Fang and Bone – N4A Chat Thread, March 2018

Reilly

Celebrating the one-year anniversary of the release of Breath of the Wild on March 3rd, followed by St. Patrick's Day on March 17th, so let's kick off the chat thread with some Celtic-style Zelda music!

I picked 'Fang and Bone' for the chat name because it sounded most like it'd be the name of a pub.

• Chrom pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, Isotope said:

Damn, that's tasty.  If I ever get this game (and a system to play it on), this track convinced me to put effort into trying to main Hit.

I love the weird-ass saxophone noodling at the 1:05 mark, followed by at least two quotes of The Lick™.

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I got my autographed copy of that CD just last week!

Me, too!  Probably the first time I didn't feel a burning desire to punch something upon hearing Kaepora Gaebora's theme.  Still a mild desire to punch something, but not too strong.

1 minute ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Wait they sell a save slot as part of DLC?

Not exactly; rather, hard (master) mode *itself* is part of DLC and they figure you don't want to override your old save file for your new hard mode playthrough. As such, it's effectively a second save slot. 

Like, I get that Nintendo isn't always the best developer, but I don't see them getting as greedy on the switchy as the rest of the AAA industry anytime soon. The worst that can be said about Nintendo's switch games is their DLC can be expensive by Nintendo standards--such as Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors. 

And I specify switch games because FE heroes is a moneygrab and let's not pretend otherwise, but it's on mobile, so doesn't bode much of anything for the switch. 

Edited by Adol
1 hour ago, Adol said:

Like, I get that Nintendo isn't always the best developer, but I don't see them getting as greedy on the switchy as the rest of the AAA industry anytime soon. The worst that can be said about Nintendo's switch games is their DLC can be expensive by Nintendo standards--such as Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors. 

And I specify switch games because FE heroes is a moneygrab and let's not pretend otherwise, but it's on mobile, so doesn't bode much of anything for the switch. 

I don't find it to be as much of one as Pokemon Shuffle. It's impossible to get a lot of the rares now so I don't try that often. The odds are far more in favor of the house these days. They really, really want people to spend money on it.

Found out about a worse one though: The X Files: Deep State. As bad as Shuffle's prices can be, this game out does it.  $349.30 -- a combination price for 'special offer' bundles. 

No thanks guys, I'd rather get a Switch or a PS4 instead. :P 

Edited by Doc Brown
12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't find it to be as much of one as Pokemon Shuffle. It's impossible to get a lot of the rares now so I don't try that often. The odds are far more in favor of the house these days. They really, really want people to spend money on it.

I don't really think of Pokemon apps as Nintendo's. The Pokemon Company is closer to a business partner than subsidiary of Nintendo, and so the PC can do what they want as long as they don't publish on competing platforms. That's a reason Pokemon showed up on mobile well before any other Nintendo franchise.