Framed Collection Coming to Switch

FRAMED COLLECTION COMING TO NINTENDO SWITCH

Swap the order and switch the outcome in the award-winning noir puzzle games FRAMED and FRAMED 2

Tuesday March 6, 2018 – Developer Loveshack Entertainment and indie label Surprise Attack Games today announced that FRAMED Collection--a compilation of the multi-award winning noir puzzle games FRAMED and FRAMED 2--will launch on Nintendo Switch in Spring 2018.

FRAMED and FRAMED 2 feature a fusion of unique game mechanics and clever narrative puzzles in a noir tale of stylish heists, fast getaways and nail-biting escapades. Players rearrange the panels of an animated comic book to rearrange the order of events and change the outcome from disaster to success. 

A winner of multiple game awards, and a finalist of IGF 2015’s “Excellence in Design” Award, Hideo Kojima named FRAMED his Game of the Year in 2014. Building on the original, ground-breaking  mechanics, and serving as a prequel, FRAMED 2 was released in 2017 and was highly praised by press and fans alike, receiving dozens of awards, including being listed on both the Apple AppStore and Google Play store as one of the best games of 2017.

With multi-award winning puzzle design, stylish hand crafted art and animation, and an original live jazz soundtrack, the FRAMED Collection is a puzzle compilation perfectly suited to the Nintendo Switch. It can be played using the Joy-Con or via the touch screen for a more tactile experience.

The FRAMED Collection will be published on Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac and Linux by indie label Surprise Attack Games.

I hadn't heard of this before but it looks like a really cool concept, and I dig the art and music. I'll have to keep my eye out for when this gets a solid release date.

I played the first Framed, when it was the App Store free app of the week because I'm a cheap-ass and it looked interesting. It was essentially a sliding puzzle with a narrative, and it had a solid sense of style.

If I remember correctly, Framed 2 came out the week Framed was the free app of the week. See what they did there? Like a 1980's cartoon drug dealer, the first hit was free.

I didn't buy the second, but my experience with the first is enough for me to say check it out if you're interested. Assuming, of course, they don't bungle the port job.

Only slightly related: