Archer Appreciation Day

In honor of the 3-13 Archer from Radiant Dawn, the 13th day of the 3rd month is dedicated to the under-appreciated Archer class from the Fire Emblem series.

However, with the ongoing success of Heroes, Nintendo seems to have lost sight of what it means to be an Archer. A lovestruck Pegasus Knight in a wedding dress? That's an Archer. A Thief in a swimsuit shooting popsicles at people? That's an Archer. A Butler dressed up like Frankenstein's Monster? That's an Archer  (and an Armor Knight, apparently).

But perhaps more distressingly, this neglect is also carrying over to other spinoff games: in Warriors, all four bow-users have the exact same moveset.

This is a problem, because in the past two "mainline" games, Archers have also served as the most prominent representation of the LGBT community. Prior to Niles and Leon, the only explicitly LGBT character was Heather from Radiant Dawn. Now, what was her class? Thief. Therefore, Nintendo equated LGBT characters with people who break the law.

Now, the entire above paragraph may have been shitposting, but the point still stands: Archers are an under-appreciated class that deserve more respect.

So, who are YOUR favorite Archers?

If you search the internet, apparently you'll find a lot of very dedicated Niles fans. But of course there is no Niles like mine.

Screenshot_20180313-195803.thumb.png.94802e84d90d4cfa5f870e2397333f42.png

I was also putting a lot of effort into a defensive Leon, complete with Obstruct, but then he was powercrept by New Year's Corrin. So now I don't see any use for Leon outside of being a crappier Lyn.

BUT IF WE COULD MEME LUTE AND DORCAS AND VERONICA INTO PLAYABLE CHARACTERS, WE CAN GET THE 3-13 ARCHER TOO. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE.

(PS: To amend the first post, the Tellius saga also has Kyza as gay/trans, and Ike, Soren, and Ranulf who are all hella fuckin gay. A search also shows that Legault, a Black Fang rando from FE7, is also bi. But he is also a thief. Apparently Nintendo thinks we're all just snatchin' D and takin' off. Maybe someone down at IS has been humped and dumped too many times and has gotten very bitter about the whole thing.)

Edited by Destiny Hero

I do have a soft spot for Wil and Rebecca, just because Blazing Blade was my first Fire Emblem game and when you're still learning the ins and outs of FE archers can be invaluable for turtling up behind stronger characters and slowly wearing down enemies.