Nintendo Download: Ample Parking, Day or Night!

Switch_SouthParkTheFracturedButWholeStan

This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

• Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
    • South Park: The Fractured But Whole – Standard Edition – Players will once again assume the role of the New Kid. As the newest member of Coon and Friends, you must create your own superhero, build up your notoriety and use your superpowers to save South Park. Only then will Coon and Friends take their rightful place as the greatest team of superheroes ever assembled – and get the movie deal they so richly deserve. The game launches on April 24.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Activities:

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Update – New features and animals have arrived! The Fortune Cookie Shop is now open in Market Place. When you eat one of the cookies available there, you will get a random item based on the type of cookie. You can obtain fortune cookies with Bells and Leaf Tickets—some of which can be traded with Bells but some may be acquired trading in Leaf Tickets. Everyone’s favorite frequently lost seagull, Gulliver, has arrived on Sunburst Island to help you get rid of your extra furniture or clothing. Gulliver will load your extra items onto his cargo ship and when he returns you can get snacks, which you can give to your animal buddies to become better friends with them. There’s always something fun and exciting going on at the campsite. Be sure to check in frequently! Available on App Store and Google Play, the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp game is free to start and offers some optional in-app purchases.

Also new this week:

I've been playing Fractured But Whole for the past week on PS4—it's pretty great! A good follow up to the first South Park game too; I appreciate that they tried to do different things with this game. Shame I bought it so recently or I would have gone for the Switch version.

Ah, why is the Fractured ButWhole followed by the words "Standard Edition". I check the link and there's nothing indicating there's another version, then why call standalone game edition of something, implying there might another version of this game or something.

When the say standard edition, do the mean with DLC or prepare another version down the road will include the first game, like other platforms offer. I don't get why release this game on Switch and don't pull out to make first one available to. This possible, they have done this Resident Evil Revelations game and Bayonetta. So Why Nintendo and Ubisoft, why?

I have to take further look at those game on sale, I think I see something I might pick up.

If it weren't for a backlog consisting of Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, Doom and Mutant Mudds Collection that I've yet to beat (not counting XC2), I would likely pick up multiple games this week. I decided to go with Gal Gun 2 because I'm looking for something fan service heavy even if it doesn't have the most ideal art style for me with its concept. I might pick up FBW at some point depending on how soon I can work down my backlog. I'm more interested in Wild Guns Reloaded at the moment though since it offers a lot of action, less commitment than a RPG and costs half the price.

On 4/19/2018 at 3:17 PM, DLurkster said:

Ah, why is the Fractured ButWhole followed by the words "Standard Edition". I check the link and there's nothing indicating there's another version, then why call standalone game edition of something, implying there might another version of this game or something.

When the say standard edition, do the mean with DLC or prepare another version down the road will include the first game, like other platforms offer. I don't get why release this game on Switch and don't pull out to make first one available to. This possible, they have done this Resident Evil Revelations game and Bayonetta. So Why Nintendo and Ubisoft, why?

I have to take further look at those game on sale, I think I see something I might pick up.

It seems they've only just announced that there will be a Gold Edition of the game as well that includes all DLC, and it'll cost $90. Nintendo Everything has more details.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:17 PM, DLurkster said:

I don't get why release this game on Switch and don't pull out to make first one available to. This possible, they have done this Resident Evil Revelations game and Bayonetta. So Why Nintendo and Ubisoft, why?

I can only think of a couple of things: RE:R and Bayonetta already appeared on the WiiU, and maybe porting them was relatively easy. South Park: The Stick of Truth was made by a different company, Obsidian, instead of inhouse, and I think a different engine was used as opposed to Ubisoft's own Snowdrop Engine, which was also used for Mario + Rabbids and The Fractured But Whole. So maybe various differences there unfortunately didn't work out.

18 hours ago, avalonknight said:

I can only think of a couple of things: RE:R and Bayonetta already appeared on the WiiU, and maybe porting them was relatively easy. South Park: The Stick of Truth was made by a different company, Obsidian, instead of inhouse, and I think a different engine was used as opposed to Ubisoft's own Snowdrop Engine, which was also used for Mario + Rabbids and The Fractured But Whole. So maybe various differences there unfortunately didn't work out.

I should realized and remember the two games used different engines and devs, that makes sense why the first game was not port but I hope see it ported, unless it's not worth it financial wise.