5ad27a3c5e030_Lastmomentsbeforeclosing.thumb.PNG.775def349538716682712add6afc47eb.PNG

Aye, so it turns out that whatever's left of Nsider2 officially shut down for good.

I know no one really cared about the site post-migration, but it's still kind of painful to watch our former home go out with such a whimper. 

To commemorate the site I kind of wanted to use this thread as a pseudo funeral service or shrine or something, one in which we share fond memories and screenshots of Nsider2 to preserve its former existence. 

I'll start with my first ever post.

5ad279ec6480b_FirstPostsimplified.thumb.PNG.15a137f387037f4ff3d7b6e90d6d2626.PNG

It's a shame what happened to the place over time and how everything went down.  Following the closure of Nsider I was sort of floating around to different fansites that were either created or grew in popularity within its wake.  One of those was Nintendopipeline and it was there that I was contacted and told about NS2 and upon joining I realized that like 90% of those I chatted and had fun with on Nsider had migrated there so that eventually became my permanent home as I started culling some of the other sites I visited.

At least for the good times, I'll always have a soft spot for it.

For what it's worth, I seem able to view the forums just fine from my iPad, which I haven't used to browse them since before the CG uprising, and thus I'm no longer "logged in".

It's only on my computer, which I recently logged in a few days ago to archive my LP, that's having an issue accessing them.

12 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

So what exactly caused the whole mess in the first place with CG?

Site staff tried to get software updates and features for the site for many months, but CG wouldn't let us because reasons. I want to say it got to the point where staying on the software version we were on was actually a security risk.

Just now, Reilly said:

Site staff tried to get software updates and features for the site for many months, but CG wouldn't let us because reasons. I want to say it got to the point where staying on the software version we were on was actually a security risk.

Don't forget the time when the site got those really bad ads that almost gave people viruses.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.png

Fun while it lasted and was somewhat better than NS1.  The post NS1- NS2 starting era was very tough for me to find a decent Nintendo forum.  I think NWR was where I made the most headway but that whole community just didn't fit me.  I still like their news articles though.