What is your favorite Mario game?

Ciao paisanos!  Welcome to the new pad for all fellow Mario fans!  Let's kick the shell off by asking the age-old question... What is your favorite Mario game?

My favorite Mario game ever is Super Mario 64.  It was the game that introduced the world to 3D gaming and was just overflowing with so much fun!  I love the music, the gameplay, the graphics, and just about everything about it.  I've completed it more often than any other Mario game to date.

Super Mario Bros. 3 forever remains a special game in my heart and not just for Mario but any game.  But there's a lot of nostalgia tied into those reasons which makes things a bit unfair.  If anything though, following that I'd probably have to say Super Mario Galaxy.  I haven't run through the entirety of Odyssey yet because I'm so tied up in Xenoblade right now, but I plan on finishing it and just watching my brother's playthrough I can see Odyssey taking over Galaxy on that vote too.  I just want to finish it out first before making that distinction.

3 hours ago, Kezay said:

Super Mario Bros. 3 forever remains a special game in my heart and not just for Mario but any game.  But there's a lot of nostalgia tied into those reasons which makes things a bit unfair.  If anything though, following that I'd probably have to say Super Mario Galaxy.  I haven't run through the entirety of Odyssey yet because I'm so tied up in Xenoblade right now, but I plan on finishing it and just watching my brother's playthrough I can see Odyssey taking over Galaxy on that vote too.  I just want to finish it out first before making that distinction.

Same here. I love SMB 3 so much. It's just a joy to play through. As for second place, I'd go with Super Mario Land (seriously). It's a pretty hard 2D Mario game. 

1) SMB2

The only Mario game I always want to play all the way through with no warp zones.

2) SMB3

The secrets, the power ups, the map screen antics, the whole thing is just one epic adventure.

3) SMW

The interconnected map, Riding Yoshi, more "accurate" flying mechanic....

I was never totally feeling SM64....  Galaxy, 3DWorld, and Odyssey did a lot more for me in those regards.

In the line of the NSMB games only 2, because of all the cool stuff that they did with the Gold Fire Flower, and NSMBU did much for me.  NSMBU brought back the SMW vibe for the map screen that really got me.

But TUMF, is this specifically for platformers?  I mean Mario Kart has some serious games to get some top slots.

3 hours ago, purple_beard said:

1) SMB2

The only Mario game I always want to play all the way through with no warp zones.

2) SMB3

The secrets, the power ups, the map screen antics, the whole thing is just one epic adventure.

3) SMW

The interconnected map, Riding Yoshi, more "accurate" flying mechanic....

I was never totally feeling SM64....  Galaxy, 3DWorld, and Odyssey did a lot more for me in those regards.

In the line of the NSMB games only 2, because of all the cool stuff that they did with the Gold Fire Flower, and NSMBU did much for me.  NSMBU brought back the SMW vibe for the map screen that really got me.

But TUMF, is this specifically for platformers?  I mean Mario Kart has some serious games to get some top slots.

Wait, which SMB2? American or Japan?

3 hours ago, purple_beard said:

It doesn't have to be, I just think most people tend to think of the platformers when they think of their favorite Mario games.  Remember I'm not asking what is the best Mario game ever, but which is your favorite.  Even Hotel Mario would be a legitimate answer.

Just now, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

It doesn't have to be, I just think most people tend to think of the platformers when they think of their favorite Mario games.  Remember I'm not asking what is the best Mario game ever, but which is your favorite.  Even Hotel Mario would be a legitimate answer.

well then.....

super mario rpg

paper mario

mario kart 64

mario kart wii

mario maker

all get votes from me!