Nintendo Direct 03.08.2018 - 2:00PM PT - 5:00PM ET

Direct tomorrow 'nuff said' but this airs just as I'm leaving work and it takes 20 minutes to gets home from work so I'll just wait till I'm settle at home to watch and catch up.

I suspect there would be direct this month as there wasn't one last year with it being the launch month for Switch. I think most expected one but never got but we did get one the next following month. So if we're going to get another direct it won't be for early or late May for the DKCTF port and spring and release of Switch and 3DS games.

As for what I want to see, not expect because we do not the status of this game. What's happening Fire Emblem Switch, it is still coming out 2018? I'm sure it is but we haven't heard a peep since FE direct last January, right? So where this game at. I'll think of other think I expect or see at this direct but that game is on my mind with my playthrough of FE: warriors on Switch. I'm having a great time with that game.

1 minute ago, Dancing Mog said:

I'm just going to keep my expectations low so I am not too disappointed.

Very wise to do that.

17 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

If we already know the headliner is Mario Tennis, then hopefully the Nintendo community won't hype this up to the extreme like they did last time.

Still won't stop the most hyped for no reason but I'm glad they put that headliner. I'm still look forward to that game tho.

What I'm hoping for:

-Themes for Switch (custom wallpapers would be nice too)

- Web browser

- Cytus II announced for Switch (from the makers of VOEZ & DEEMO, which are already on Switch)

- More media apps for Switch (YouTube, Crunchyroll, Netflix)

- Organize our Switch home screen. (folders/arrange game icons. Things get a bit cluttered, especially when physical game icons stay on the home screen when removed from the system. 

Crazy, ramdom, out of left field protection:

- Kid Icarus: Uprising Switch port 

Nintendo loves porting games to Switch and if we're not going to get a sequel (I so hope Sakurai is working on a sequel), then port it to Switch, so we can have better controls. This game is so good (voice acting, music, multiplayer, etc.), but I feel the controls on 3DS turned off a lot of people to what is a absolutely fantastic game.  

Edited by alienboyva

March seems like a weird time to announce a brand new game—they'd probably wait for E3 for new stuff—but there are a few games coming out between now and E3 that could be talked up. Kirby, Detective Pikachu, Labo, etc., and we still don't have a firm release date for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition.

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

If we already know the headliner is Mario Tennis, then hopefully the Nintendo community won't hype this up to the extreme like they did last time.

Come now, you know the Nintendo community better than that.

I saw a thumbnail of a YT video yesterday saying that there's a rumor direct. I so passed  on even tho I expect one but that video came out of nowhere on my feed. I guess rumors can be true, rarely with Nintendo anyways.

I meant to put this in my first post in this thread, slipped my mind.

6 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Silver Mega Man amiibo to join normal and gold from the 3DS MMLC to accompany the new MMLC collection coming to Switch.

Silver?!? Is this to mark its anniversary or another form Mega Man, I'm not aware of.

Just now, Igneous42 said:

I don't want to get my hopes up but if FE Switch is still actually planned for 2018 we gotta hear something about it soon I'd think. At least a teaser. 

I concur, I'm not a big FE fan so for me sort of chomping at the bit for information is understandable  if we haven't heard peep since last January.

22 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

That Gold one didn't have any significant anniversary tied to it either.

I can't have you put out in the universe that silver Mega Man amiibo to be a thing.

So let it be.

Much and love and respect to the blue bomber but no.

37 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I can't have you put out in the universe that silver Mega Man amiibo to be a thing.

So let it be.

Much and love and respect to the blue bomber but no.

I wonder if they would do it though...  I mean of that prior 3DS LC got one....   Do I expect one? No....

...not unless they confirm Smash amiibo line wave 2 for Smash DLX lol.

I'll listen to this later but yeah...you know the Smash smoke will be there

Edited by purple_beard