The Garage - N4A Chat Thread, April 2018

Chrom

2 minutes ago, KefkaFFVI said:

what was the last console you played?

i have my wii u, which i used...i wouldn't say regularly, but i love it

in a more casual sense, i've played my roommates ps4 a couple times when we were drunk, but they weren't games i loved so i dont really count that theydonothing; 

i use my pc constantly but idk if that counts either lol

1 minute ago, KefkaFFVI said:

at least with your pc you can play tales of symphonia still? Right? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

im not paying for that game Again

funnily enough, i've been thinking its about time to replay it tho! i've played through it.....3 or 4 times, i can't remember, and the last couple times i replayed it with a friend and it was really fun to do it that way flower; 

I'm embarrased to say how many times I played symphonia. I think I beat it ten times when I was like twelve. I didn't realize other rpgs existed besides symphonia and kingdom hearts please understand.

I also replayed the Kingdom Hearts series last fall. I'm safely aboard the Kingdom Hearts III hype train now. woot woot.

4 minutes ago, KefkaFFVI said:

I'm embarrased to say how many times I played symphonia. I think I beat it ten times when I was like twelve. I didn't realize other rpgs existed besides symphonia and kingdom hearts please understand.

I also replayed the Kingdom Hearts series last fall. I'm safely aboard the Kingdom Hearts III hype train now. woot woot.

i feel u, ToS was the first really MAJOR feeling RPG that i played, which is why it made such a big impact on me 

i cry every time i get to the end of it lol

20 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Who are you and what have you done with Zora?

Like, my history with kingdom hearts is super duper weird.

I got the first three games (I, CoM, and II) when the first came out because of the Disney characters. KH I and II were pretty alright. But then a few years later the Internet somehow convinced me these games were terrible, and like, there's plenty of criticism: gameplay isn't special, writing is cheesy af, the plot is way more complicated than it needs to be, in-game levels tend to be very empty, too many spin-offs, etc. But then the 1.5/2.5 collection seemed like a good enough deal at $25--plus I was on a final fantasy high; I bought it on a whim and gave the series another shot and loved it despite its very real flaws.

point is, i love cheesy af rpgs and don't send help. send more cheesy af rpgs instead.

Edited by KefkaFFVI

@Eliwood8 If it wasn't so late, Super Duper burger would have definitely been a stop. That place is amazing! My sad Jack in the Box munchie meal was a sorry consolation prize.

But yeah, to be fair they have talked in our chat about living in Oakland, but since I knew they moved recently and both worked in the city, it just didn't even occur to us when heading towards the bay that we miiiight have had the wrong city.

@KefkaFFVI I feel ya, when I lived in southern CA I'd just say I'm 'kinda close' to the bay area since that was about the only reference anyone had to where I live lol.

Also, on the subject of favorite Pixar films, I really love WALL-E, The Incredibles, Coco, and Ratatouille.

There's a lot of games I grew up playing and I still love them despite being VERY aware of their flaws now that I'm older.  Tales of Symphonia is generic anime trash but there's still something charming about the game to me to play through it like 10 times.  Eternal Sonata is cute and the battle system is interesting but good God the characters don't shut the fuck up in it.

And The Windwaker I liked a lot before realizing it's a bad 3D Zelda game theydonothing;