2 hours ago, Pichi said:

real RIP is to the 2008-2011 years when it was thriving
we're just a buncha nerds that haven't moved on 

Maybe.

Honestly though, it's still better than some of the other places out there. Hell I keep up with vidya games far more through here than most other sites.

I believed i joined in 2008. I can't say I have many found memories like I did with the original Nsider. But it really was the best Nintendo forum to me and was a comfortable community.

I still find it somewhat hard to believe that NOA or really anywhere else developed another forum that had a big of a community as Nsider1 and 2. Suppose we don't need something like that with social media and Nintendo did have Miiverse which acted as its own community for a while. There's still a few things that I really miss such as the live chatrooms, especially with NOA staff and Camp Hyrule. Being put in virtual cabins was so unique.

Maybe it’s nostalgia on my part but NoA did seem more transparent back then compared to now, in spite of NS’s faults as a forum. I don’t know, but I couldn’t care less about NoA now. Miiverse was just an occasional doodling platform for me, rather than a community.

And there were busty Russians ads on NS2? Heh, maybe what led to its closure wasn’t all bad then.

Huh, I still had the tab open for to see when the site will die. I think it may have been a week or two ago where I seen that the page no longer loads. It only took 2+ years to finally catch hint to die.

I do agree what pichi said about the real RIP 2008-2011. NS2 was lit but it had it share of issues back then nothing perfect. My journey with NS2 began back in 2007 when I was 21 and named myself darklink2111, back before the pre-brawl hype. Took hiatus back in 2011 to 2013 where I returned and 3 years later boom, we had enough of CG shenanigans.

I have mostly great memories of NS2 but despite that, I'm glad it can truly rest in piece.

6 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Huh, I still had the tab open for to see when the site will die. I think it may have been a week or two ago where I seen that the page no longer loads. It only took 2+ years to finally catch hint to die.

I do agree what pichi said about the real RIP 2008-2011. NS2 was lit but it had it share of issues back then nothing perfect. My journey with NS2 began back in 2007 when I was 21 and named myself darklink2111, back before the pre-brawl hype. Took hiatus back in 2011 to 2013 where I returned and 3 years later boom, we had enough of CG shenanigans.

I have mostly great memories of NS2 but despite that, I'm glad it can truly rest in piece.

Were you apart of NSider 1?

NS1 was a nostalgic hellsite and the Smash boards were the cesspit of filth I rarely left.  NS2 has a special place in my heart for the people I've met, the ridiculous drama that brought other communities together, and the spectacle of a fire that led the place to burn to the ground in a schadenfreudian moment of horrific amusement.  Revisiting it was always kind of like going into an abandoned town you grew up in to look around at the vestiges of what used to be an active community you spent a lot of your time in.  A lot of the people have come and gone, moved here, or moved somewhere else.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, luca said:

NS1 was a nostalgic hellsite and the Smash boards were the cesspit of filth I rarely left.  NS2 has a special place in my heart for the people I've met, the ridiculous drama that brought other communities together, and the spectacle of a fire that led the place to burn to the ground in a schadenfreudian moment of horrific amusement.  Revisiting it was always kind of like going into an abandoned town you grew up in to look around at the vestiges of what used to be an active community you spent a lot of your time in.  A lot of the people have come and gone, moved here, or moved somewhere else.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My favorite part of the migration was when people just started creating random ass threads on different sub-forums for the lols. 

But yeah I actually visited the site a day before the official shut-down and posted one last status update.

Forgot to screenshot it though. :v

I'll never forgot that place as it was the first place I started doing reviews back in 2008. Despite the shit I got for having that horrible opinion of rating Metroid Prime like I did, I came to learn a lot of things to grow a bit. So while bad things did happen I'm thankful for the opportunity it opened for me. And for having the chance to meet people now that I call acquaintances/friends.

Edited by Kirbymeister2
On 4/15/2018 at 1:46 PM, Tyranogre said:

I agree with you on the viruses, but the Busty Russians were great.

Dats ma boi

On 4/18/2018 at 4:09 PM, Tyranogre said:

Last time I was able to login, my account still had 10 warning points from that time I posted a tumblr screenshot with the word "nigga" in it.

Said warning points were supposed to expire in February 2014. theydonothing;

...also ma boi

It's pretty weird how Ninfora is now. I can't tell if Nsider2 even in its last days gave off such a quiet vibe, or if this is natural progression.

Like yeah it's natural progression, but is it just me or have the admins really signed off of any further efforts for the site? Like I'm not at all saying they should, I just feel like Chrom and Kodiack or whatever were much more gung-ho about it all pre-migration. Now it's just a holding pattern. Feels weird.

On 4/21/2018 at 7:25 PM, Stopdoor said:

It's pretty weird how Ninfora is now. I can't tell if Nsider2 even in its last days gave off such a quiet vibe, or if this is natural progression.

Like yeah it's natural progression, but is it just me or have the admins really signed off of any further efforts for the site? Like I'm not at all saying they should, I just feel like Chrom and Kodiack or whatever were much more gung-ho about it all pre-migration. Now it's just a holding pattern. Feels weird.

What else is there to do? NS2 is dead, basically everybody who remembered NS2 existed and bothered to visit the site was informed of this place.
Forums don't really attract new users much, unless they're tied to something really popular elsewhere. It's all just people who used the Internet a lot in the 2000s and feel nostalgic. Social media, Discord, reddit, etc. all demolished this medium otherwise

Edited by Pichi
1 hour ago, Pichi said:

What else is there to do? NS2 is dead, basically everybody who remembered NS2 existed and bothered to visit the site was informed of this place.
Forums don't really attract new users much, unless they're tied to something really popular elsewhere. It's all just people who used the Internet a lot in the 2000s and feel nostalgic. Social media, Discord, reddit, etc. all demolished this medium otherwise

It's pretty much the sad truth and I'll probably make a thread about this topic eventually but yes.

I am a sports fan and decided to go to the Redsox message board forums to see other fan's reactions of how the team was doing. Turns out that the message boards are no more and that MLB wanted us to use social media sites to interact with their brands.  Can't say I blame them, and it's pretty much Nsider's problem to. Why pay for a service where you have to deal with spam and loudmouths on their own sites? In the long run it isn't worth it for a company.

Twitter is kind of a create your own forums and who you want to interact. You can follow people and build your own community that way. If you want to make a topic, you can, but you most likely not get the replies like you would in a thread like this unless you have a really good following. Otherwise you have to use the search bar to see what other people are saying and have conversations that way. I do like Twitter for a lot of reasons, but to me, forums/threads are better to me for a community. Plus you are limited to what you can say on Twitter. Here you can type paragraphs. 

I do think forums will always exist in one way or another. It's just the amount of people that are in them will continue to wind down. 

Twitter is awful for random conversations. Just look for a sports team's subreddit if anything. I don't like using it much, but that's gonna be the most forum-like discussion.
Twitter is basically for people who have a presence online. If you got a youtube channel, you do art, whatever. To keep ppl updated. You eventually use it enough and follow other ppl like that and get into random convos but i think it's worthless for topic-specific discussion. Just updates and shitposting.

Edited by Pichi
On 4/16/2018 at 3:05 AM, AxelBlaze said:

Don't worry it will fully shutdown for good. Who knows maybe Nsider2 domain goes on sale... Purchase it and have it redirect to Ninfora from now on!

I reached out to CrowdGather about buying NSider2 before and while starting Ninfora, but I didn't get any proper response. I was told to wait a short while for a reply, and then nothing.

If I were to buy NS2, I'd want both the domain(s) and the server configuration + database. I would archive the site for posterity. There's too much history there for it to succumb to being a simple redirect.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:35 PM, Pichi said:

Well shit.

That explains a lot. 

On 4/24/2018 at 1:09 AM, Pichi said:

Twitter is awful for random conversations. Just look for a sports team's subreddit if anything. I don't like using it much, but that's gonna be the most forum-like discussion.
Twitter is basically for people who have a presence online. If you got a youtube channel, you do art, whatever. To keep ppl updated. You eventually use it enough and follow other ppl like that and get into random convos but i think it's worthless for topic-specific discussion. Just updates and shitposting.

Yeah it's pretty much to promote and build your self brand. Which could be cool but meh at the same time.