The Garage - N4A Chat Thread, April 2018

Chrom

1 hour ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

What are you talking about they're evil.

It's all about dogs if you ask me. 

Fight me. Dogs drool too much. :P 

Spoiler

Still love them though. Just not quite as much as cats. Kind of have a soft spot for them.

Grew up with cats. Loved their purring and the affection they give.

28 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Anyone know if it's possible to cheese the 3DS's location settings to get different Vivillon patterns in XY?

Based on what I'm hearing, you might be able to cheese it by doing a full reset of Pokemon XY. So, unless you have a spare X or Y, good luck.

The Dread Fighter class enables you to trivialize the post-game's difficulty if you repeatedly take advantage of the fact that they can always promote back into Villagers. I did this with two characters and made them Oliphantiers using the Hunter's Volley combat art from the Killer Bow and that was enough to clear the labyrinth. The overclass isn't necessary at all but the extra movement is nice.

From what I recall, my biggest mistakes in SoV were neglecting some characters and features. I ignored Silque for the first half because I had Faye as a cleric (should have made her into a Pegasus Knight instead.) I also bypassed some dungeons for some reason, until I turned tail to find a new spot for level grinding. You have to go against FE tradition and treat the game as more of an JRPG.

Most of the maps in the later half are complete misery with desert maps and poisonous swamps.