The Garage - N4A Chat Thread, April 2018

Chrom

1 minute ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Okay. Sick. I need an example of small stuff that isn't just fluff though. 

Ah see that's the catch 22 that always fucks me up. I don't want to end up saying something stupid or offensive despite my confidence but then if I think about that I lose my confidence and then I end up looking creepy because I come across as pathetic.

AGH JUST KILL ME PLEASE anhero;

You're in college right? Start small with something like their major. How did they get into that? Maybe they mention another state, pet, family, ect. Ask about that. How do you like living here now? Do you have pictures of the dog? Ect ect. The conversation should flow fairly naturally. These are all obviously base examples and your questions should be more tailored or in depth but it's just a starting point for you.

Fake it until you make it. You don't actually have to be confident, just don't be overtly fake/creepy.

11 minutes ago, Gold said:

You're in college right? Start small with something like their major. How did they get into that? Maybe they mention another state, pet, family, ect. Ask about that. How do you like living here now? Do you have pictures of the dog? Ect ect. The conversation should flow fairly naturally. These are all obviously base examples and your questions should be more tailored or in depth but it's just a starting point for you.

Fake it until you make it. You don't actually have to be confident, just don't be overtly fake/creepy.

Okay cool. Gotcha. Okay. I got this...I think.

Ugh tell me about it. I actually kinda realized that was one of my major issues in high school and even last semester. Was too much of a Nice Guytm if you catch my cold. Never stood out because I was always desperately trying to kiss my crush's ass like some fucking lap dog. 

The worst part about being one of those guys is exploiting a weakness you know you have to gain sympathy points or whatever. Like, for some reason I thought that because I never even kissed a girl before I was entitled to someone letting me bone them out of sheer pity. Legit I would mention this fact whenever I was around a girl I liked in the vain hope that she would just hop on my dick because of course why not, right? 

Fuck me that's manipulative and creepy as fuck. 

Edited by Sir Grim Locksmith VIII
1 minute ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Okay cool. Gotcha. Okay. I got this...I think.

Ugh tell me about it. I actually kinda realized that was one of my major issues in high school and even last semester. Was too much of a Nice Guytm if you catch my cold. Never stood out because I was always desperately trying to kiss my crush's ass like some fucking lap dog. 

The worst part about being one of those guys is exploiting a weakness you know you have to gain sympathy points or whatever. Like, for some reason I thought that because I never even kissed a girl before I was entitled to someone letting me bone them out of sheer pity. Legit I would mention this fact whenever I was around a girl I liked in the vain hope that she would just hop on my dick because of course why not, right? 

Fuck me that's manipulative and creepy as fuck. 

It's fine to be into someone and show that, but not to the point of being a lapdog.

Yeah....Uh....Don't do that. On behalf of women everywhere, don't do that.

3 minutes ago, Gold said:

It's fine to be into someone and show that, but not to the point of being a lapdog.

Yeah....Uh....Don't do that. On behalf of women everywhere, don't do that.

I know. God do I know.

You can trust me on this. I will not do that ever again. I just wanted to get this off my chest. Sorry if that was awkward or anything.

But yeah, these past two months have been a real wake-up call for me.

Just now, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

I know. God do I know.

You can trust me on this. I will not do that ever again. I just wanted to get this off my chest. Sorry if that was awkward or anything.

But yeah, these past two months have been a real wake-up call for me.

I guess it is good that at least you realize that's not good to do and you're actively not doing it anymore. Personal growth and all that shit I suppose.

Didn't you make friends in high school and stuff Grim? This should be fairly similar but with maybe more grown up topics as the base. People, even if you like them, are still people.

Just now, Gold said:

I guess it is good that at least you realize that's not good to do and you're actively not doing it anymore. Personal growth and all that shit I suppose.

Didn't you make friends in high school and stuff Grim? This should be fairly similar but with maybe more grown up topics as the base. People, even if you like them, are still people.

Aye, I did, but it was a weird situation. Like, my base friend group in Freshman year wasn't so different from me, but they happened to have friends who were friends of other friends. I was kind of just accepted despite myself. I thought at the time it was because people liked my "quirky charm", but whenever I look back the more I think it was just because no one wanted to look like an asshole, social stigma and all.

One of my closest friends was (and still is) an extreme extrovert who can see past people's shortcomings and stuff. The dude practically adopted me in Junior year, so there's that. 

That same friend also helped me grow out of my comfort zone around late Junior year/early Senior year. Like, because of him there were times where I was actually a fucking human being and not some weirdo who thought making random pop-culture references out of fucking nowhere made you cool. People were actually beginning to like me for real, or at least I think that's what happened. I know for sure that I actually became close friends with a middle-school acquaintance at the tail-end of Senior year because I dropped an annoying tendency to repeat some joke they found funny once and got real with him. 

I still sucked at socializing with girls at the time though (still do but not as badly). I mean, I was able to make friends with girls, but like, I can tell that I probably rubbed them the wrong way after awhile. And I get it; being a moody introvert who stares at people because he doesn't know what to say looks creepy as fuck. Someone who does nothing but compliment you or make unfunny jokes around you is creepy as fuck. Someone who throws a hissy fit and breaks his hand punching a wall because he doesn't know how to deal with jealousy is creepy as fuck.

Honestly I'd creep myself out if I saw that version of me in the third person.

I mean, you saw how I wrote during my days in Nsider2, right? If I wasn't milking the shit out of Fall of Cybertron because "lol randomz" or mimicking Grimlock's speech patterns, I was being oddly formal about almost everything. I was off, but because I was a kid it was hard to call me out on my bullshit. 

Just now, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

You know I've heard about this before but I never actually saw it with my own eyes.

I need to see this for myself. 

Like, that reddit there is why all women could be justified in writing the male half of our species off. No one would be able to blame them.

It's a fucking nightmare in there.

4 minutes ago, Gold said:

Like, that reddit there is why all women could be justified in writing the male half of our species off. No one would be able to blame them.

It's a fucking nightmare in there.

Holy hell mate. 

Okay I found this reddit called Incel without the Hate, but I need to see that spicy gourmet shit. 

Edit: Ah shit nevermind it's banned. Damn.

Edited by Sir Grim Locksmith VIII
2 minutes ago, Gold said:

Or you know, try a college party or tinder and save prostitution for like, plan z or something.

That too. 

Actually a few of my housemates next year are gonna hold some parties so there's that.

You know what? Imma download tinder. Used to think it was a crock of shit because "muh purity" or whatever. Fuck whatever that thought was.