What left out Mario games need a comeback?

JMO here:

Wrecking Crew:

This game idea could really use a update to it.  The NES game I got on WiiVC was great.  I think its core mechanics could definitely be upgraded to a new game for consumption.

Yoshi's Cookie:

I found this game to be a solid puzzler but I think its SNES incarnation was a good upgrade.  A puzzle game like this ought to be brought back as an alternative to Dr. Mario for Mario puzzle game fans.

The Mario Bros. game:

I think the core concept of a straight maze/platform pattern with enemies of tarrying attacks getting dropped in and you having to kill them would make for a great budget title.  And now, with possibly introducing power ups, more kinds of varied enemies, and possibly doing more than just ice freeze slick spots to the platforms I think you could get a solid eShop title out of it.

I really liked Strikers and Sluggers. I often forget that Sluggers also got a sequel on the Wii. Would like to see new entries in those, especially with the lack of any baseball games on any system other than The Show on PS4. 

Mario Paint. I feel like they missed their mark with the Wii and Wii U. Could make for a 3DS title, but I honestly doubt they will bring that back. 

12 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

I really liked Strikers and Sluggers. I often forget that Sluggers also got a sequel on the Wii. Would like to see new entries in those, especially with the lack of any baseball games on any system other than The Show on PS4. 

Mario Paint. I feel like they missed their mark with the Wii and Wii U. Could make for a 3DS title, but I honestly doubt they will bring that back. 

In today's environment what niche would Mario Paint fill?  I think that is its own issue in coming back.

Super Mario Land needs some love BADLY!

I mean, how is it Daisy is the only character from that game being used these days when neither Tatanga nor Sarasaland and it’s four constituent kingdoms stay stuck in the late 80s?

About time we saw Daisy’s home kingdom once again, even though the game is short by today's standards.

13 hours ago, purple_beard said:

In today's environment what niche would Mario Paint fill?  I think that is its own issue in coming back.

Idk, I feel like there's a decent amount of people who picked up the Art Academy game. Sometimes people just want to doodle. I used pictochat for that a lot.