Sonic Mania Plus announced - Physical release, new characters, new mode

1 hour ago, XLW said:

Are they DLC too?I got Sonic Mania digitally.

Yes, they will also be DLC.

2 hours ago, InXplotch said:

they dug deep for that one, I bet.

The two characters might have some expanded relevance due to the comics.  I'm not really sure.

Both Mighty and Ray actually originated in SegaSonic the Hedgehog, but Mighty made additional appearances in a couple other games.

I bought the game and enjoyed it a lot but didn't go back and finish it. I may do that.

This physical version looks great. May have to pick it up physically. I'm a sucker for bonus content. 

I also think Sega is doing this as well to give people a refresher after Sonic Forces let them down. I would honestly like them to stick to 2D games for Sonic unless they give the Mania team a chance at a 3D Sonic.

Edited by Eliwoodman12

Considering it's the Mania team, and how much they appreciate the uniqueness of the main trio. I'm willing to bet Ray and Mighty are actually going to be pretty distinct in their play styles, and since they really don't have an established move set, Ray especially, there's a lot of wiggle room to work with.

Looking forward to this. Debating on whether or not I want to pick up a physical copy or just upgrade.

2 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

It is crazy how some people are mad that Mighty and Ray being in is ruining the trio (Sonic, Tails & Knuckles)  when both of those characters preceded Knuckles.

People love to hate for no reason. I would see legitimate concern if they added characters like Big or Shadow ( though I would like a 2D Shadow), but these guys are the early parts of Sonic's fitting. If they don't want to use those characters they don't have to or just keep the regular Sonic Mania game.