Octopath Traveller Demo

I finally got through the entire Eldric quest that was offered in the demo version.  I gotta admit, the graphics, the music, and so far the story have this game on my must buy list.  I might try to do another file with one of the other characters as it looks like they offer you basically enough of a quest where the two could overlap the same territories.  I wonder what price point this game might hit. ... I'm feeling $50 .... the game looks way more involved than cheap eShop game..... not sure if its a full price $60 yet.... but this is based just of demo stuff.

Edited by purple_beard

I don't think it's going to be a budget title; it'll probably be a standard $60. Also some stores are taking pre-orders for the special edition at $100. Edit: Oh and the special edition is up on Best Buy now; with Gamers Club Unlocked it's only $80.

I'm sold on the game for full price though. The game's style really tickles my nostalgia for SNES RPGs.

Edited by Eliwood8
1 hour ago, Eliwood8 said:

I don't think it's going to be a budget title; it'll probably be a standard $60. Also some stores are taking pre-orders for the special edition at $100. Edit: Oh and the special edition is up on Best Buy now; with Gamers Club Unlocked it's only $80.

I'm sold on the game for full price though. The game's style really tickles my nostalgia for SNES RPGs.

Good point about them doing a CE for it so it might be a regular price game.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=octopath+traveler&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

YUP,  game @ $60, CE @ $100

Edited by purple_beard

Ok, to sum today's play through....

"Finished" Octopath Traveler Demo Primrose quest to "completion."  At this point of my play through, which includes as far as the demo will let you get with Olberic and Primrose I am totally digging this game.  The graphics and the stories are totally engrossing me for some reason.  I also like the music.

I was unable to acquire Primrose as a companion through Olberic's full travels (which I assume is that you have to beat his main foe to open up some extra travel options which will take you to the Sunshade Catacombs).  In my play through of Primrose's quest I beat her main foe and was able to travel back up to Cobbleston and hook up with Olberic and do some 2 person party game play( you have to beat her main foe to open up that travel path).

I found both character's back stories and missions to accomplish intriguing, I will say that Primrose's quest/story were a little more interesting to me but I did like Olberic's set up as well.  In terms of comparing both to each other, I found leveling up with Primrose went a lot faster based on points needed to get the next level.  It took me no time to get her up to L13.  I found here magic to be cooler than Olberic's.  Maybe I understood the battle mechanics better once I got into Primrose's quest but I like charging attacks,  timed button presses for more slashes, and how the magical attacks can work.