Nintendo Direct 03.08.2018 - 2:00PM PT - 5:00PM ET

Holy shit Undertales actually coming to the Switch

Been wanting to play that for awhile, actually... Looking forward to when it comes out

Also HW coming out 5/18 - i had a feeling we'd see a release date in the direct

Nice to see it coming out in the next couple months

The Splatoon 2 stuff looks interesting, whatever it is - will have to rewatch it later - streams a tad laggy on my end

"One more video".... Could it be Smash? Nope, Splatoon ink. Time to turn this off. Wait. This is suspicious. NO THIS IS SMASH. I jumped in my seat twice after seeing that IT REALLY IS SMASH AND BOTW LINK IS HERE.

So while we all panic, can we take a moment to agree that this narrator for this video was without a doubt the single most soulless tool our society could possibly provide? It was kind of entertaining to watch him work his way around the fractured butthole, but I died about five times at his butchering of "casa bonita". That is actually going to keep me up at night.

Goddamn, that Smash teaser gave me goosebumps. Can't believe it's actually coming this year; it must be an enhanced port then, right? Or could they have actually built an entirely new game for Switch?

Also dang, I literally just bought South Park: The Fractured But Whole for PS4 yesterday. :| Oh well, I got it cheap.

Actual thoughts:
WarioWare Gold - Neat, don't know if I'll buy
Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers - I'll probably buy
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story DX - I'm kinda confused, why did they skip Partners in Time?
Detective Pikachu - Not sure if I'll buy
Luigi's Mansion - Neat, although I probably won't buy.  If it were Switch, I'd consider.

Okami HD - Good.  Great for it to be on Switch.
Captain Toad - Makes sense.  Probably won't repurchase unless there's a sale.
Dark Souls amiibo - LOL
Mario Tennis Aces - Effort!  Honest to god effort!

Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion - Great!
Crash Bandicoot - Amazing grab.
South Park - Wow, another great grab.

Super Smashasldjhksalghlsdajknmflnjc0ur30943 75094025

I'm lukewarm on this Direct. Nice to see Nintendo finally confirmed what everyone was already thinking with Inkling in Smash. (And what an overpowered reveal it was. :P) I'm glad they're in, but I'm not a Splatoon fan, so I'm hoping this means another few characters are in the works. 

Spoiler

8f0.gif

Another highlight for me is WarioWare. While it's no replacement for Warioland, it's nice to see Ninty isn't gonna leave Wario alone after Game & Wario flopped. Here's hoping this isn't another Mario Party Top 100 situation, though they did say they'd be adding new minigames. Octopath is looking super good, though I'm cautious with any game coming out of Square Enix. The Luigi's Mansion port was... a strange choice, especially given the timing. I mean, great, but why now? Crash Bandicoot was unexpected but nice to see, though I'll still probably stick with the PS1 originals. Mario Tennis Aces is shaping up nicely, though I wish they'd said more about the story mode. After the last Mario Tennis I'm worried the single player will be just as barebones. I'm sure folks went insane over Undertale. Cue the gratuitous reaction videos. :P

I don't think anyone was asking for nearly this much Captain Toad. The Splatoon Octo Expansion video was a fresh dose of "What did I just watch?" I was a little suprised we didn't see Bayonetta, and severely disappointed they didn't talk about Fire Emblem. Ah, well. Three months till E3. 

12 minutes ago, The Krazy One said:

There were only 2 games on the DS. Superstar Saga was on the GBA.

I should've been more specific, then

i mean there's Partners In Time, Bowsers Inside Story and Dream Team, so i may  have been thinking of the DS/3DS game line as a whole instead of separate iterations

I was somewhat also typing out thoughts out in a hurry so there may have been an mistaken error on that