Mario's New Upcoming Movie

So as you all know, a Mario film is in the works.  It is being produced by Illumination Studio, the same company that made films like Despicable Me.  I was a fan of the original SMB movie, but I do hope this film stays close to the source material while also treading some new ground.  What do you hope to see in this new film?  What do you think Illumination will include?  What are your thoughts?  Will you be buying a ticket to see it?

Will be seeing this no doubt and I am excited but a tad nervous for it. Not that it would turn out like the old Mario movie, but I guess I don't want it to be too over the top kiddy, Bowser takes Peach and same rescue story that we see all the time. I would like to see a new villain or some kind of adventure that we haven't seen before. But it probably will be a rescue Peach mission.

Hoping for the best, prepared to accept it if the movie ends up being a dud. I've never been interested in Illumination's other movies, and I really don't know if this one will change that.

As far as what I'd want to see, I think it'd be nice to see something that isn't the ol' rescue Peach from Bowser scenario. Something more like Super Mario RPG where there's a different kind of threat for Mario and company to overcome. This being the first Super Mario movie in a long time though, I'm guessing they're actually going to stick pretty close to the rescue Peach plotline, even though we've had decades of that in the games.