LUMINES REMASTERED | *Available Now!*

LUMINES REMASTERED  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting LUMINES REMASTERED?

• Yes!
    • I plan to, but not at launch.
    • Not sure yet.
    • Nope!
  2. 2. Which system are you getting the game on?

• Nintendo Switch
    • PS4
    • XBOX One
    • PC (Steam)
    • Not getting the game.

C83njPd.png

Site: http://luminesremastered.com

Platforms: Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Steam)

Release Date: June 26th

Price: $14.99

qem9gwV.png?1

The critically-acclaimed puzzle game produced by legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi is back! LUMINES REMASTERED is an HD remaster of the original Lumines that debuted on the PlayStation Portable in 2004. Quickly earning the top-rated PSP spot, it grew into a franchise on other platforms and selling over 2.5 million units worldwide. Relive the memories on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam (in 4K) and for the first time on a Nintendo console!

LUMINES REMASTERED beautifully marries the elements of sound, light and puzzle-action into one addictive, yet easy-to-play game. You’re at the center of the high-energy, block-dropping action while you groove to awesome house, trance and techno beats!

ZG9lXyE.png?1

Spoiler

aQ5Glhn.png?1

Spoiler

*NOA changed the thumb and title for some reason*

hiyAWIY.png?1

Spoiler

ugNggpE.jpg?1

MtdPKKg.jpg?1

Ftshe04.jpg?1

wIv5YHQ.jpg?1

nbQB0LQ.jpg?1

DPW5xvO.jpg?1

9ZR7wKZ.png?1

• Feel the sound: Play over 40 skins with electronic atmospheres from chill to upbeat.
    Shuffle skins (like a music playlist) as more are unlocked in a new Shuffle mode.
  •  Feel the rhythm: Feel the rhythm and blocks dropping from the dynamic HD Rumble of the Joy-ConTM, DualShock®4, Xbox One controllers. Choose to feel both rhythm and blocks or just the blocks.
  • Feel the vibration: Turn on Trance Vibration and sync multiple controllers to feel the bass across your body.
  • Feel the challenge: Faster tempos means less time to make combos, but slower songs can mean uncleared stacks. You’ll get hooked.
  • Feel the fun: Take the challenge to unlock all skins and avatars, play against friends in VS 2-player mode, or climb the ranks to the top of the online leaderboards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

e7JfgPw.png?1Challenge: The basic game mode in LUMINES REMASTERED.

0QMyfur.png?1 Skin Edit: You can select 10 of your favorite skins and play a single lap.

Y3aBDH5.png?1 Time Attack: Clear as many blocks as possible in 60, 180, and 300 seconds! 

PYG5F2g.png?1 Puzzle: Create images (dog, cat, etc.) using one color of the blocks and surrounding it with the other.

T9vSqHN.png?1 Mission: Clear some tricky missions within a given time limit.

exiVq5P.png  VS CPU: Challenge yourself to an AI opponent! Squeeze them out of their grid to win!

nQ2YhMC.png 2P Battle: Play against a friend and see who's the block-dropping champ!

UMZ7bno.jpg?1 U17Jmnv.png?1

Anyone looking forward to this? There seems to be quite a lot of excitement for this, especially the Switch version (Seems Enhance Games is really pushing the Switch version over the others). While I've never played LUMINES, I've been wanting to give it a shot for quite a while. I'm a love trippy/chill puzzles games like Nintendo's Art Style series and this looks to be quite the experience. I've heard that people have really loved the series in the past and especially its music. It's nice to see the series finally hitting a Nintendo system with the Switch, so I can finally give it a shot.

Edited by alienboyva
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

I need to have this physically on Switch. Its awesome its based on the first game and hope they are open to adding more skins especially from the sequel as well like Heavenly Star and Breeze as some examples.

Yeah, I really want a physical version on Switch too, but I don't think that's gonna happen. IIRC, the XBL and PSN versions on 360 and PS3 were digital only. As for the Vita version, that most likely only got a physical version, because it was a launch title. This is the type of game you'd want to always have on the Switch, so don't mind as much not having a physical version.

I'd also like to see more skins added. It'd be cool if each system got a free exclusive 1st party themed skin, like the Switch could have a Mario one or something. I really wish this was more of a best of version, with skins/modes from all the previous versions + some new ones, and not just a remake of the original game on PSP. This would be great for people like me, who never had an opportunity to give the series a shot. Though, I've heard the original on PSP is the best. :)

Also, from what I've seen, I'd kinda like to see the Vita version get ported to Switch. I just really like the look and feel of it and the music is "aww yeah! 😎" *bobs head to the beat* It seems like one of those games you play late at night with the lights off and just lose yourself in the hypnotic trance of light, sound, and music (more so this version on Vita than others). 

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to LUMINES REMASTERED (6/26)

The game has been delayed to June 26th... :( 

Damn! What a shame. I was really looking forward to getting this in May,. I have an eShop card ready and everything. Well, at least we got a release date now. I guess the least they could do is put up an demo in May.

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to LUMINES REMASTERED | *Delayed to 6/26*

Here's something interesting... Lumines Remastered pretty much owes its existence to the Switch. Creator of Lumines, Tetsuya Mizuguchi, wanted to make a game with HD rumble and thought Lumines would be a perfect fit, since he'd been wanted to bring the series to newer systems and since people loved the original game on PSP.

Link: https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/309494-hd-rumble-inspired-tetsuya-mizuguchi-to-bring-lumines-remastered

Here's hoping we can also get Rez on Switch. Though, I'm just glad Lumines is finally coming to a Nintendo system. :) 

Edited by alienboyva
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • alienboyva changed the title to LUMINES REMASTERED | *Available 6/26*

For anyone getting the game on PS4...

Here's a look at the PS4 theme...

This is pretty sweet! I wish Nintendo would give us themes on the Switch already. :(  

I've notice that Enhance Games really has a thing for Sony. Hell, the least they could have done was give people who bought the game on other platforms the soundtrack sampler as well. I already bought and pre-loaded the game on Switch and would have loved to have the sound track sampler as well. :( 

Edited by alienboyva

In the comments section of a recent PlayStation blog post the creator of Lumines, Tetsuya Mizuguchi, stated that there won't be be any skins from other Lumines games in Remastered. So, if it wasn't in the original PSP game, it won't be in Remastered.

Link: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/20/lumines-remastered-groovin-onto-ps4-june-26-free-limited-time-launch-bundle/

2Xwrd0v.png?1

While this isn't too surprising, it's still a bit disappointing. Kinda makes wish we had gottten a "best of" or an entirely new version of Lumines instead, especially since I'm new to the series. Though, people have said that the original is the best, so it's not all bad.

He also mentioned that there are no plans for a physical release...

7Csa8v6.png?1

As much as I'd love a physical version of the game, I don't really mind it being digital only. This is the type of game you'd always want on your system, especially the Switch.

Edited by alienboyva

Well crap I know its based on the first game but DLC skins shouldn't be too much of an issue heck I did buy some DLC on the X360 Lumines Live!. 

No physical release is a bummer as the first two PSP games and Vita got physical releases. Even Lumines Plus for PS2 got a physical release as well as Lumines Live! back on X360 under a compilation called Qubed which included three games E4 Every Extend Extra Extreme, Lumines Live! and Rez HD.

Apparently the game is now out everywhere in NA except Switch. I was hoping to play a little bit tonight while in bed, but I guess not. :( 

I thought this game was going to go live at 12am ET, but it didn't. According to Nintendo, it many not be up until noon PT/3pm ET at the latest. If that's the case then I'll have to wait until later this evening to play. https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12968/~/nintendo-eshop-pre-purchase-and-pre-load-faq

Danm it, NOA! I just wanted to fall asleep to that sweet music. Guess I'll have to to hit up a YT playlist. :P

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to LUMINES REMASTERED | *Available Now!*

I've been playing this all evening and it's addictive as hell! The HD rumble on Switch is awesome! It's such a unique experience playing a puzzle game where your controller vibrates to the beat of the music, let alone the rhythm. When you first feel it in the game it's like Oh!... Ooooohhhh.... OH MY! It's pretty intense. I'm really enjoying the game so far and I've already managed to complete VS CPU mode (of course I had to unlock the alien avatar). I found this mode a bit easier than I expected for a newcomer to Lumines, even though I had to retry some levels few times.

I do however have some minor complaints with the game...

1. Loads Times:

These aren't too bad, but there seem to be way too many and are in places they shouldn't be. For example when you load the avatar selection in settings. Also, I find it a bit annoying that when playing modes like Mission Mode and you want to rest quickly, you have to wait for a load screen.

2. Unlocking Skins:

I really wish there was another way to unlock skins instead of having to go through all 100 levels in Challenge Mode. They really should have improved on this for Remastered, because it's not easy that to go through all these in one sitting, let alone just survive. I've currently only been able to make it to the Shake Ya Body skin. By the time I get there, things are already getting a bit dicey and the color/texture of the blocks doesn't help my eyes see matches. Seriously, I wish there was a code or something to unlock all the skins, because I feel I may never get good enough to complete all 100 levels. Plus,  I'd mostly just play my favs. and Shuffle Mode anyway.

3. Bugs/glitches?

IDK if this is just me, but I've noticed some slowdown when clearing a lot of blocks at once and when the skin changes, while playing in handheld mode. I've also had the game crash on me once when I was load Tips/Techniques in the options menu and got this screen, which I've never seen.  *see spoiler*

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Do you have to play ON the beat like a rhythem game? Or you just play at own speed?

No, but you do need to keep the music's tempo in mind. Fast songs will clear blocks faster and make it harder to get big combos, while slow songs will clear blocks slower and be easier to get combos.