The Garage - N4A Chat Thread, April 2018

Chrom

19 minutes ago, Gold said:

Can I get a copy of that?

hell yeah

Spoiler

NSider2 gothic
'The plural of amiibo is amiibo,' he chants. You're not sure if that's right, but he's very insistent. 'The plural of amiibo is amiibo,' he chants. You begin to say it too. He's usually right.

It's dark out. Others mention how dark it is out. You don't notice until its too late. It becomes a nightly ritual. Damn.

One by one, the staff drops into obscurity. You're unsure how long its been since you left, or if you were even really on staff to begin with. Someone mentions the possibility that the staff boards are not even real. You're unsure about many things.

Joey has been in character so long that no one is sure of who he really is. How long has he been on that route? No one is sure if he ages.

You wake up in a cold sweat, hearing the remnants of a song long forgotten. It used to scare you. No one knows when it was last posted, but you know it will come again. It always comes again. You lie back down, humming its tune.

'Hi Zora,' you say. You're fairly sure its not Zora. You make the mistake constantly, yet you haven't been able to tell them apart for months. You try to look into his eyes, to see if he's Iridium. He has no eyes. You still can't tell them apart.

Gold changes his username again. You reach out to him, to ask him why the change. He tells you he's not Gold. He tells you he doesn't know of a Gold around these parts. You begin to doubt having known a Gold at all. You hope another Pokemon name fad comes around.

An announcement is posted about an update. No deadline is given. You feel vaguely threatened by the looming update. The update never comes. You still feel the threat. 

NS2 gothic 2: get n2 the despair
Someone posts a 70k thread. Their name is unfamiliar, as is their typing style. You try to look up their name history. They don't have one. You congratulate them anyway. You're next. 

You post in the 'What are you listening to?' thread. Everyone posts in that thread. No conversation is made. No one takes their headphones out. Its grown to 400 pages. 

The YLYL thread reaches 500 pages overnight. All of them are Awkward Zombie comics. You meticulously look through each post for something different. You pretend to laugh at every comic, but no one hears you. Oscar locks the thread with you still inside. 

'When will my suffering end?' You ask yourself, as you post another picture of an amiibo. You're running out of room in your home. Mario leers down at you from your bookcase. You begin to sob. The picture gets 10 likes.

13 hours ago, Ephraim said:

Nice result, went 3-1 just last night myself! (beat G Tron, Infect, Abzan CoCo, lost to UW Control) Sucks that you can't play for awhile, boooooooo. Not interested in Dominaria draft (or any draft for that matter?)

Also... not getting the Red standard deck? :P

I played in the side events in GP Amsterdam last weekend! Went something along the lines of 10-7-4, which isn't too shabby; definitely misplays abound but I can deal with that. UR Delver's going quite well and I still have a fair bit of list tweaking to do, but my match win rate's definitely above 50% so that's happening at least.

Hey nice! It sounds like things have been going pretty damn well for ya as of late match win % wise! Are European GPs run by Channel Fireball as well? I'm curious - how were the entry fees and prize payout for those tournaments? I didn't ever get to play in any during the one GP I attended a few years back, but I remember them seeming expensive.

Haha and nah unfortunately not, it was being sold above MSRP at our shop. I also already had a decent number of the other cards needed to upgrade the GB one (ballista, push, blooming marsh) so it wouldn't take much to upgrade it to something fun to at least bring to standard showdown. And in terms of draft I'm more so waiting for DOM ;) I've been out of the draft game for a while since I usually work on our shop's mtg nights, but I'm likely quitting soon so maybe that'll free up some time for more magic haha.

8 hours ago, fuzz said:

Hey nice! It sounds like things have been going pretty damn well for ya as of late match win % wise! Are European GPs run by Channel Fireball as well? I'm curious - how were the entry fees and prize payout for those tournaments? I didn't ever get to play in any during the one GP I attended a few years back, but I remember them seeming expensive.

Haha and nah unfortunately not, it was being sold above MSRP at our shop. I also already had a decent number of the other cards needed to upgrade the GB one (ballista, push, blooming marsh) so it wouldn't take much to upgrade it to something fun to at least bring to standard showdown. And in terms of draft I'm more so waiting for DOM ;) I've been out of the draft game for a while since I usually work on our shop's mtg nights, but I'm likely quitting soon so maybe that'll free up some time for more magic haha.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my winrate all things considered so I'll be very happy to stay where I am. My next event is an SCG-esque open this coming May (right after exams, phew) - hoping to score at least 50% there too.

And yeah the event was run by CFB as well - entry fee was quite good (got the fnatic package for 90 euros, which covered a deckbox, playmat, and 4 promo mutavaults - ended up getting 2 booster boxes as prizes, so +EV in that respect) though the prize payout was pretty bad with overpriced (and bad) singles all around, and booster boxes otherwise. I opened an AR box and got maybe 20-25 EUR worth of stuff from it, including a single Fatal Push anhero;

Hopefully you do get to draft some DOM! I might attend the pre-release here, not sure yet.

Also I messaged you this on discord but I guess you haven't seen it, I got crushed by Merfolk last weekend - Vial, Kira and islandwalky shit makes it feel realllly bad.

Well, apparently im going to have to go through another one of my Youtube music playlists and sort things out.....again

And i just got done sorting another list out, too....

ah, well - hopefully not too much will have to be done

Also, we've been getting snow.... It's April, we should be over the snow and winter/cold by now....

What the fuck?