Mario Tennis Aces

Mario Tennis Aces is releasing June 28, 2018 on Nintendo Switch!  What are your impressions about the game?  Will you be buying it?  What are you looking forward to and would you like to play against anyone here?  Let's discuss Mario Tennis Aces before/after it is released this summer!

Personally, I'm really liking the new advancements to the gameplay, including trick shots and charges, but I also appreciate the purist mode as well.  This title is TOTALLY going to serve an ace!

Spoiler

SQ_NSwitch_MarioTennisAces.thumb.jpg.57171599338bc7e635f9d528356d43ab.jpg

It looks amazing based off what I've seen. I didn't get to watch the full direct yet, but just seeing some of the modes and gameplay has me excited. I easily passed on the Wii U game because I was not about to pay full price, let alone 20 bucks for that game. 

Could be a day one purchase for me. Hoping the online is good and maybe some amiibo to go along with it. Will probably see more of this game before its released in another direct, or even at E3 especially if the game is out a few weeks after. 

I'm really interested in seeing how far the game's story mode goes and who all will be appearing as bosses. The sight of Petey Piranha gives me hope for a solid boss line-up, and I hope that Petey spits up some muck onto the player's side of the court several times during that exchange. Beyond that, it looked like there may be alternate outfits in the game, so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully it's not limited to their iconic outfits and their tennis outfit. This is a post-SMO game so I'm pulling for more creativity there. For me though, Mario Tennis Aces is a purchase, being my second most anticipated game behind Super Smash Brothers for Switch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...