The Garage - N4A Chat Thread, April 2018

Chrom

27 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

Hi, miss Sarah! :)

Hello everyone!

Spr_2g_016.png

Spr_b_2g_019.png

I worry I might burn myself out if I play IV, V, and then X. But I'm told IV has airships or something, which may be interesting.

IV is structured radically differently than the other games in the series because instead of descending through one giant dungeon, you go to different regions that all have miniature dungeons, and then the actual "main" dungeon of the area.  So you can faff about in the overworld with things to do and it's a bit more non-linear exploration compared to the rest of the games in the series.  I'm hoping they go back to it. y;

So is it just me, or does the Archanea game make use of siege weapons (e.g. swarm, meteor, ballistas) much more than other Fire Emblem games? I remember some of the GBA ones occasionally had a siege weapon that you had to worry about, but like with archenea it's like 'okay, which of these mages are holding swarm and meteor?'

IDK, it's bothering me.

Also really happy that TIki is finally being useful! She's basically the 'there's a dragon. TIKI NUKE IT. DIVINE NUKE IT NOW.'

Edited by Princess Minerva
1 hour ago, Princess Minerva said:

So is it just me, or does the Archanea game make use of siege weapons (e.g. swarm, meteor, ballistas) much more than other Fire Emblem games? I remember some of the GBA ones occasionally had a siege weapon that you had to worry about, but like with archenea it's like 'okay, which of these mages are holding swarm and meteor?'

IDK, it's bothering me.

Also really happy that TIki is finally being useful! She's basically the 'there's a dragon. TIKI NUKE IT. DIVINE NUKE IT NOW.'

Genealogy has that, too. Fucking long-range Status staffs all day everyday. Ballisticians, too.

Binding Blade is lighter on the Ballisticians, but instead you have to deal with Michael Bolting and his buddies.

I honestly think Thracia does it more. I feel like they're in the majority of chapters past early game with the one standing out the most to me is where there's almost a dozen ballistae parked behind a giant wall that you need to break through.

Okay, so this popped up on Facebook:

image.png.e2cabf09628728812e34115a9b270f26.png

My brother says 45 - Multiply the two numbers, add the first one

I said 44 - Multiple the two numbers, add the number of the sequence - 4th problem displayed, add 4

Uncle says 34 - Add the two numbers, then add the result of previous equation

I then argued without any non-sequential equations other than the "solve this" one, that the riddle was poorly structured to draw a singular conclusion. Now I guess I'm a "sore loser"...

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

Okay, so this popped up on Facebook:

image.png.e2cabf09628728812e34115a9b270f26.png

My brother says 45 - Multiply the two numbers, add the first one

I said 44 - Multiple the two numbers, add the number of the sequence - 4th problem displayed, add 4

Uncle says 34 - Add the two numbers, then add the result of previous equation

I then argued without any non-sequential equations other than the "solve this" one, that the riddle was poorly structured to draw a singular conclusion. Now I guess I'm a "sore loser"...

you could also go with multiply the second number by the number of the sequence and then add the left number, and thus it would be 37.
none of these are incorrect lol.
it doesn't give enough information to be certain.

Edited by Pichi
1 hour ago, Pichi said:

you could also go with multiply the second number by the number of the sequence and then add the left number, and thus it would be 37.
none of these are incorrect lol.
it doesn't give enough information to be certain.

Exactly!

In my experience, most of those Facebook problems are ill-posed. The order of operations with an obelus ("division sign") are the worst offenders since the obelus isn't really used in math because it leads to ambiguities.

Basically, it's totally safe to assume most of them are there to mess with your head and probably don't have an answer.

4 minutes ago, Princess Minerva said:

In my experience, most of those Facebook problems are ill-posed. The order of operations with an obelus ("division sign") are the worst offenders since the obelus isn't really used in math because it leads to ambiguities.

Basically, it's totally safe to assume most of them are there to mess with your head and probably don't have an answer.

This was just the first one I've seen that didn't have that one necessary step-with-solution to solidify a singular answer. If they provided the answer to that last one and THEN asked "okay solve this" I'd have no issues.

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

@Youngster Joey Hey! Ltns, how are things going on your end? :) 

Things are going well over here. Work has been keeping me busy for the past 8 months. I still really like my job, but phones are the worst thing next to printers. Girlfriend and I are still happily together (now we have weekends together.) I got her into playing Path of Radiance, and it's now her favorite FE game. I've been replaying the Kingdom Hearts series. Finished 1, Re:CoM, Birth by Sleep, and I started II this past weekend. My cat is still very handsome. Probably handsome enough to be in a Final Fantasy game.

Spoiler

20180405_001756_crop_734x780-550x584.jpg.0a3ac8fcae317f7a0ac0421f7604b572.jpg

7 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

Things are going well over here. Work has been keeping me busy for the past 8 months. I still really like my job, but phones are the worst thing next to printers. Girlfriend and I are still happily together (now we have weekends together.) I got her into playing Path of Radiance, and it's now her favorite FE game. I've been replaying the Kingdom Hearts series. Finished 1, Re:CoM, Birth by Sleep, and I started II this past weekend. My cat is still very handsome. Probably handsome enough to be in a Final Fantasy game.

Hide contents

20180405_001756_crop_734x780-550x584.jpg.0a3ac8fcae317f7a0ac0421f7604b572.jpg

That's great to hear! Your kitty is very handsome! :) 

My older one passed earlier this year.