EH_STEVE

Billy Mitchell gets Donkey Kong title stripped, banned from future submissions

Personally, I'm quite glad to see this happen. Never liked the guy or the way-too-close relationship he had with TG and its judges.

Just read the entire article and that's quite a bit to take in. How long had this dispute been going on if people brought it up originally that stuff like the way the screen transitions is a tell tale sign that Mitchell wasn't using legit Arcade hardware? In any case, if that's what it came down to then good on TG for cleaning things up and clearing out the deception. 

I've heard of this guy, don't know much about him. Though I've hear about this dispute so since I don't know much about the guy, I don't have opinion about title being stripped but seeing that this been gaming news for while the stripping of the title wasn't taken lightly.

However this went down, it most likely was deserved.

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2018 at 10:45 AM, Kezay said:

How long had this dispute been going on

A while, but not as long as the many months of anguish that the speedrunning community went through to see Rogers get his due

Edited by Pichi

I feel like Mitchell has been on everyone's collective shit list since King of Kong. Glad to hear this has finally been cleared up.