Games you wish they made

Based on previously established rumours/speculation/ideas, what are some dream sequels or games you wish were made but never came to (yet)

A couple of mine:

A proper Secret of Mana sequel. I'm talking a 3-player RPG like Secret of Mana and SD3. With online support so casting spells and opening your menu doesn't bring the action to a screeching halt.

Super Mario RPG 2. Look, I like the Paper Mario games and all, but I want a proper sequel to this game without the paper visuals and 2-people teams.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles sequel. Basically something of an MMORPG for this. Keep the miasma and chalice gimmick (but have a moogle always carry it and a bigger "Safe zone"). I want to be able to create my own character and home on the outskirt of a hub town, where I can join other actual people in bigger caravans to go get myrrh drops for my town. Have it so if people don't bring enough drops for a given town in a certain time frame that the game will actually wipe it out and have it needed to be "reclaimed" then a cooldown period where the NPCs "rebuild" it. Make it a community effort to keep the world alive, but your character can town-hop and caravan-hop to progress the story. Or you can just play it questing-style, rolling with different caravans just getting better equipment and growing your character and its different classes. Each person would get a Moogle and Chalice, the more that travel together, the bigger the safe-zone. So you could wander around and see other caravans out in the field and join up with them, or play solo.

MegaMan Legends 3

There are a few dream games I have. Most are sequels to series that I think still have some potential. Kid Icarus 4. Pokemon Snap 2. Sin and Punishment 3. Solatorobo 2. Metroid Dread.

Aside from straightforward sequels, I've been pretty vocal about my desire to see a Kirby 3D platformer in the vein of Super Mario 64. I would love for Inti Creates to give the Blaster Master Zero treatment to my favorite NES game, The Guardian Legend. I also think an F-Zero game that actually has Captain Falcon doing bounty hunter stuff would be rad. And a Shadows of the Empire remake that fixes the broken single-stick controls of the N64 original. 

You know what? I'm an easy man to please. Just give me a proper Warioland 5 without any motion controls. 

10 hours ago, WING-X said:

A sequel to Mega man ZX since there was a secret ending to mega man ZX advent. The video is on youtube if you want to see it. 

10 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

There are a few dream games I have. Most are sequels to series that I think still have some potential. Kid Icarus 4. Pokemon Snap 2. Sin and Punishment 3. Solatorobo 2. Metroid Dread.

I could definitely get behind these.

I would sacrifice my stylus controls for Metroid Prime Hunters for an enhanced port on the Nintendo Switch. I have wanted to see the game with updated visuals for a while, especially after seeing HD mock-ups for some of the locations, and would love to take advantage of the Switch's media features to really show more of the game off. With Miiverse now gone, it's not as easy to get screenshots for the game and being able to record gameplay without fiddling with my smartphone and a stand would be incredible to me.

4 hours ago, IU said:

I would sacrifice my stylus controls for Metroid Prime Hunters for an enhanced port on the Nintendo Switch. I have wanted to see the game with updated visuals for a while, especially after seeing HD mock-ups for some of the locations, and would love to take advantage of the Switch's media features to really show more of the game off. With Miiverse now gone, it's not as easy to get screenshots for the game and being able to record gameplay without fiddling with my smartphone and a stand would be incredible to me.

Heck yeah, man. I remember having such a good time with this game. So many hours playing online. It would be a great way to get people jazzed to see Sylux in Prime 4, too. 

If it meant you could play it online again, I would entertain MPH being ported, since I didn’t really get to experience the online back then due to my crappy internet at the time.

Certainly better idea than Federation Force being ported to the Switch, which at least a few people want to happen for some reason from what I saw on twitter.

Prime trilogy HD remaster for Switch would be an obvious choice too in prelude to MP4, or to have whenever.

Edited by Ridley Prime

Going off your Crystal Chronicles suggestion I hoped that the version of FF:CC they showed during one of the Wii's showcase trailers would end up actually being made.  Yeah, we got a really weird port of Echoes of Time from DS and The Crystal Bearers which was an interesting departure of sorts, but always wanted to see what would have become of the game they initially revealed in that preview reel.

Also, would be nice to see what the original concept for Xenoblade Chronicles X would have been if they didn't decide to have a central online element and player avatar partway through development.  There's a lot in the artbook that came with the special edition that seems was cut because of the change which is a big reason why many want to see a sequel to that game along with the cliffhanger among other things

Other than that, it would be kind of neat to have an MMO based on XCX.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:46 AM, Cryptic said:

Banjo-Threeie
Conker's Other Bad Day
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn sequel
Elite Beat Agents 2
Mire Mare

I guess that  XBOX Conker wasn't a sequel but a remaster of the original?

A TRUE Super Mario RPG 2

A 16bit remaster of LoZ and LoZ II: Link's Adventure ala Super Mario All Stars treatment.

Neutopia 3 -- I loved the first two I played via Wii's VC TG16 titles.

Edited by purple_beard

Super Mario 64 2, Super Mario Sunshine 2 (because Super Mario Moonshine wouldn't be a good idea), Super Mario Galaxy 3, Super Mario 2D Land, Super Mario Land 4, Super Mario RPG 2, Mario & Luigi 6, Mario Paint Reloaded or at least Mario Paint 64, Super Mario Fantasy, Super Mario Football, Super Mario Spikers, Mario's Wacky Worlds, VB Mario Land (this cancellation was really tragic :(), Mario Takes America, Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 (WITHOUT Minis!), Mario Party 11, Super Mario 128, etc.

Also, we have Super Mario Odyssey so now we need Super Mario Iliad. ;)

On 14.3.2018 at 1:19 AM, Cryptic said:

My understanding is that, yeah, it was a remaster, except not as good because they censored more of the dialogue.

The funny part is they had to censor it in order to maintain the M rating.