & 2. 

The FINAL BOSS of M&L: SS... The original. I somehow did better in the remake. 

A lot of bosses in FF Brave Exvius. 

Lou in Guitar Hero III. 

Wallmasters from LoZ series. 

Polar Knight from Shovel Knight. 

The Shadow Pokemon. 

The final boss of Custom Robo. 

A good amount of bosses from Monster Hunter.  

Whitney's Miltank. 

Ultra Necrozma

from Pokemon UltraSun and Moon. 

Some of the bosses from Hyrule Warriors. 

Kid Buu from DB Fighterz. 

And every Lynel from LoZ:BOTW. 

Edited by XLW

basilisks in dark souls because curse was a bullshit instakill status that persisted beyond death (and stacked before it was patched) and you never fought basilisks unless there were forty more nearby

sentients in warframe because they're extremely strong enemies that have adaptive armor, meaning damaging them enough with your weapon will effectively render them invincible to that damage type, and early on you can't dispel this so you just better hope you have enough damage types it can't adapt to and bulldoze your way through them

endgame stratums in early etrian odyssey games were effectively battles of attrition because every enemy was this and required minmaxing to be effective at that point

Clawgrip / SMB2

--His tossing arcs along with getting what you need to head back over to him to toss it back at him.

FryGuy / SMB2

--If you screw up the mushroom block stacking his small fires are a pain.

Thunderbird / LoZII

--eats up way too much magic and his fireball bonanza gets annoying to dodge.

Bowser Jr final form / Yoshi's Island

--The egg tossing into the distance to get hits on him would tick me off to no end.

Several Bosses from Bonk 1 and 2

--Attack patterns combined with his own odd control.... I think I just didn't have the patience to wait on patterns while avoiding being hit.

_________________  / Yoshi's Island

--his continuously extending body that if you don't beat it back fast enough you get trapped.

Final Boss / Red Steel 2

--so quick, so deadly

Ghosts / Pac Man

--damn they get so fast and always seem to be at the wrong spot when you want to stay alive

Demise / LoZ SS

--He just got annoying with having to get around to get to the hit points to kill/stunt him and then you were on a pretty aggressive time constraint to get him.

RPG enemies that appear constantly in large swaths.
Any enemy that holds you in place for a brief amount of time when it hits you (this is my biggest salt inducer).
Any enemies with RNG patterns that are difficult to deal with.
Anything with awkward af timings you can't dodge in platformers or things like Mario RPGs.

14 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Clawgrip / SMB2

--His tossing arcs along with getting what you need to head back over to him to toss it back at him.

FryGuy / SMB2

--If you screw up the mushroom block stacking his small fires are a pain.

Thunderbird / LoZII

--eats up way too much magic and his fireball bonanza gets annoying to dodge.

Bowser Jr final form / Yoshi's Island

--The egg tossing into the distance to get hits on him would tick me off to no end.

Several Bosses from Bonk 1 and 2

--Attack patterns combined with his own odd control.... I think I just didn't have the patience to wait on patterns while avoiding being hit.

_________________  / Yoshi's Island

--his continuously extending body that if you don't beat it back fast enough you get trapped.

Final Boss / Red Steel 2

--so quick, so deadly

Ghosts / Pac Man

--damn they get so fast and always seem to be at the wrong spot when you want to stay alive

Demise / LoZ SS

--He just got annoying with having to get around to get to the hit points to kill/stunt him and then you were on a pretty aggressive time constraint to get him.

Damn ran into problems with Ghosts while playing Pac-Man Championship recently. Those guys are a pain in the butt.

Forgot a couple, Angry Sun and Lakitu (SMB 3). Hate those two with a passion.

On top of that, they regularly come in battles with enemies that drain your magic, enemies that do 1/3 of your health in one hit, and enemies that use status effects every turn.
All in an area called Peaceful Rest Valley.

Or as I like to call it: Perpetual Reset Victim

10 minutes ago, Pichi said:

Earthbound. When you defeat them, they explode, dealing mortal damage. But the HP meter rolls down slowly in that game, so you have to defeat them last and the battle ending will stop the damage. Even if you do that, though, it's always a huge chunk still.

Ah. Thanks. I remembered a tree guy from Kirby's Dreamland. Haven't beaten it in hard mode yet.