Nintendo Direct 03.08.2018 - 2:00PM PT - 5:00PM ET

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

I wonder if they would do it though...  I mean of that prior 3DS LC got one....   Do I expect one? No....

...not unless they confirm Smash amiibo line wave 2 for Smash DLX lol.

Yeah, I was going to bring up the legacy collection for Switch but if they announced it and there was no mention of amiibo they wouldn't save for the last moment. Like it makes sense for anniversary sake but for my amiibo sanity,...no.

Looking forward to it, with every Direct. Don't need no surprise announcement for me until E3. I have plenty to hold me over with on the Switch and 3DS. Wish it was at a better time for me. I work second shift hours, so there's no way I can watch this live. I'll either have to just get spoilers with a summary or wait until I get home at night. I will probably do the first option then watch it when I get the chance.

Honestly, what's left for 3DS? Strange Journey Redux and then... Is there anything? I'm a little surprised they're announcing 3DS games tomorrow. I thought they'd let it die after this year, despite Kamiya's comments. Anyway, if it means I don't need to buy a new handheld, that's great news. Ride on, 3DS. Ride on. 

I still need to hear about a few more key titles before I head out and buy a Switch. Fire Emblem would do the trick. So would Metroid Prime 4 and Shin Megami Tensei V. And the timing seems right to talk about them, too. Well, maybe not SMTV, since development just hit full stride. 

I'm going to keep right on dreaming about Kid Icarus 4. :P 

Detective Pikachu on 3ds also exists. We might get a demo, for example.

But the 3ds is in it's way to being dead and I have zero expectations we'll see a new 3ds game. The fact the 3ds saw as much support over the past year as it did was a consequence of 3ds being plan B for switch; switch is doing so well they don't need plan B.

Edited by KefkaFFVI

I have a weird feeling in my gut that perhaps the revealing of Thracia 776 heroes Leif, Finn, and Nanna in Fire Emblem Heroes is somehow tied to this Nintendo Direct.

Maybe new info on "Fire Emblem Switch" is coming tomorrow? Could "Fire Emblem Switch" be a remake of Thracia 776? I mean, why would IntSys hold on to these main protagonist heroes with clean redesigns until now if they weren't saving them for promoting the new game?

Just my thought process on it.

Edited by Surge135
1 hour ago, Surge135 said:

I have a weird feeling in my gut that perhaps the revealing of Thracia 776 heroes Leif, Finn, and Nanna in Fire Emblem Heroes is somehow tied to this Nintendo Direct.

Maybe new info on "Fire Emblem Switch" is coming tomorrow? Could "Fire Emblem Switch" be a remake of Thracia 776? I mean, why would IntSys hold on to these main protagonist heroes with clean redesigns until now if they weren't saving them for promoting the new game?

Just my thought process on it.

I have a feeling the next "Echoes" FE will be Binding Blade, since the director said that's the one he wants to remake the most. And it would make sense to have a brand new game before another remake. 

9 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

Honestly, what's left for 3DS? Strange Journey Redux and then... Is there anything?

Well, we haven't seen anything from Persona Q2 since it was announced last August. *shrug*

13 hours ago, Igneous42 said:

I don't want to get my hopes up but if FE Switch is still actually planned for 2018 we gotta hear something about it soon I'd think. At least a teaser. 

Not necessarily. If Nintendo emulates Fire Emblem Echoes by revealing FE Switch a few months before release, it's possible they won't show anything until much later this year. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Unless I’m mistaken or misremembering but isn’t Hyrule Warriors DE slated for a Spring release? (Been awhile since it was revealed in the last direct, so my memory might be a bit foggy on that but I think it was slated for Spring release)

Wonder if we’ll see a definite release date mentioned in the direct....?

Just a thought anyway 

16 hours ago, KefkaFFVI said:

Detective Pikachu on 3ds also exists. We might get a demo, for example.

But the 3ds is in it's way to being dead and I have zero expectations we'll see a new 3ds game. The fact the 3ds saw as much support over the past year as it did was a consequence of 3ds being plan B for switch; switch is doing so well they don't need plan B.

Understandable so. As much as folks want to move over to Switch. There's close or at 70 million install base. You can just run away from that despite the growing install base that is the Switch.

This might be hyperbole but I think it is possible for the Switch to surpass the install bas of the Xbox One, am I crazy?!? But this all depends on the titles slated to release on either platform to warrant that possibility tho.

9 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Understandable so. As much as folks want to move over to Switch. There's close or at 70 million install base. You can just run away from that despite the growing install base that is the Switch.

This might be hyperbole but I think it is possible for the Switch to surpass the install bas of the Xbox One, am I crazy?!? But this all depends on the titles slated to release on either platform to warrant that possibility tho.

This. I'm also of the opinion 3DS wasn't a plan B for Switch considering it was already around and kicking and still doing fairly well on its own. If software kept/keeps coming to it as a consequence of anything it would be the result of said games having already been in planning/development for the platform to begin with.  Kimishima has been pretty adamant about 3DS support going forward both as a budget entry device for new players going forward and promoting its existing software line to keep that going.  No doubt, eventually support will wane since one of the biggest properties is already in development for Switch but it's not going to be an immediate change.  The 3DS will keep selling for some time even as the Switch continues to take off.

I'm for Revail for Smash but why do I have feeling they are going do Lucina/Marth clone thing. I know their movesets are different and if Sakurai is involved his moveset for character are deliberate and usual spot on the characteristics. (well as best as he can, anyways)

4 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm for Revail for Smash but why do I have feeling they are going do Lucina/Marth clone thing. I know their movesets are different and if Sakurai is involved his moveset for character are deliberate and usual spot on the characteristics. (well as best as he can, anyways)

Chances are, if anything, the Champions would show up as Final Smash for Link or Zelda.