Spyro Reignited Trilogy releasing 9/21/18 for PS4 & XBO

Nice to see Spyro alive again outside of Skylanders, even if it's not a completely new game

I used to have an original PS1 when i was younger, so i do faintly remember playing the first one - no idea of the other two since i've never played them

So might consider giving this a whirl whenever it comes out for Switch

Though it does look pretty nice graphically, though

6 hours ago, XLW said:

Not sure about Spyro’s look just yet. 

And hopefully Copeland came back for music help. 

I'll certainly take this look over his Skylanders style at the very least.  I never got into the Spyro games much growing up.  I mean, I've played them before but not to any real, appreciable degree.  If this manages to come to Switch as well then I'm all for it.

Only played Spyro 2 of the original three, and as 90s 3D platformers go, it holds up pretty darn well. Honestly, I think the PS1 versions still look pretty good. There's a distinct aesthetic with the low-poly models, the specific color palettes they used, the draw distance effect, etc. that you lose with the transition to modern graphics. But I'm still interested to see how they reimagine these games. The core gameplay is still fun so it should be worth a look.