The Garage - N4A Chat Thread, April 2018

Chrom

1 minute ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

That too. 

Actually a few of my housemates next year are gonna hold some parties so there's that.

You know what? Imma download tinder. Used to think it was a crock of shit because "muh purity" or whatever. Fuck whatever that thought was. 

Hey man, some people do the whole 'only sleep with their significant other' thing and that's a perfectly acceptable world view too.

Beware of scammers.

1 minute ago, Gold said:

Hey man, some people do the whole 'only sleep with their significant other' thing and that's a perfectly acceptable world view too.

Beware of scammers.

Oh dude one of my floormates was almost scammed on a dating website.

He signed up for a $3 monthly subscription that secretly signed him up to another website that charged $48 a month. The "person" he "matched" with was waaaaay out of his league, sent him nudes the moment they connected, called him honey from the get-go, and kept asking for his credit-card information. I pointed this shit out when he wanted me to confirm whether what he was looking at was the real thing though. 

You know why he was suspicious though? Because he felt like he saw a discrepancy between two pictures showing the girl's tramp stamp. Like, dude! There are more important red flags you're missing out on ya dumbass.  

And after all that? The dude still thinks that website was better than Tinder despite its shady nature. 

1 minute ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Oh dude one of my floormates was almost scammed on a dating website.

He signed up for a $3 monthly subscription that secretly signed him up to another website that charged $48 a month. The "person" he "matched" with was waaaaay out of his league, sent him nudes the moment they connected, called him honey from the get-go, and kept asking for his credit-card information. I pointed this shit out when he wanted me to confirm whether what he was looking at was the real thing though. 

You know why he was suspicious though? Because he felt like he saw a discrepancy between two pictures showing the girl's tramp stamp. Like, dude! There are more important red flags you're missing out on ya dumbass.  

And after all that? The dude still thinks that website was better than Tinder despite its shady nature. 

Your floormate is a fucking troglodyte.

I'd say though don't go into tinder expecting it to be this thing only for hookups - if you see it that way it might be disappointing even though it has that stereotype of a hookup app. Tinder helped me after I got out of my first relationship because it was at least a way to build some confidence whenever I got a match and have some easy, lighthearted conversation with people I didn't know. A lot of the time it didn't go anywhere, but it was pretty fun to just chat with some new people and some even led to dates, which is how I met my now girlfriend of the past couple years. Tinder is fun, I'd say just try to keep it light and try to not go into it with too many expectations, and to not be discouraged if things aren't exactly what you thought.

12 minutes ago, luca said:

y'all dumb motherfuckers could've just gone to craigslist for free to solicit sex from people

or not anymore now i guess

Oh did they put the foot down on that?

1 minute ago, Gold said:

Your floormate is a fucking troglodyte.

He actually kinda contributed to my period of self-reflection in a way.  

Like, I noticed that he would reference some random piece of lore from Warhammer 40K when trying to be funny because "lol randomz". If he couldn't actively participate in a conversation he would resort to singing something in a solemn and low voice in an attempt to attract attention. He tries to give advice in an attempt to look "wise" but he ends up spewing generic shit he heard on TV. He would attempt to make jokes using a deadpan tone but would fuck it up because he's so tone deaf that he just kinda comes across as an asshole. He wants to be some eccentric "wild card" cool dude like Deadpool but he's so stiff and closed-in that he can't pull it off properly without looking pathetic. He keeps reminding people about his diabetes so much that he carries around a dog tag and shows it off like a badge of honor and thinks that's the ticket to getting laid. He stares at girls awkwardly whenever they're currently in the same social circle as a means to look seductive. One of them even told me that he creeped her out a bit. 

And then it fucking hit me.

The things about this guy that irked me are almost the exact same things I would pull out of my ass whenever I tried to be social. 

And that's when I started to self-improve and stuff. 

28 minutes ago, Gold said:

Oh did they put the foot down on that?

A lot of online sites are cracking down on personals because recent laws mean places like Craigslist can be held liable if somebody took an ad and shit hit the fan.

26 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

But if the term "men's rights activist" is associated with THOSE people, then what do we call people are legitimately concerned about men's rights?

Like, how fathers are less likely to retain custody of their children in divorce settlements?

Assholes who should waste their time doing something more important.

12 minutes ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

He actually kinda contributed to my period of self-reflection in a way.  

Like, I noticed that he would reference some random piece of lore from Warhammer 40K when trying to be funny because "lol randomz". If he couldn't actively participate in a conversation he would resort to singing something in a solemn and low voice in an attempt to attract attention. He tries to give advice in an attempt to look "wise" but he ends up spewing generic shit he heard on TV. He would attempt to make jokes using a deadpan tone but would fuck it up because he's so tone deaf that he just kinda comes across as an asshole. He wants to be some eccentric "wild card" cool dude like Deadpool but he's so stiff and closed-in that he can't pull it off properly without looking pathetic. He keeps reminding people about his diabetes so much that he carries around a dog tag and shows it off like a badge of honor and thinks that's the ticket to getting laid. He stares at girls awkwardly whenever they're currently in the same social circle as a means to look seductive. One of them even told me that he creeped her out a bit. 

And then it fucking hit me.

The things about this guy that irked me are almost the exact same things I would pull out of my ass whenever I tried to be social. 

And that's when I started to self-improve and stuff. 

Good.  It takes looking at shitty people you associate with to ask yourself what the Hell you're doing. 

I used to be an alt-right sociopathic edgelord growing up until I realized that my total lack of empathy for other people was derived from the fact that I was just projecting my frustrations of never having the ability to reach out and ask for help from other people.  So I decided to stop being a bitter and petty shit, and now I'm a nonbinary antifa supersoldier.

Edited by luca
38 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

But if the term "men's rights activist" is associated with THOSE people, then what do we call people are legitimately concerned about men's rights?

Like, how fathers are less likely to retain custody of their children in divorce settlements?

That is literally the only problem men face and it's been getting better and better in recent years, so what's your point?

25 minutes ago, Gold said:

That is literally the only problem men face and it's been getting better and better in recent years, so what's your point?

Not entirely true in the first place, either.  This myth is something perpetuated frequently and is a very situational case-by-case basis, usually lent credence a while ago by the notion that a lot of families where a parent (usually the mother) could afford to be merely a homebody while the other would be more unsuited to take care of children due to working full-time (usually the MANLY MAN OF THE HOUSE), so custody was frequently granted to the parent that actually had time to rise their children while the working parent would get burdened with child support.  Now that that's an economic pipedream at this point and generally both parents have to work, both are entitled to equal custody rights of their children.

It was a problem literally perpetuated by men having more job and financial opportunities than women had, now that women can more easily support a family financially than before, it's more reasonable to divide up custody between parents.

Edited by luca
1 hour ago, luca said:

Good.  It takes looking at shitty people you associate with to ask yourself what the Hell you're doing. 

I used to be an alt-right sociopathic edgelord growing up until I realized that my total lack of empathy for other people was derived from the fact that I was just projecting my frustrations of never having the ability to reach out and ask for help from other people.  So I decided to stop being a bitter and petty shit, and now I'm a nonbinary antifa supersoldier.

Aye, Chris-Chan also kinda helped in that regard.

Nonbinary antifa supersoldier? Sounds kinda extreme.