Switch firmware 5.0.0 coming soon? *UPDT* It's now available!

UPDATE:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A recent update to the Nintendo Switch parental controls app for iOS/Android has made mention of firmware 5.0.0 for Switch. Could we be seeing the update sometime soon? 

I just hope this update adds themes, a web browser, and Kirby profile icons. I find it odd that the Switch still doesn't have at least one Kirby icon. Well, Nintendo loves adding new profile icons when new games in one of their big franchises hits Switch and Star Allies coming out soon... So, here's hoping. khappy;

Edited by alienboyva

That sounds like a pipe dream, AB.

All I ask for in the next update is probably more Nintendo theme profile icon to be on the safe side. The extreme of that would be 3rd party profile icons.

Image ones with Crash, how weird would that be or a Dark Souls or Skyrim-Doom one.

I'd would those kind of updates but I feel the close we're to E3 and the launch Nintendo Switch Online is where we might see those kind of updates for some reason.

Edited by DLurkster
28 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Wait, huh? The update is already up? I thought this still all wishlist.

Imma check it out.

Don't hold your breath for anything. It says 5.0.0 but it might as well be 4.5. What I mentioned is basically all there is unless you care about the controller icon or parental controls.

10 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

Don't hold your breath for anything. It says 5.0.0 but it might as well be 4.5. What I mentioned is basically all there is unless you care about the controller icon or parental controls.

I like the new profile pics and I actually like the changes of the Parental Controls pin input, that's cool.

And I swear they had ARMS icons, like Twintelle seems like she always been there.

• alienboyva changed the title to Switch firmware 5.0.0 coming soon? *UPDT* It's now available!

I just recently updated my joy-cons too and coincidentally, I bought pair neon blue joy-cons and I used them for the first time yesterday (bought them March 2nd) and the left triggers and analog stick on that joy-con were's responding when touched or pushed. I thought myself 'is this joy-con sync issues from launch and hard to find neon blue joy-cons in store that I got on Amazon.ca are the one from launch. What are the odds of that?!?' The replacement are on the way to my place tomorrow, I hope these work like the one I got with my Switch in November of last year, like what the hell?!?