What was the most memorable thing for you about Super Mario Odyssey?  I had a lot of trouble thinking about this, as I feel like everything in the game has the potential for being unforgettable nostalgia.  I loved when I first arrived at the Mushroom Kingdom and the Moon, but my personal favorite memory is...

celebrating the New Donk City festival with mayor Pauline!  It was just so exciting and was an homage to all things Mario, both old and new!!  Donkey Kong is often overlooked when people celebrate the longevity of the series, and I was beside myself with joy to see Nintendo combine all of these old elements into something thrilling, joyous, and legendary.

2018_happybirthday_Mario_1280_1024.thumb.jpg.361c1c3bfc06e4209c0d465870efd1c3.jpg

Wedding Chapel end game was cool.

Ruined Kingdom was so.....

And I thought SM64, Metal Mario, and Samurai Mario costumes were super legit to have.

Opening up Peach's Castle level.

Nearly ever new enemy I tried to capture with Cappy.....  Bullet Bills, the Sphinx, and T Rex were my tops though.  Frogs get a honorable mention though.

The New Donk City festival is a pretty magical moment. The visuals, the music, the trip down memory lane for the Mario franchise—the whole sequence is probably one of the most memorable game moments of 2017, alongside moments like stepping off the Great Plateau in Breath of the Wild, avoiding Jack in the main house in Resident Evil 7, or learning the backstory of Horizon Zero Dawn.

I haven't gotten to play very much, so my fondest moment is shouting about how OF COURSE the desert has been frozen over because there's an upside-down pyramid that's also a UFO blocking off a giant underground chasm guarded by an ancient Aztec deity.

That and hunting down a rabbit prostitute in Jurassic Park have me excited but also dreading to see what more Nintendo has brewed for the new era.

Definetly the same as you, the New Donk City festival is really hard to beat. The music, the visuals and jus the lighthearted fun of the whole thing really sealed the deal. 

Other moments are spoilery so marking just in case 

The Dragon Boss, just because WHY AM I FIGHTING A FO REAL DRAGON IN MARIO? Joking aside Mario somehow managed to make one of the most absolutely cool and convincing dragons in gaming I've ever seen. The whole ruined kingdom really stuck out to me because of how "off" it felt for a Mario game. I spent the whole thing being like "what is going on?!" but in a good way.

Taking control of Bowser at the very end was also really cool. The music perfectly accented how cool of a moment that was as well. Sure, other games have given players th opportunity to play Bowser, but not quite to that degree and Mario has never been inside Bowser's mind from a story perspective in that way. So it just felt really neat that that finale of Mario was taking control of freaking Bowser and just going wild.

Edited by Igneous42
11 hours ago, Igneous42 said:

Definetly the same as you, the New Donk City festival is really hard to beat. The music, the visuals and jus the lighthearted fun of the whole thing really sealed the deal. 

Other moments are spoilery so marking just in case 

Hide contents

The Dragon Boss, just because WHY AM I FIGHTING A FO REAL DRAGON IN MARIO? Joking aside Mario somehow managed to make one of the most absolutely cool and convincing dragons in gaming I've ever seen. The whole ruined kingdom really stuck out to me because of how "off" it felt for a Mario game. I spent the whole thing being like "what is going on?!" but in a good way.

Taking control of Bowser at the very end was also really cool. The music perfectly accented how cool of a moment that was as well. Sure, other games have given players th opportunity to play Bowser, but not quite to that degree and Mario has never been inside Bowser's mind from a story perspective in that way. So it just felt really neat that that finale of Mario was taking control of freaking Bowser and just going wild.

DAMN.... good call on Bowser ......  I 2nd that.  Twas GLORIOUS!