Mario Kart Racing Association - 2018 Season

Heading into tomorrow night's race at Bowser Castle and Rainbow Road the following Wednesday, it's all hands on deck for Delta Sarasaland as they have enough members to have separate crews for Daisy and Fuzzer for the final two races as the innagural MKRA season enters the home stretch.

"I have to be really careful tomorrow and next Wednesday," Daisy told reporters. "An 18 point gap is easy for him to overcome with a good finish and myself scoring no points at all. One bad move for me could make things interesting next Wednesday."

"The focus right now for me," Fuzzer told reporters "is to have a good race tomorrow and get even closer to Daisy's lead, or even take the top spot ouright going to Rainbow Road. Neither of us want a bad race tomorrow that would shake things up so there is lots of pressure for our crews with their pit stops. Yes she's set to be my wife but when that helmet is put on, she's my competitor and I'm not afraid to ruffle her up a bit to get what I want."

Qualifying results for Koopa Grand Prix @ Bowser's Castle Circuit:

Row 1 - Mario, Daisy, Luigi, Fuzzer

Row 2 - Yoshi, Birdo, Toad, Toadette

Row 3 - Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Koopa Troopa, Wolf

Row 4 - Fox, Peach, Krystal, Timber

Row 5 - Sonic, Zelda, Tm3, Kirby

Row 6 - Banjo, Metaknight, Gary Oak, Pit

Row 7 - King Dedede, Miles Edgeworth, Palutena, Ash Ketchum

Row 8 - Dash, DK, Bowser, Rosalina

Row 9 - Louie, Wario, Waluigi, Olimar

Row 10 - Waddle Dee, Amy Rose, Jody Summer, Phoenix Wright

DNF - Toadette, Timber, Zelda, Metaknight, Pit, Wolf, Dedede, Phoenix Wright, Palutena, Wario, Amy Rose, Waddle Dee, Peach, Mario, Toad, Captain Falcon

10:30pm - It's under the lights racing in the Valley of the Koopas...the drivers are on the circuit for the formation lap.  The circuit is made up of a heavy stone surface and features a looping, undulating course in sectors 1 and 2 followed by a long straightaway, a hairpin, then another straightaway leading to jump before crossing the start/finish line.  The weather is making its presence felt again tonight, not with rain or storms, but this time with wind...it's very windy tonight and when outside the castle the drivers will be facing 20-25 mph winds gusting to 35-40.  That could cause some drivers trouble on the jump, and unlike a lot of tracks where missing means getting wet, here...it means drowning in a sea of lava. 

Lap 1 - Lakitu is on the track for this penultimate grand prix of the season...light is green and it's time to bring the action!  And immediately after the first turn the thwomps make a mess of the field.  Toadette is mashed mushrooms, and Wolf bashes right into one of the thwomps and goes into the barricade, which causes Timber, Zelda, Metaknight, and Pit to all crash.  All 6 racers are out before they even reach sector 2.

Lap 4 - The safety car is back off the track and we're going again.  This time we have trouble at the diamond split in the road over the lava pit.  Banjo and Dedede collide, sending Dedede into the magma.  Fried penguin anyone?  Banjo meanwhile has to limp back to the pits to repair the damage. 

Lap 8 - Bowser had an inexplicably bad qualifying, but it isn't taking him long to move up through the field.  He's now inside the top 10 as it Koopa Troopa.  The top 5 drivers from qualifying are still all in the top spots as of now. 

Lap 11 - Another squish in the thwomp zone...this time its Phoenix Wright.  Can't launch an objection in 2-dimensions apparently. 

Lap 18 - The top 2 teams are dueling it out for 1st through 4th, but the Koopas have now come together, passing Yoshi and Toad to move into 5th and 6th as we approach the first pit stop. 

Lap 20 - First pit change doesn't yield much of any changes in position, but it leads to havoc on the next lap as in the diamond separation, Luigi and Fuzzer collide, sending Fuzzer dangerously close to the lava.  Both have to come in for an extra change to repair the damage.  Earlier this year, teams Amazon and Delta had their other racers drop back in the field to try to link up with their teammates and then pull each other back up through the field.  But given the head to head battle between Daisy and Fuzzer right now...what will the team orders be at Delta Sarasaland this time?

Lap 22 - Before Delta can put any plan into motion, another safety car comes out, this time for a crash at the podoboo roundabout.  Palutena came too close to the podoboos and fried her kart, and before she could get to the side of the road Wario ran into her backside, which set off a big crash that doomed Amy Rose and Waddle Dee as well. 

Lap 25 - We're back to racing, and it appears that with Fuzzer now at the back of the main field but linked up, Daisy is satisfied to go for it.  She takes the lead this lap and holds off Mario, followed by Koopa Troopa and Bowser. 

Lap 29 - Bowser uses DRS to his advantage and takes the lead from Daisy right before the race's midpoint.  This emits a huge roar from the partisan Koopa crowd.  They've waited almost the whole year for this Grand Prix and it is a packed house here. 

Lap 32 - Well now this is interesting.  Tm3 is battling with Peach near the hairpin turn in sector 3, and goes for an inside pass but Peach attempts to cover him at the last second, they collide, and Peach goes careening into the barrier.  Tm3's kart is damaged and he barely makes it over the lake jump before pitting.  Race control may look at this.

Lap 34 - Race control has decided to black flag Tm3 for dangerous driving, saying he made an illegal inside pass where there was no space.  Tm3 is irate on the race radio as he re-enters Pit Lane for his stop/go penalty.

Lap 36 - Back at the front, there's trouble as Mario and Bowser duke it out through the thwomps, and then on the podoboo roundabout, Bowser nudges Mario, putting him off enough that he goes into a podoboo and fries his kart.  This prompts massive cheers from the crowd.  Race control will undoubtedly look at this one as well but do they really have the balls to black flag Bowser on his home track?

Lap 40 - We still have no word from race control on that situation as they come to the 2nd pit stop.  2nd stop is a great one for Falcon and for Diddy and they vault into the top 5.  Jody Summer, who started way back in row 10, is now into the top 10 as well.  Bowser and Koopa Troopa currently 1-2 with Daisy in 3rd.  Fuzzer is currently running 17th...this would basically be championship over unless Fuzzer is able to pull himself back closer. 

Lap 42 - Hot damn...race control does black flag Bowser.  Oh dear...

The race is now red flagged as the Koopalings emerge on smiley force one and camp out on the start/finish line while other fans invade the track and still others toss random items onto the track.  This is ugly.  It's complete anarchy on the track at the moment.  Race control gets on the PA and tries to quell the crowd but to no avail.  In fact, Bowser parks his kart on the pit lane and starts an impromptu parade up toward race control.  Interestingly enough...Captain Falcon and Jody Summer are right there with him, and some F-Zero fans who made the trip to the valley appear to be in the crowd with them.  You think they remember the incident back at the Big Blue Grand Prix on the final lap?  Uh huh.

Ultimately Mario and Luigi make their way over to race control, and Mario asks for race control to reverse the decision, as he did not view Bowser's nudge to be anything other than a normal racing move, and that the decision is unnecessarily harsh.  Tm3 arrives and gives his agreement, as does Peach.  The decision is overturned, and within minutes the fans clear the racetrack and the marshals come out to remove the track of debris.  We'll be racing again shortly.  Current order:

1.Bowser

2.Koopa Troopa

3.Daisy

4.Captain Falcon

5.Diddy Kong

6.Fox

7.Yoshi

8.Krystal

9.Jody Summer

10.Olimar

Lap 43 - Back to green flag racing, and all are through cleanly on this lap

Lap 46 - Man what happened to DK's kart during the red flag?  He's flying up through the field!  He's now 6th after making 7 passes within the last 2 laps!

Lap 48 - A big wind gust comes up and blows Toad off course on the lake jump.  He doesn't make it and its splash city. 

Lap 50 - Now it's Miles Edgeworth making a big move, as he's into the top 10.  Fox and Krystal are hanging tough, while Luigi and Fuzzer are advancing up the field.  Can anybody catch the Koopas though?  Daisy is still third at the moment and might have the best chance at doing so.

Lap 55 - Oh my!  Captain Falcon attempts to pass Daisy going into thwomp alley, and Daisy covers him up, Falcon swerves the opposite way into Daisy's blind spot and she bangs him inadvertently.  It puts him off enough that he is squished by a thwomp.  His night is done.  Meanwhile, Daisy has a damaged front end.  That would normally mean pitting but with it so close to the end will she try to stay out instead? 

Lap 57 - The Koopas are definitely away for the win now.  KT has actually dropped off of Bowser a bit just to avoid anything crazy happening.  Fuzzer is rising up through the field, he's now 9th, while Daisy is dropping, now down in 5th with her wounded kart. 

Lap 60 - No real drama on the final lap.  It's Bowser riding home on his home track for a resounding victory, followed by Koopa Troopa in a 1-2 sweep for team Coors Koopa.  Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong were dynamite in the late going and finish 3rd and 4th.  Meanwhile, in the title chase, Daisy continues to lose ground late, getting swallowed up by 5 drivers in the final 3 laps, one of them her husband-to-be, who manages a 7th place finish.  The deficit is 15 pts going onto the final race at Rainbow Road next week. 

1.Bowser - 25 pts

2.Koopa Troopa - 20 pts

3.Diddy Kong - 18 pts

4.Donkey Kong - 15 pts

5.Fox - 12 pts

6.Krystal - 10 pts

7.Fuzzer - 9 pts

8.Yoshi - 8 pts

9.Olimar - 7 pts

10.Daisy - 6 pts

11.Luigi - 5 pts

12.Miles Edgeworth - 4 pts

13.Gary Oak - 3 pts

14.Rosalina - 2 pts

15.Birdo - 1 pt

Edited by Triforcemaster3

Front row for Daisy and I to start. Gonna be fun.

At least Daisy and I weren't smushed on lap 1.

Sounds delicious.

Stupid diamond split ruined my momentum. I'm not expecting Daisy to drop back and help me this time.

Well that helped a bit.

Now to keep picking off each driver one at a time.

Now do the race officials let Bowser go without any penalties or risk an irate criwd and a possible riot? Oh boy. But hey, one more spot gained with Mario out.

This title is over eh? Not on my watch.

Oh this gonna be fun. An irate home crowd causing havoc to other drivers is AWESOME!!!

*Delta Sarasaland team radio:*

Fuzzer: Those fans... better not... even THINK about... harming... my... FIANCEE!!!

Team manager: Calm down Fuzzer. She's not in the ugly mess at the finish line from what we can see.

Fuzzer: Sorry. Just... my fear of some asshole trying to harm my future wife is more important right now than gaining points as long as the race is stopped.

Team manager: Understood.

Daisy: I'm okay sweetie. No matter what happens between us this last part of the race and next week, I still love you.

Fuzzer: I love you too Daisy.

10 tp go guys. Crunch time for us. Gonna need some more crazy action in the front of the pack.

Oh boy. Daisy sure isn't going to quit is she? And THAT'S why I love her.

She only has 4 positionss between her and I. Gonna be fun trying to pass her.

Not a bad result. That points lead of hers got trimmed quite nicely.

Edited by Fuzzer1

In anticipation of Wendesday's Mario Galaxy GP at Rianbow Road with Fuzzer and Daisy set to determine the MKRA champion for 2018, the two took part in a promotional video at Delta Sarasaland's team shop with the MKRA trophy between the two drivers as both took turns speaking to an audience consisting of top MKRA officials and members of Delta Sarasaland both taking turns speaking about their history, where they're from and yes, their shared romance the fast few years.

Going first was Daisy, who spoke about having a normal life in the Sarasaland Royal Family and knowing she would take her rightful place on the throne as the queen, despite having been kidnapped by Tatanga almost 30 years ago. She mentioned that Sarasaland for decades was often ignored in the Mario world as everyone focused on the ever popular Mushroom Kingdom, who's infulence in the region was unquestioned and considered by all to be the "status quo" which would lead to ugly hatred lead to ugly hatred for the young ruler when she was a pitcher for the FireFkowers a few seasons ago in the NBL, culminating in her eventual departure in late 2015. She did state that thanks to her subsquent romace with Fuzzer, as well as a successful NWC campaign and being part of the team that helped kickstart the MKRA in the first place, Sarasland, as Daisy put it, "is starting to be taken seriously as a popular country for the first time in the Mario realm and the respect given, even begrudgingly, has been earned the hard way."

Fuzzer spoke afterwards about his time in the NBL with his success in the past 6 years in the league and two NWS titles with Smashville after taking them from nothing back in 2012. He also spoke about his hometown of Detroit and that city's downward spiral in the last half of the 20th Century leading to their Chapter 9 bankruptcy in 2013 and eventual reivavl that is still going on years later. Yet to him he said his greatest accomplishment was helping a princess he felt was unfairly treated like dirt for no reason and not only vowing to defend her at all costs, but would go down a path that would see then become a popular couple and are currently engaged, that being his relationship to Daisy. Fuzzer added that as an auto racing fan he easily could prove himself worthy as a possible champion in the MKRA and would bring something that Detroit, he admitted, wouldn't be able to experience with their local professional sports teams:

A championship celebration.

Both took turns praising the other for not showing an ounce of quit last week at Bowser Castle, with Fuzzer praising Daisy for getting a solid finish despite sustained damage after colliding with Captain Falcon and Daisy praising Fuzzer for racing hard without her help following his earlier collision with Luigi.

But they had to take some light hearted shots at each other first, since come Wednesday, they see themselves as competitors first, lovers second once they're on the track:

Fuzzer: Sorry Princess. Your country may have an NWC title already but this trophy that's separating us is going with me back to the Motor City, where it belongs.

Daisy: Keep talking that Fuzzer, because we all know who has that 15 point advantage with one race laft. That's right. ME! You'll be eating my dust on Wednesday night when it's over, unless you fall to space and your might ends then. Either way, Sarasaland will have another celebration to get ready for in due time.

Fuzzer: Only one way to settle this then and it's on the track.

Daisy: Indeed.

After a brief and dramatic stare down between the two, Daisy picks up an empty milk jug she brought from the castle just to make one final joke at her fuure husband.

Daisy: Oh and if you could, please pick up some milk on the way home. Ran out of it this morning.

Fuzzer: *sighs reluctantly* Fine.

*everyone laughs at the comment*

Edited by Fuzzer1

Driver Standings after 29 rounds of 30 (Koopa Grand Prix @ Bowser’s Castle) – only 1 race to go – (Mario Galaxy Grand Prix @ Rainbow Road)

1.Daisy - 293 pts (2 wins)

2.Fuzzer - 278 pts (3 wins)

3.Yoshi - 193 pts (3 wins)

4.Mario - 192 pts (1 win)

5.Peach - 189 pts (1 win)

6.Fox - 187 pts (1 win)

7.Krystal - 175 pts (2 wins)

8.Triforcemaster - 169 pts (1 win)

9.Luigi - 163 pts (1 win)  

10.Captain Falcon - 162 pts (1 win)

11.Toad - 159 pts (1 win)

12.Diddy Kong - 134 pts

13.Bowser - 120 pts (3 wins)

14.Koopa Troopa - 113 pts

15.Jody Summer - 112 pts (1 win)

16.Rosalina - 107 pts (2 wins)  

17.Banjo - 107 pts (1 win)

18.Pit - 106 pts (1 win)

19.Toadette - 106 pts

20.Kirby - 101 pts (1 win)

21.Donkey Kong - 94 pts (1 win)

22.Zelda - 92 pts

23.Phoenix Wright - 87 pts

24.Olimar - 77 pts

25.Miles Edgeworth - 75 pts (1 win)

26.Amy Rose - 67 pts (1 win)

27.Wolf - 61 pts

28.King Dedede - 61 pts

29.Timber - 60 pts

30.Metaknight - 60 pts

31.Palutena - 59 pts

32.Sonic - 47 pts

33.Gary Oak - 42 pts

34.Louie - 42 pts

35.Birdo - 36 pts

36.Wario - 35 pts

37.Waluigi - 31 pts

38.Ash Ketchum - 24 pts

39.Dash Bowman - 22 pts

40.Waddle Dee - 0 pts 

Constructor's Championship Standings:

1.Delta Sarasaland - 571 pts (5 wins)

2.CVS Fox - 362 pts (3 wins)

3.Amazon Plumber - 355 pts (2 wins)

4.Tesco Princess - 296 pts (3 wins)

5.Chevrolet Top Driver - 274 pts (2 win)

6.Fridays Fun Guys - 265 pts (1 win)

7.Sherwin Williams Hyrule - 261 pts (1 win)

8.Coors Koopa - 233 pts (3 wins)

9.Corona Islander - 229 pts (3 wins)

10.Dole Banana - 228 pts (1 win)

11.Ford Performance - 167 pts (1 win)

12.American Skyworld - 165 pts (1 win)

13.Uber Lawyer - 162 pts (1 win)

14.Kroger Popstar - 161 pts (1 win)

15.Roscosmos Cosmonaut - 119 pts

16.Petco Hedgehog - 114 pts

17.Stihl Venom - 83 pts

18.BMW Big Shot - 66 pts  

19.Target Thieves - 66 pts

20.Carrefour Dreamland - 61 pts

The stage is set for an incredible final night of the 2018 MKRA season Wednesday at Rainbow Road.  Listed above are the standings going into this final race, which as we've said before, is worth double points.  That means the winner will take home 50 points, while 40 will go to 2nd, and 36 to 3rd.  Here are the big storylines going into what could be an epic final night!

1.Daisy vs Fuzzer - This is the obvious lead story.  Team Delta Sarasaland has clinched the constructor's championship several weeks back, meaning that its going to be a mano y mano battle between Daisy and Fuzzer for the driver's championship.  Daisy leads coming in, but her lead has shrunk in recent weeks, dropping from a 31 pt edge with 4 races to go to just a 15 pt lead going into the final night.  Some would argue that Daisy has taken her foot off the gas after winning the team title, and Fuzzer has been in much better form of late.  While the Rainbow Road circuit should benefit an all-around driver with decent acceleration like Daisy, don't count out Fuzzer's ability to steal the title...were he to win, Daisy would also need to finish on the podium to deny him. 

2.The Battle for Bronze - We know Fuzzer and Daisy will finish 1-2 in some order, but who's going to finish third?  I have no idea.  Looking at the standings, you have 4 drivers, Yoshi, Mario, Peach, and Fox all within 6 points of 3rd place.  You've also got Krystal (18 pts back), and Tm3 (24 pts back) still in the mix as well should either be able to score a win Wednesday night.  This is going to be a fierce fight, with the live standings sure to be changing repeatedly as we go through the night.  At stake is getting to stand on the season driver's podium with Daisy and Fuzzer. 

3.CVS Fox vs Amazon Plumber - Here's the other battle going on involving the participants in the third place battle.  Team CVS and Team Amazon are likely to be at each other's throats from the opening green flag on Wednesday.  Only 7 pts seperates the two teams in the battle for 2nd place in the constructor's championship.  With a podium finish virtually all but assured for both teams (Tesco Princess is 4th, 59 pts behind 3rd place Amazon Plumber), Mario, Luigi, Fox, and Krystal are likely going balls to the wall, risks be darned.  It will actually be very interesting to see what happens if one of the teams is in good position in the late laps to see if that team fractures if one of their drivers is also eyeing a 3rd place finish in the driver standings.  Friends could become enemies within a lap depending on the situation.  If team Tesco is having a great night this might quell any potential backstabbing.

4.The Relegation Zone - Thanks to some strong performances lately, Teams Uber Lawyer and Kroger Popstar have firmly cemented themselves in the grid for next season.  Barring a complete disaster, teams Roscosmos Cosmonaut and Petco Hedgehog have likely done enough to stay out of the dreaded bottom 3 drop zone, but they would do well to pick up some points Wednesday to make absolutely sure.  The relegation race really involves 4 teams, Stihl Venom, BMW Big Shot, Target Thieves, and Carrefour Dreamland.  Stihl Venom has done well in recent events and has pulled themselves 17 pts clear of the drop zone, but even bottom sitting Carrefour is just 22 pts behind 17th and safety.  You're going to see some desperate racing out of these teams on Wednesday as they try to survive and make it to the grid for 2019. 

The fun gets underway just after 10pm Eastern tomorrow night from Rainbow Road Circuit.

Some analysts in the racing world have been asking themselves exactly who will replace the teams who get relegated out of the MKRA at season’s end.  There really wasnt clarity on that up until now given that there isn’t an MKRA equivalent of the NBL’s Championship League.  But today we have clarity.  The MKRA announced today that during the off-season there will be what amounts to a 4-event tryout for the 3 available spots on the grid in 2019.  

Any team that wishes to compete can do so, and will utilize MKRA standard issue karts supplied by association engine, tire, and chassis sponsors.  The 4 events will include 3 grands Prix and a battle arena, with the best performing teams winning promotion to the MKRA.  

The first race in the promotion series series is expected to take place next week, so anybody that wants in better move quickly.

Qualifying Results for Mario Galaxy Grand Prix @ Rainbow Road

Row 1 - Daisy, Fuzzer, Mario, Yoshi

Row 2 - Donkey Kong, Phoenix Wright, Luigi, Fox

Row 3 - Peach, Krystal, Olimar, Louie

Row 4 - Kirby, Zelda, Banjo, Captain Falcon

Row 5 - Toadette, Toad, Tm3, Wario

Row 6 - Koopa Troopa, Pit, Jody Summer, Ash Ketchum

Row 7 - Wolf, Dash, Amy Rose, Sonic

Row 8 - Palutena, Bowser, Rosalina, King Dedede

Row 9 - Diddy Kong, Miles Edgeworth, Timber, Metaknight

Row 10 - Gary Oak, Birdo, Waluigi, Waddle Dee

DNF - Miles Edgeworth, Diddy Kong, Pit, Kirby, Zelda, Birdo, Waddle Dee, Gary Oak, Wario, and King Dedede

10:30pm - The drivers are on the circuit for the formation lap.  This final circuit involves 10 turns, 2 jumps through space, 1 directional roundabout, and a whole lot of nerves but oddly enough no antigravity, which is strange given that we are in space for this final race.

Lap 1 - Lakitu is on the track for the final time in the 2018 MKRA season...it's green and its time to bring the action.  Daisy and Fuzzer are right at each other with Daisy cutting Fuzzer off hard into turn 1.  The racing continues as they end up taking opposite lines through the roundabout.  All drivers ultimately make it through lap 1 unscathed, which is a rarity this season.

Lap 5 - There's actually not much to report yet.  Pretty much everybody is racing in their start positions.

Lap 8 - We have our first wreck but it's not a hugely important one...Miles Edgeworth collides with Diddy Kong as the 2 came around the roundabout and didn't see one another until it was too late.  Both make it to the jump but stall out on the track afterward and have to be removed by Lakitu.  Safety car is out. 

Lap 9 - On the restart Mario gets an excellent break through the heartline (s-curve after turn 1, and blows by both Fuzzer and Daisy into the lead.  Something went right for team Amazon here as Luigi gets up into 5th place as well.

Lap 12 - Wario is moving up through the field and is now into 10th place.  If he can get some help from Waluigi down the pack that might be enough to keep team Target Thieves in the MKRA.  Team CVS Fox is now sitting right behind the Delta pair, who right now seem to be driving as a pair but you just know that won't be lasting for long. 

Lap 15 - Pit has to pull off the side of the road as his engine fails.  An unfortunate end for him.

Lap 18 - Another crash at the roundabout, as Kirby collides with Zelda.  Zelda spins around and misses the jump and goes floating out into space.  She's marooned for a while before a spaceship can reach her.  Both are done for the night.

Lap 20 - First time into the pits and this is an awful change for Mario, as one of the Amazon crew members can't get the jack unhooked from the front of Mario's kart.  He loses about 8-10 positions by the time they can get it free.  Yoshi actually gets out first into the lead, with Daisy and Fuzzer behind him, followed by Krystal, Luigi, Fox, DK, Wright, Wario, and Peach in the top 10. 

Lap 24 - King Dedede is driving like a maniac and is moving up the standings with ease.  He nearly ran Toad and Peach off the road just a little while ago and has his sights set on a big finish.  Not to be outdone, Wolf and Dash are racing as a tandem and are now both in the top 15.  The relegation race is really heating up now.

Lap 27 - Yoshi definitely has the advantage in the race for third as he has the lead.  Mario and Peach are both just outside the top 10 at the moment while Fox is running 5th.  It's going to be a tight call between CVS Fox and Amazon Plumber as it stands. 

Lap 30 - Fuzzer finds a way to overtake Daisy to move into 2nd place on the roundabout.  He's got the points he would need to win, but Daisy would need to lose position yet for him to claim the title. 

Lap 34 - Big moment in the race for 3rd and for 2nd place in the constructor's title race as Fox gets passed by Wright, who uses DRS on the start/finish straight to get by, and Fox comes back after him on the big sweeping turn 3, but gets his line wrong and locks up, causing Donkey Kong to run into him from behind.  Both karts are damaged and limp back to the pits for repair.   

Lap 36 - Birdo's power unit fails...switch off the car, season over.

Lap 40 - 2nd time into the pits and this is simply amazing as 5 cars stay out on the track!  Fox and Donkey Kong, who were just in the pits 5 laps ago, stay out, but so does Waddle Dee, Gary Oak, and Waluigi.  Fox and DK might be hoping that their fuel can last until the end, while the other 3 were way back in the pack, figured they had nothing to lose and are hoping for a crash.  This is something else folks.  Meanwhile in the main pack all the key teams had good changes, though notably Peach was able to leapfrog Luigi, Daisy, and Fuzzer out of the pits.  She's now right behind Yoshi.  The big question now for the racers running for third place in the drivers standings is will Fox's fuel make it? 

Lap 43 - Everybody is racing balls out right now, except for Fox and Donkey Kong, who are driving slower in an effort to conserve fuel.  The main field is catching up on them now.  Waluigi, Waddle Dee, and Gary Oak are pushing it hard, and Waddle Dee ends up badly misjudging the approach into turn 9, and goes flying into the barricade, bouncing kart pieces across the track.  Safety car is out! 

Lap 45 - the stragglers who didn't pit are now diving into the pits, except for Fox, who seems content to stay out, seemingly confident that his fuel can get him to the end.

Lap 46 - Back to green flag racing.  Fox leads, with Phoenix Wright and Fuzzer running 2nd and third.  Behind them are Peach, Yoshi, Luigi, Krystal, Daisy, Wario, King Dedede, Captain Falcon, and Wolf

Lap 48 - Wolf and Dash's team approach has both drivers in the top 12 right now.  That should be enough to keep them up, unless if King Dedede or Wario finish on the podium.  They are trying their darndest, but getting by the top contenders is going to be a challenge.   

Lap 51 - Fox continues to lead, and further back Wario and Dedede are going absolutely balls out.  They pass Krystal and Daisy.  Fuzzer moves past Wright into 2nd while Daisy is now 8th.  This would give Fuzzer the championship as it stands. 

Lap 52 - Gary Oak's braking unit fails coming out of turn 3 and he crashes into the central pillar of the roundabout.  This is surely the end for team BMW Big Shot.  Safety car is out once again...but not for long as the race is red flagged by race control in order to clear the track of debris. 

Lap 53 - Back onto green flag racing now, 8 laps to go, and it looks like Wario and Dedede are just taking every risk imaginable.  Peach, Yoshi, and Luigi all cede position to their crazy antics.  Wolf and Dash have got to be fearing the worst now, although there's a chance they could be bailed out by a crash.  Wario and Dedede are now 4th and 5th behind Fox, Fuzzer, and Daisy, who unlike her fellow racers is not willing to concede an inch to the crazy over-aggressive pair.

Lap 55 - Fox must be concerned about fuel, as he now falls behind Fuzzer pretty easily (you're not allowed to do anything to the car under a red flag).  Fuzzer leads but Daisy is right behind him.  Wario and Dedede are nipping at her heels though, if she drops off the podium Fuzzer will take home the title. 

Lap 57 - Oh my goodness...this might be the move of the year and destruction for two teams!  Daisy gets around the roundabout but is forced inside as Wario tries to pass on the outside green booster stripe, while Dedede comes flying in from the opposite side of the roundabout.  Daisy sees this and immediately hits the brakes, avoiding a collision, while Wario never saw him coming and swerved inward.  Massive collision between the two and they are out.  Daisy and others are slowed by the crash and the safety car is out yet again. 

Lap 58 - As Wario and Dedede throw haymakers at one another on pit lane, the field is single file once again for the sprint to the finish. 

Lap 59 - Green flag is out and its a dead sprint around the track.  Luigi gets an excellent start and passes three cars from turn 1 to turn 3 to get up into 3rd place.  Yoshi and Peach are 5th and 6th, Fox one spot ahead of them in 4th.  Krystal is 2 spots ahead of Mario.  And in the front, Fuzzer leads, and it appears that Daisy is conceding him the victory, but is much more concerned with what's behind her.  The white flag drops as they approach the start finish straightaway...

...Lap 60 - Fuzzer cruises ahead, victory all but assured.  Daisy endures attacks from Luigi, Peach, Fox, and Yoshi as all four are desperate to gain position any way they can.  But Daisy once again holds her nerve, and does not yield position, basically daring one of them to risk a collision but nobody does.  In the end its Delta Sarasaland finishing 1 and 2, with Luigi hanging on for 3rd.  In the final straightaway, Peach pushes extremely hard and gets DRS and pulls even with Yoshi on the line...it's a photo finish for 4th and this will determine 3rd place in the driver standings!  Further back, Krystal has a problem!  Her power unit shorts out on turn 8 and she limps around the big sweeping turn 9 and onto the final straightaway, getting passed by many drivers including Mario.  She makes it home but only in 13th place, which is enough to give the 2nd place constructors title to Amazon Plumber.

After review of the tape, it is clear that Peach managed to nip Yoshi just on the line for 4th place, meaning Peach will finish in 3rd place and stand on the driver's season podium along with Daisy and Fuzzer. n

Final Results:

1.Fuzzer - 50 pts

2.Daisy - 40 pts

3.Luigi - 36 pts

4.Peach - 30 pts

5.Yoshi - 24 pts

6.Fox - 20 pts

7.Phoenix Wright - 18 pts

8.Waluigi - 16 pts

9.Wolf - 14 pts

10.Mario - 12 pts

11.Dash - 10 pts

12.Olimar - 8 pts

13.Krystal - 6 pts

14.Donkey Kong - 4 pts

15.Toad - 2 pts

Oh how fitting. Daisy and I on the front row starting 1-2. Here we go.

Well I'm right behind Daisy which is a perfect spot to be in case she has a problem. And I'm not going to intentionally wreck her. I'm not THAT desperate.

Well if Daisy is trying to stay in front of me so I can't pass her even if karts go passing by, it's working sadly. Just got to wait for a good chance to get by her.

Great stops for both of us. Kinda feel bad for Mario though...

Focus Fuzzer. You still need to beat Daisy and you have plenty of time.

Now to stay focused and hope that Daisy has some problems.

That sucks for those two.

Well that stinks for her.

Last race this season so why not throw caution to the wind? Those folks made some gutsy calls.

X

Daisy isn't in that grouo at the restart. No worries. Focus. Just focus.

9 to go. Keep hitting those marks flawlessly Fuzzer. You've got this if you don't screw up.

All right, red flag is out. Time to decompress a bit and regroup mentally. What a shame for BMW Big Shot though.

Good news is I'm leading. Bad news is if Daisy gets third she wins the title. Someone has to pass her soon.

Kinda smart for her to slam on the brakes to avoid getting crunched by two heavyweights. And Wario and Dedede are in an epic brawl too.

And we now know which teams are NOT racing next year.

Got the 4th win but I think Daisy won the title. I could be wrong though.

Nah. I calculated the numbers. Daisy is the champion and she earned it the hard way.

Edited by Fuzzer1

Final MKRA 2018 Driver Standings:

1.Daisy - 333 pts (2 wins)

2.Fuzzer - 328 pts (4 wins)

3.Peach - 219 pts (1 win)

4.Yoshi - 217 pts (3 wins)

5.Mario - 212 pts (1 win)

6.Fox - 207 pts (1 win)

7.Luigi - 199 pts (1 win)  

8.Krystal - 181 pts (2 wins)

9.Triforcemaster - 169 pts (1 win)

10.Captain Falcon - 162 pts (1 win)

11.Toad - 161 pts (1 win)

12.Diddy Kong - 134 pts

13.Bowser - 120 pts (3 wins)

14.Koopa Troopa - 113 pts

15.Jody Summer - 112 pts (1 win)

16.Rosalina - 107 pts (2 wins)  

17.Banjo - 107 pts (1 win)

18.Pit - 106 pts (1 win)

19.Toadette - 106 pts

20.Phoenix Wright - 105 pts

21.Kirby - 101 pts (1 win)

22.Donkey Kong - 98 pts (1 win)

23.Zelda - 92 pts

24.Olimar - 85 pts

25.Miles Edgeworth - 75 pts (1 win)

26.Wolf - 75 pts

27.Amy Rose - 67 pts (1 win)

28.King Dedede - 61 pts

29.Timber - 60 pts

30.Metaknight - 60 pts

31.Palutena - 59 pts

32.Sonic - 47 pts

33.Waluigi - 47 pts

34.Gary Oak - 42 pts

35.Louie - 42 pts

36.Birdo - 36 pts

37.Wario - 35 pts

38.Dash Bowman - 32 pts

39.Ash Ketchum - 24 pts

40.Waddle Dee - 0 pts 

Constructor's Championship Final Standings:

1.Delta Sarasaland - 661 pts (6 wins)

2.Amazon Plumber - 403 pts (2 wins)

3.CVS Fox - 388 pts (3 wins)

4.Tesco Princess - 326 pts (3 wins)

5.Chevrolet Top Driver - 274 pts (2 win)

6.Fridays Fun Guys - 267 pts (1 win)

7.Sherwin Williams Hyrule - 261 pts (1 win)

8.Corona Islander - 253 pts (3 wins)

9.Coors Koopa - 233 pts (3 wins)

10.Dole Banana - 232 pts (1 win)

11.Uber Lawyer - 180 pts (1 win)

12.Ford Performance - 167 pts (1 win)

13.American Skyworld - 165 pts (1 win)

14.Kroger Popstar - 161 pts (1 win)

15.Roscosmos Cosmonaut - 127 pts

16.Petco Hedgehog - 114 pts

17.Stihl Venom - 107 pts

18.Target Thieves - 82 pts

19.BMW Big Shot - 66 pts  

20.Carrefour Dreamland - 61 pts

There are multiple victory celebrations on this night.  First, Fuzzer, Daisy, and Luigi stand on the podium and receive their gold, silver, and bronze rainbow trophies for their finishes on the night.  Then the team podium is performed, with Daisy and Fuzzer standing together on top and winning the golden team trophy.  Mario and Luigi are awarded the silver team trophy, while Fox and Krystal raise high the bronze team trophy.  And lastly, the top drivers for the season come forth.  Daisy stands tall once again, taking home the gold driver trophy, Fuzzer taking home silver, and Peach taking home bronze. 

Fuzzer standing amongst the princesses again...how appropriate.  The celebrations on this night stretch from Sarasaland to Corneria to Mushroom Kingdom, perhaps also to places like Venom too as they know their team is safe for next season.  It was a stirring finale to be sure.  Attention now turns to see which new teams might get to join this party in 2019...

Asked by reporters if he was upset he didn't win the title, Fuzzer said:

"Not at all. What we saw with Daisy was a determined driver doing everything right to earn that title with Daisy's crazy blocking. If you have several drivers coming at you and you keep them all at bay then you deserve the MKRA title and Daisy did just that."

He was asked on what it was like to stand amongst the other two prominent Mario princesses and said it was only appropriate.

"I am a chick magnet around the two girls and it's only fitting to have finished between Daisy and Peach in the final standings. And yes I did get plenty of kisses from both so no need to ask that question guys.

*all laugh*

Oh and about one of those two? Daisy? Yeah, I still have the ultimate prize and that is getting ready to marry her. I wouldn't have it any other way."

On the first day of the MKRA offseason, we had our first big developments of the period:

We’ve had a merger of sorts between teams Kroger Popstar and Carrefour Dreamland.  Metaknight and Waddle Dee won’t be returning to the MKRA next season, meaning that King Dedede will move into Metaknight’s chair as the 2nd seat on team Kroger Popstar, which has been renamed team Krogefour Popstar.

Team Target Thieves and team BMW Big Shot have been dumped out.  BMW has stated that they are interested in sponsoring one of the newly promoted teams for next season, while Target has said that they are unlikely to do so.

It was an epic celebration of sorts for Delta Sarasaland today as the team celebrated their impressive accomplishments this past seasons with 6 victories combined between Fuzzer and Daisy, the constructors title AND the drivers championship won Hy Daisy.

"Our investment in this team has paid off in spades for us," CEO Ed Bastian told reporters. "To be able to accomplish what we did in our first full season is impressive and we look forward to continuing the support for years to come."

Daisy wasn't just getting congratulations for her title win though as the execs from Delta also congratulated her engagement to Fuzzer that happened in July following Sarasaland's NWC title.

"Getting ready for next year can wait until January," the team principle told reporters. "For now, let's be proud of what we accomplished this season and worry about 2019 later on."

As the engine supplier of the now defunct Target Theives, Honda has announced it will also sponsor one of the three new teams that emerge from the upcoming MKRA promotion series joining factory sponsored teams by Chevy, Ford and BMW.

No word yet on who will be the third sponsor for 2019.

Update: Hertz Rent-A-Car has announced it will enter the MKRA and be the third sponsor for the three new teams that will take part in the 2019 MKRA season.

Edited by Fuzzer1

I found 6x the number of the teams that we need for the MKRA... 18 to be precise. I checked data on any vehicle experience from all of the NBL players, and can say with confidence here are my choices of who could be in the next season.  

X and Zero (Mega Man X series)

Samus Aran and Federation Trooper (Metroid series)

Mrs. Incredible and Hiro Hamada (Disney series)

Heavy Rider and Dr. Eggman (Sonic series)

Villager and Isabelle (Animal Crossing series)

Pearl and Callie (Splatoon series)

Fiora and Elma (Xenoblade series)

BOTW Link and Riju (Zelda series)

Rachel and Andy (Advance Wars series)

Terra Branford and Locke Cole (Final Fantasy series)

Poe Dameron and Han Solo (Star Wars series)

New Donker and Pauline (Mario series)

King Boo and Petey Piranha (Mario series)

Hawk and Lark (Pilotwings series)

Akari Hayami and Mac Fraser (Racing games: 1080 Snowboarding, Wave Race, and SSX respectively)

Iron Man and Star-Lord (Marvel series)

Android 18 and Krillin (Dragon Ball series)

James Bond and Alec Trevelyan (Rare series) 

If you need any clarification on any of these choices, please post below. There's another team that I would have liked for them to be a participant, but their NBL team isn't official yet till next year. You know what I'm talking about.