SEGA Genesis Mini announced (2018)

During SEGA's 'SEGA Fes 2018' stream they announced that they will be releasing a Genesis (Mega Drive) mini this year!...

Nice! I'd be in depending on price, games and most importantly, this better be developed by SEGA and not At Games, Those clone/plug-and-play Genesis systems At Games released are a steaming pile of 💩. If it's not made by SEGA, I'm not going to bother. 

2 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Still makes zero sense why we got the Genesis and not the Mega Drive when it came out in the late 80s.

Becaue they we're trying to be hip and edgy when marketing the system in NA. They wanted it to be the system all the cool older kids played. 

What's wrong with the At Games clone consoles if all one wants to do is play a Genesis game?  I have a handful of Genesis games and I don't want to spend much money, so the clone console works just fine for me.  Being able to run games is good enough. 

That said, they come with lots of pack-in games as well and are compatible with the original controllers. The less money I give to Sega and the more money I give to Nintendo, the better. ;)

Edited by The Ultimate Mario Fan