Whatcha playing? General Edition!

Spring

Ever Oasis - Started this yesterday. Very slow beginning, but otherwise a fun game once it picks up. It's interesting to see Grezzo's first full-fledged game, and what tricks they learned from remaking OoT and MM.

WarioWare Gold - Picked this up on a whim, and as soon as I started playing, I was caught off guard for how much nostalgia I have for playing the original WarioWare. It's incredibly fun, and I'm working towards unlocking all the arcade items before I set it down.

Ocarina of Time - Going to start my annual playthrough soon. I think I'll be doing the 3-heart challenge this time around.

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix - This game is boring. I imagine when I reach the endgame, when the game finally lets me free from it's linear Hell, I'll be having fun again with the Organization XIII Data fights. Until then I'll have to power through the game at some point.

I spent a lot of time yesterday playing Overcooked 2 with my sister. We made it through world 4, replaying levels to get 3 stars on each. We'll have to finish it the next time we hang out.

Otherwise I'm just about wrapping up Octopath Traveler. At the very least I want to be completely finished with it before Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got Wii Sports Resort on Monday. I mainly got the game to experience the island flyover since I was a fan of a similar mode in Pilotwings Resort. As a Nintendo setting, I think Wuhu Island is under appreciated and really goes unnoticed. Resort also made me feel like a sucker for wanting Pilotwings Resort so much when the 3DS launched. The meat of that experience for me was the flyover and in Wii Sports Resort it's handled with a lot more content available to interact with. The Wuhu flyover is just one portion of 1 of the 12 sports available for the game, so it's a shame I've waited so long to get this game. I would love if Nintendo brought a collection like WSR to the Switch in the form of a new Resort game on Wuhu Island.

After putting a lot of time this summer into Federation Force, I have began to go back to Metroid Prime Hunters. The speed and control available in that game continues to stand out for me and puts it above other gaming experiences I've had. The feeling of being dominate in a game is an addictive feeling. I was unsure if I liked Federation Force more, but when I began getting into a rhythm with Trace connecting with Imperialist headshots those thoughts were put to rest. I think for a Metroid game to surpass Metroid Prime Hunters to me it has to offer a similar experience. I think Hunters might be the only game to consistently give me a rush when I play and it's accomplishing that at over 1700 hours total playtime.

Kingdom Hearts. As a person who’s known about the series and thought it was silly, I finally am giving it a try because I’ve played FF 1-6, sans 2, and even though I’m taking a break from that series, I thought the next best thing after playing Octopath Traveler was this. The third real sequel is coming soon, and maybe there’s magic behind something I didn’t get behind when it first came out when I grew up.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I want to keep playing Ever Oasis. It's not very interesting, both in gameplay and story. I'm about 10 hours in, so about 50% done with the main story. It's not a big investment, but time is tight these days, and there's other games I could imagine having more fun playing.

In other news, I've been playing Dragon Quest XI. I'm playing on the Draconian mode with stronger monsters, which means a lot of grinding. But I love it, the game is an absolute delight to play.

9 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

Not sure if I want to keep playing Ever Oasis. It's not very interesting, both in gameplay and story. I'm about 10 hours in, so about 50% done with the main story. It's not a big investment, but time is tight these days, and there's other games I could imagine having more fun playing.

i had a feel the game was going to be EXACTLY that, when i played the demo, which is why i didn't bother buying it 

which is kinda disappointing, it looked like it was gonna have that Fantasy Life vibe to it but based on the fact i've heard no one ever talk about it, i can only assume...its boring lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Minecraft - ah, minecraft. I finally got my server back up and running after months of port forwarding issues. Feels good to be back.
  • Pikmin 3 - now that I finally have a TV, I felt compelled to finally start this! I'm not very far, but its very pretty so far and I'm so incredibly glad it has a classic controls option, even though its not exactly how I remember it.
  • Slay the Spire - I go to this game consistently when listening to youtube stuff or music, I'm very bad but its easy and fun to zone out to without trying too hard. 
  • Age of Mythology (Extended edition) - not sure why I got such a sudden itch to replay this, but replay it I did! I finished the main campaign (on easy because I'm baby) and next I think I'll dive into the Titans expansion. I love this game! Very nostalgic for me. 

And now I'm playing the updated version for the XBOX. Jinjos and Music Notes are now forever in inventory?! Better version, in my opinion!... Even though Banjo repositions himself weirdly, there's no text-boxing skip, and my game crashed once, but to be fair, I'm playing a pre-owned version. And crashing is sometimes inevitable for some games, sadly.  

Gonna try me some Killer Instinct Reboot now. 

Pokemon Platinum: Decided to revisit this game a few months back, and I've got all 8 gym badges. But I'm trying to have 100 entries in the Pokedex before doing the Pokemon League. Doing all the capturing gives me nostalgic vibes of when I got back into the series with Diamond a decade ago, and I was spending all Summer playing the game and working with other users on Nsider2 to complete the Pokedex (never finished it.)

Dragon Warrior III: Been playing this on-and-off. Went with a Merchant/Priest/Wizard setup. So far my biggest enemy is the random encounter rate. I tend to be exhausted of resources before I even reach the boss of a dungeon. I'm thinking I'll turn my Merchant into a sage when the time comes.

I still need to play my annual playthrough of Ocarina of Time and FE Awakening this year. Aside from those, not sure what I'll try fitting into my schedule for the remainder of the year. I may try Ace Attorney 3 and picking Rune Factory 4 back up, and I want to try Metroid: Samus Returns.

Edited by Youngster Joey
  • 1 month later...